Leaving Mythic+ instances

That penalises anyone who tries to push or is just trying to get score in a key and the group falls apart. Again you’re back to is there a sacrificial lamb to take the hit. Do you all get penalised for a leaver or someone failing tactics?

Negative data is not likely to make it as a wow metric. And any addon trying to do so will not likely survive.

I’ve done roughly 102 keys so far this season that completed either over or under time. On top of that there are all the keys that never made it beyond first boss or the boss bugged, looking at you chain boss in NEL, or even some that just failed late and people had had enough and left. The metric of my failed to complete keys is absolutely worthless.

I just left my second m+ for the season.

2 DPS are doing less damage than me as the tank, one of them is a retri paladin saying he can’t do damage because he doesn’t have the 4-set yet. Yet it’s the same bonus as the one he’s wearing from previous season. He also had his legendary upgraded. And is doing less DPS than the tank.

At some point these people need to realize they’re doing something wrong or they’re gonna have people leave their keys constantly.

1 Like

When the dungeon is not finishable in a reasonable time, then leaving is justified.

I am not sure why the 4 set thing of previous season is an argument though, since 1 item of this season and 3 of the previous season still do not work together. You need a full 4 set of items of season 4.

Because he was still using season 3 set?

It’s literally the same bonus as the season 4 set. His damage is bad because he has no clue about how to play ret. Not because he doesn’t have the same set but in season 4 version.

I’m still using the season 3 set when I play ret because I don’t have this season’s version. I also don’t have the legendary. But I pull like 200k more DPS than this guy. I could probably even beat this guy on damage as a healer if the rest of the group was good. They need to stop joining groups and then crying when people leave because they’re absolutely clueless about the game.

Like i said;

I usually stay away from the numbers-game. It is about when the content is doable i do not care players are carrying each other. When it isn’t doable, it isn’t.

I’m overthinking this, but I’ve been in a number of lower keys (under +8) that had players in them that were basically just carries, and even though these keys were completed in time, it awarded score to players who I feel didn’t earn it. They’ll then apply to other people’s keys and look more experienced than they are, negatively impacting those keys.

So maybe leaving such keys would be a service to the community, but I’m not that selfless with my time and it’s also unfair to the other people in the group that did play well. Then again, with paid or friendly boosts, it probably doesn’t matter anyway.

I only left one key this season and one key last season.

In a way there is always someone the best and someone the worst player in a group. There is always boosting going on.

Yes, it is.

I’ve been saying this forever that people need to leave keys with those type of people more often than they already do.

If people don’t leave this guys keys, he’s eventually gonna end up at like 12-13 later in the season and just be a complete keystone terrorist because people think he’s capable of doing them.

This will never work. You should not punish players for leaving, but encourage them to stay instead.

Current PvE rewards suck, and that’s why everything people care about is RIO score. Blizz made some improvements to that with the weekly vault and item upgrades but the actual loot from instances just not worth doing them.

In a raid, you have 4 items per boss that are going to be rolled by 25 people. I even had runs with literally 0 items for my class. In a dungeon, you get 0-1 items per run and 55 gold. Like, why would I ever want to do that?

Gosh, I’m so excited to waste the next 1.5 h of my life searching for a group and grinding a dungeon for 45 min to get those precious 5 crests and 50 gold coins >_<

It’s just not worth it.

I understand what you’re saying, but I’m having a hunch you’re writing this annoyed that this just happened to you.

The thing is this can not be fixed at all, the only fix is finding people with similar interests as you in No Pressure discord groups or similar. You can’t have three people intending to finish the key for weekly and two people intending to push score, when it’s obvious the key won’t be timed, of course the two will leave, and for good reason. I’m one of the pushers here and I leave as soon as I see it can’t be timed.

The only way to fix this is either get rid of Mythic+ because it’s a contagiously toxic environment, or make a group where all five people have the same interest. No other workaround.

there is acceptable level of boosting hich most dont mind and unaceptable one.

i see so many dps who do below healer numbers atm in +2 ruby that its shocking.

but ifwe are ok on time with rest of group carrying i just ignore them .

in ruby +2 for wyr m its easy to gauge very early one since i do the huge almost to first boss pull (excluding the one big lizard guy ) - if someone is doing 150k on that pull - yeah i know what to expect :slight_smile:

if they die ? i just run and pull another group.

if you do 100k aoe this season ? you belong to m0 not to m+ - be glad im there to farm the wyrm cap and enjoy your free boost :slight_smile:

(by you i mean geenral "you " not you you :stuck_out_tongue: )

I dont have that experience, but like i said; it is fine to leave when the dungeon is not doable in a reasonable way.

