Its time for the Alliance to unite on AV

I call upon all Alliance players to queue for AV and as soon as the game starts, /AFK.

This might sound counter-productive, but it forces the Horde to queue and re-queue for hours which might finally get the attention of Blizzard to actually look at fixing the imbalance of the map. As it seems they only listen to Horde complaints as it stands, and they will complain after hours of Queueing for AV for nothing.

Any other game where one side wins 99.9% of the time would die within days.

17 Likes

how would that work you would just end up with 7 min horde av wins?

You cannot co-ordinate an entire faction.

That is part of the problem.

1 Like

actually, you would just get the “not enough players” and the game would end

7 Likes

acutally we would still get honor for it so go ahead fast wins and fast reps

you are right, but there are also allot of other “parts” to the problem.

The map is imbalanced
Horde racials are generally better for PvP
The map is imbalanced
Shamans> Paladins in PvP
The map is imbalanced
Even extra world buffs (not really a factor in PvP… but still)

Either way, when you put ALL those parts of a problem together, you end up with one side winning 99.9% of the time.

5 Likes

It’s very hard to fix player perception issues, as described in this old thread from the US:

You could be right, but I rather have relevant evidence to support it. Switch the map for 1 week, disregard lore, Alliance start in the South and Horde in the North, the NPC’s are opposite allegiances and lets see if Horde still has a 99.9% win rate. If they do, I take it all back.

6 Likes

and then you write

Right… Yeah… It’s not like Asian servers exist, where nobody has ever bothered checking if they’re complaining about it. You know they can effectively disprove or strengthen your argument that the map has anything to do with win rates, right?

Sure seems like player perception problems ingrained in your very core though.

you dont understand what “relevant evidence” means?

Ok I will explain, it means having tested something in the enviroment it intends to exist and seeing the results.

it does not mean cause Panda’s can exist in China, they should exist everywhere.

2 Likes

Right, they have the same map, same classes, which is why:

Get it yet? Seems you didn’t really think that one through.

Meanwhile, I’ll just quote https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-curious-case-of-wolfenstein-av-and-player-perception/435213 again:

Nearly 20 years ago, a game called Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was being tested. The game had two mechanically identical sub-machine guns, the only differences being cosmetic (their in-game models and sound effects.) However, even those the guns were functionally identical…one was actually performing better. How? Why?

It turns out people “felt” one was better because it sounded stronger. That is it. People thought their gun was stronger, so they were more aggressive and got more kills…while others using the different identical gun thought it was weaker…so they played more defensive and ended up dying more.

Player perception has real, tangible effects…even if they’re based in reality or not.

I think this is what is happening in Alterac Valley right now. I know its not an exact 1:1 comparison, but I think the power of mind-set should not be overlooked. Alliance are queuing up convinced they’re going to lose because they’re at a disadvantage…and why wouldn’t they think that, they have been losing. So now they’re in the fight convinced they’re all ready on the back foot, so why should they try…they’re just going to lose anyways, right? And they self-fulfill their own prophecy.

With Wolfenstein, all they had to do was change the sound effect, unfortunately I don’t see such an easy fix to the perception problem that exists now…other than just bringing to light just how powerful mind-set is.

You all started with that mindset from the trauma caused by the World PvP phase which made them rush out AV and WSG earlier than planned, which is why you Alliance sought strength in numbers with plans beforehand to exploit the crap out of the matchmaking system, because you knew you could since the exploits were known from both refail and pservers already.

So when that got taken away, the psychological blow to your mindsets immediately showed its effects from the PTSD of the WPvP phase, which kept burrowing deeper and deeper in your minds and blaming everything on external factors instead of looking within. (Because nobody wants to blame themselves, right? It MUST be the fault of things you have no control over!)

Like the Wolfenstein stuff, you’re just complaining that the “gun sounds louder and looks better” even though they’re inconsequential to the real problems, which is the negative player mindset and widespread martyr complex.

so you’re just gonna get a 15 min debuff and wasted time for going into the bg?

also with you being ally do you realise how quick you would backfill?

even after explaining it, “relevant evidence” went over your head. The only was to disprove what I said is, to do what I said, flip the map and see the results.

I will try to simplify my analogy further though, just for you…

Taking corona virus as an example, we find a cure for Turtles to it, so that cure should work on humans too? reality doesnt work that way (sorry to burst your bubble). And just saying “PTSD makes it worse” (and in a videogame enviroment) makes you ignorant to what PTSD actually does do to a person and makes it look like you dont have a real arguemet.

1 Like

Seeing the incessant whining on the forum and the real, tangible effects on player behavior in the game ever since the WPvP phase started (the forum history from that time is hilarious), sure does indicate psychological trauma though.

Your arguments are just delusional nonsense.

To help you understand it better, I’ll break it down for you:

The premades Alliance were running were actually seeking out PvP, with the masses helping out the ones that were being “pulled over” by the Horde in the first clash.
Ever since the premades got taken away, the Alliance overwhelmingly only tries to keep running most of the time in the first clash, like a herd of gazelles. (It really does look like that.)

The few times Alliance pugs have TRIED to fight back in numbers, and lost, they quickly started giving up though. Because it “only confirmed what they already knew”. And thus the player perception issues kept growing.

It’s funny, right?

The martyr complex is real, bro.

Ignorance complex is even more real sis.

Your last post just reinforced it.

claps

2 Likes

… Not really a thing, but ok, whatever. You’re too stupid to talk to.

And how did this percepion get formed? By the massive influx of Horde favoritism in exploit treatment that had us unable to do anything because Devs would “fix” it to accomodate the Horde.

2 Likes

Another example of a martyr complex. Thank you for volunteering.

The difference is I can base my opinion with facts, you with sophistry.

3 Likes