Leaving Mythic+ instances

Deserter debuff is a must, but it’s a short-term solution to the problem. I think it will help better to have the first player to leave a timed run receive a flag that others can see in the form of a score alongside the Mythic+ points, so you know ahead if this player has deserted a run before or not, with higher deserts being a red flag you want to avoid (Similar to how low points for advanced mythic+ are considered red flag too)

This solution should emphasize the need for teamwork to finish the timed run or face consequences for leaving, which should help combat the toxicity and Elitism behaviors displayed by certain players.

Of course, there are rules to follow for such solution to work

• Only the first player receives it, so you don’t have to worry about leaving a timed-run if someone else has left first. Because when someone, especially in a critical role such as healer or tank, leaves a timed run. It’s almost guaranteed to fall apart so there’s no need to punish other players for saving their time and reforming outside before re-attempting.
  • The score clears after each season, so players who learn their lesson and behave more properly shouldn’t worry about past actions.

It’s not a solution at all. I’m sure the ways it could be worked around have been explained to you before but you refuse to listen.

2 Likes

That just doesn’t work in M plus which is a pug environment.

The leader could just yeet someone to take that buff if it’s first person out. If the first leaver is the issue then the person will just not play, afk, perform badly, none of this is going to improve the key.

There are plenty of keys where you know early on whether or not you’re going to time it, if things have gone horribly wrong, many will just call it. Sometimes that calling is just one person leaving, other times it’s the group agrees.

A tank got disconnected in one key and although he managed to get back in we were all dead by then. There was no way to time at that point. People left. If his internet had actually died or the power, at what point is it safe to leave that group etc.

I think it’s too complicated to just apply the simple deserter buff system that they have in queued content.

2 Likes

As Dejarous said…

Punishing leavers isnt adressing the issue, just a sympton, genreally people leave because they don’t feel like boosting people for free.

And we’ve all been in thise grps, where you have that one guy doing 40k dps each pull ect. It’s not fun, and if we are to punish leavers, i feel like people underperforming by a large margin should as well.

And even if bliz decided to punish leavers, it would only make pugging worse. As the “checks” before being invited to a grp would become much harsher.

1 Like

It probably wouldn’t be impossible to have a system where a group has a ‘vote to disband key’ button and then people can leave with no penalty.

And for everything else they could probably track ‘number of keys left in x period, which were not agreed disbands’ and apply a chosen penalty. But say, you get 1 or 2 leaves with no penalty, to account for DCs.

And on the flipside, if you know you have a current dodgy connection, why would you sign up for a key?

And if you have the attitude of ‘why should I carry people’, just don’t pug. Get a static.

Pugs by definition will be random and you get what you get.

2 Likes

If you dont want be part of “elitism” stay at +8 keys, you ll get Myth vault.

And if you as a pug just want a boost, say so. And let people chose if they want to do it, dont just start a group, and expect the rest to stay when you’re basically afk.

I did a load of keys on mains and alts during s2 and 3 and in SL and I can probably say it has been pretty rare to get one stand out player who has obviously been there for a boost. Probably the majority of failures were a group effort.

Also raider io score is not a full proof way of knowing people are any good, or even boosters.

So the get a static comment is a much safer way of not carrying, since you play with 4 other people of the same ability and consistency.

Can you “Deserter debuff” people think a head just a little bit?

1. Leader Kicks a person for “fun” because he dislikes him and now the Person get’s Deserter
  2. People won’t leave anymore, they will just AFK or Grief your keys even more till someone else leaves
  3. Something out of your controll happens, like a Poweroutage, Internet Disconnect

We see how unironically bad the Deserter Debuff is already on regular LFD and how people can abuse it.

If you encounter a abnormaly high amount of people quitting, then maybe you should start to look for that one reoccuring reason for them to quit.

To be honest i haven’t touched M+ this expansion and even in shadowlands i didn’t play after some point. Around there i figured that PuGing wasn’t really an option and while i did have a good time playing with guild and friends , and a mix of friends and PuGs…
I just couldn’t be bothered to get into it as solo.
(Damn i miss my ex, she was really moving me
…that girl ) .

Anyway, to the point…
While i wasn’t pro player or anything, i could easily bring timed 15s when i actually tried…
Problem is , i saw the flaw…and that’s why i stopped when i started playing solo.

It’s not about the “deserter” debuff…it won’t fix a thing…it doesn’t in anything else they bring it.
It can be exploited if anything. If someone wants to leave, even if he takes penalty he will ( instead of wasting time …or that’s what they say). In the end you can’t force people do things they don’t want to… mature reasons or not.
To counter this, you either give reason not to leave, or you protect the others (and the leaver, in the end something doesn’t work for him and he leaves).

2 things should be done.
Either lose the timer…and make it more of how difficult it becomes. This way you either play to make it till the end (survival mode !!) or you don’t.
Or lose the punishment…no - (minus) for failing. This way if someone leaves, or something actually happens ( you don’t know if it’s intentional in the end) at least the rest might find another… Or it didn’t go well, no hard feelings…play another one, even with the same team you’ll be getting better and better…!

In general, the reasoning punishment just makes players want to avoid it. So they do stuff to avoid it and it won’t be positive things for the most part.
Can they make players not want to leave, or even if they leave the others shouldn’t worry or feel bad about it…?
That’s the thing…

A stacking debug that also shows on score with percentage keys deleted. For if the percentage gets too low ban

What’s the point of being good to namless npc like puggers ?

If you are a guildie its different story - if you Ask for help plenty of people will help

But for random pugger WHO you will never meet again ? Its pointless

I feel like it depends also which kind of key level it is. If it is a really high key (Like 10+ this season) you probably not doing it to farm loot or crest, and mostly just because of making it in time, therefore I think it is alright to leave earlier if it looks like it is not happening

But if you playing a 2+ and such, then leaving because of one or two wipes, then that is a bit yikes. It might not be the best key, but you still get crest + loot at the end. It sometimes takes a while to even form the group if you are a DPS, and someone leaving that group after a wipe feels really bad

You’d never understand

2 Likes

Don’t let that stop you anyway

1 Like

I belive should work something like pvp If you leave you lose point and you keep losing them each time someone leaves … But than you gonna see many people unplugging their internet cable from pcs and keep saying " but my internet went down" so many just lock them down on on 1h Cd

Look let’s be real here for a second ok?
Sometimes you join a group that looks promising but in the end those poeple are just bad and you don’t want to play keys that are no timed
so you leave end of story :smiley:
You don’t do it all the time it’s not on daily basis most of the groups you join are going to be average but they will do it in time
There is no reason to do key when it’s no timed simply because it feels bad it gives you less reward and you just can’t stick with people that don’t care about something as much as you do…

2 Likes

I do not think that will work, personally. Blizzard tried to play around with multiple ways to alter rewards based on the key being timed or not and none if them was particularly foolproof.

In early SL we only got one loot piece if the key was untimed so leavers were more rampant.

In Legion the faster you were the more gear pieces you got, up to 3 pieces for +3 upgrade on a key. The end result was people leaving if the key will not be +3.

In the end communities and guilds are usually the best option to minimise leavers in your group.

Or they leave because they suck and fail themselves and feel embarrassed. Way more common than good players leaving a group.

Honestly I’ve been in love with communities in Discord like No Pressure and Scared of Dungeons where there’s a clear defined set of rules and a different mindset when approaching Mythic+ which made pugs fun for me again.

My advice would be to look for Discord communities that match your mindset when approaching Mythic+ and pug through those places.

3 Likes