About dps number speaking about my own experience. I am going to do exponentionally less dps depending on the amount of mobs you pull since it is only doing mechanics instead of doing damage. You mentioned you pull big, so that maybe it is.

Would be nice but its too complicated to implement properly and to not have any doors for abuse.

Leavers gonna leave and not respect the time of others in anycase. Instead of improving and learning themself they just leave and go grief the next group until they find 4ppl who can carry them.

My experience is that the worst player usually leaves or flames first x)

Or 3rd option: Go on forums, redit, discord…whatever to complain about those “elitist toxec key leavers!”

What bugs me about that is: I’m pretty sure Devs are able to program the difference between “being kicked” and “leave dungeon”.
So the loot should be given to the kicked one, but not to the leaver. May his drop vanishes in the void, but it’s frustrating to time a key after someone left and then knowing he gets score and loot after the rest made it through.

To be fair I didn’t have many leavers. But most keys that had one were still timed without them. Higher keys where it didn’t work were mostly cancelled mutually upon realizing that it’s not working.
So in general my groups that had leavers didn’t perform badly, quite the opposite. Most of my leavers were the ones who failed the most and they weren’t even flamed…

The thing is then we are back to all the same issues as you get with leaver debuffs, people will fake it.

498 shadow priest doing 69k overall in a +5 AV. Beat that if you can.

Fake being kicked?

If it’s a DC, then it’s unlucky but still mostly the users responsibility. So DC is kinda the same as leaving. If you have many DCs due to whatever reasons, why is it the responsibility of the group?
Most groups are waiting for the DC guy to come back. Devs could make it so he’s not eligible for loot if he is absent for like more than 5 minutes. So a simple DC wouldn’t be that bad but he can’t fake it and come back 20 mins later.
If someone logs in every 5 minutes to “be present” that’s an obvious behaviour and should be punished as well as going AFK.
And people do that right now… So what’s the loss of not letting them have loot and score when the rest is finishing the key?

If you are kicked: simple.
If you leave: simple. And since it doesn’t hurt you, why bother taking the group hostage? Just leave. If you brick the key so the group disbands you’re in the same position as if you’d leave and let them try as 4.

What exactly is there to “fake”?
What would be the benefit of faking it if you neither win or loose anything? And if they fake a DC… Let them do so and don’t give them loot. Tbh. Even if you’d instantly loose loot and score for DCing, the impact would be very small compared to those whom leave by logging off.

Edit: for DCs you could even make it so you need to be present for X% duration. Considering that AFKers will be punished ofc.

It’s impossible for an automated (or even manual) system to identify the intent of the leaver. Any serious online game simply checks whether you left and starts applying an incrementing punishment. For example in LoL it’s:

TIER PENALTY DURATION
0 1 minute queue delay 1 game
1 5 minute queue delay 5 games
2 10 minute queue delay 5 games
3 15 minute queue delay 5 games
4 24 hour queue lockout Followed by Tier 3 Penalty 1 game
5 3 day queue lockout Followed by Tier 3 Penalty 1 game
6 7 day queue lockout Followed by Tier 3 Penalty 1 game
7 2 week queue lockout Followed by Tier 3 Penalty 1 game

The full description is here:

https://support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752714-LeaverBuster-FAQ

Ofc it’s not 1:1 applicable in WoW (since DPS players start with a passive 30 minute queue delay) but you get the idea.

That’s league… You can’t kick players in league…
And ofc you can have the difference between being kicked and leaving shown… Greetings from like every other game. Even WoW tells you that you have been removed, left the group or it has been disbanded.

That was my core point. Have the protection for people being kicked, but not for leavers.

The DC issue is bigger, I know. But even that could be worked out. Even if 1 minute DC makes you loose out on loot and score… I had less serious DCs that leavers in my groups…