Leaving Mythic+ instances

Honestly… It depends on my end… If we hit a wall. The whole group? And we cant kill a certain boss or trash pack or whatever happens… I am litterally begging for people too leave xD

No need to stay here for an hour+ for my sake hitting our heads against the same wall.
Sure we can wipe once or twice. But if we just face a wall we die against repeatedly… Please end our suffering.

It just wasn’t meant too be.

Translation: We didn’t stun any seismic slams or flamedances. We stood in the big slams, frontals and flame whirls. We missed all the important kicks and got mowed down by dragon frontals and boulders. Stupid healer!

100k is plenty healing for that dungeon on an 8. Esp since you were an aug and your group overgeared the living hell out of it.

3 Likes

and probably 0 defensive cooldowns were used that day

did a 5+ neltharus yesterday… We didn’t even reach the first boss… the tank pulled all the djaradin and the fire elementals in one giga pull.

Apperently the djaradin can turn the elementals into fire elementals that does huge aoe dmg if not controlled.

Needless to say we all died… repeatedly and people left. And honestly? I am happy they did… Rather than us all staying there for over an hour dying and dying again and again against the same trash.

Ice block only kept me alive for so long… And I could only Dragons breath once before we all where dead.

The thamaturges have one cast that needs to be stopped “molten core”. Apart from “don’t stand in bad” its just about all that matters in the trash up to the boss.

It can be interrupted / stunned / dragons breathed etc but yes, if it goes off and you don’t over gear it you’re likely dead.

Yyuup :sweat_smile: Lets just say I will invite more CC to my group the next Neltharus I make. I take full blame for it.

Thats not really the solution. People shouldn’t be doing pulls like that on a 5. Who needs to stop what needs to be well understood if you’re going to pull that many mobs.

The problem here is that the tank didn’t understand that pulling 3000 mobs isn’t what makes a good tank, its pulling what a group in a +5 can reasonably handle.

1 Like

Between dragon’s breath, counterspell, blastwave and a quick reset on counterspell and blastwave with shifting power then you can control them reliably for a good while alone to make sure it won’t go off even during a pull with 2 of them.

I’m all for testing the limits a bit on the first 2 - 3 pulls as a tank and gauge what the group can handle but i have to agree with that as well. There’s no reason to drastically overpull in that manner in a pug.

I might be wrong but I don’t think you can counterspel these guys? All their casts seem to be shielded casts. that needs a hard interrupt.

But I will admit I dont use blastwave… I am out of keybinds for it.

You just need to stun them. Or knock. Or cc. In my situation as mistweaver; leg sweep, ring of peace, paralysis.

Best practise. Just pull 1 pack at a time.

Had a tank try to take 22 mobs on the first pull in AV without actually communicating this. I’m fine with testing the waters too, but if someone does a stupid pull like that in AV im outty - i just cba.

They have 2 abilities. “Magma conflagaration” is a nuke on a player that ‘can’ be stunned but meh. Molten core is the “omg stop this at all costs” cast and it can be counterspelled / inset any other cc here.

1 Like

Aight. I shall keep an eye out then. Thanks for the feedback and backup guys.

Worth seeing if you can find the space for it since it’s a nice additional interrupt to have on anything that can be hard cc’d.

1 Like

Even if i learn how too use blastwave though… Not gonna lie… when the tanks pull to much… and too many nameplates and casting bars stacks ontop of eachother? I am literally blind. I cannot keep up.

But I shall try to improve. But I think I might need computer gaming glasses xD at this point. It all becomes a blurr to me to keep up with on the screen…

Swirlies and spell effects all over the ground and everywhere… Nameplates and casting bars to keep track off… where the hell is my mouse coursor?!xD

And! I need to master all of this! and maintain a high dps too! Else that is wrong as well. Am i just really crap at this game and too old?

My eternal nightmare. “Oh I need to kick this” /spends next 5 seconds wiggling the mouse to find cursor to select mob while tabbing through every other mob but the one I want on the other hand.

1 Like

glad its not just me… The way everyone here talks about it makes me feel like a grandpa xD

Usually there’s one or two mobs in a pull that needs to be stopped so you can try to set up your UI with a more visible focus frame and focus target castbar and put those mobs on focus before the pull or as it’s being set up.

Of course there are pulls like the lashers early on in AV where it’s more a matter of the group chaining their stops without overlapping so there you may have to watch out for castbars in general.

think I just need a better nameframe addon… cause even though ive got ‘‘stacking nameplates’’ they really aint <.< they all melt together for me. And I cant see crap

It’s even worse at times if you forget where it is but you rely on @cursor macro’s for your AoE. At least i can just go fire at times and not have to deal with that if my general focus slips a bit.

Yea firing the old ring of peace or whatever onto a chandelier is amusing at first but gets old quickly!