Let us merge accounts along with mounts please!

Good evening guys!
I have two World of Warcraft accounts. One OG and the 2nd one I am writting from at the moment. I have two of them thanks to WoW movie promo (I got a copy of WoW game with cinema tickets).

I started playing on 2nd account cause it had 30 days of playtime and it was during content draught (end of WoD). While leveling in storm peaks a group of players asked me to camp with them as they had one spawn free. I already spent ~21 days of playtime in storm peaks so I decided to help em. Around 4 am I got TLPD and decided that this account will be my main from now on as tlpd is my all time favourite mount. I contacted blizzard customer service today and retrieved my old account and I asked if its possible to merger accounts. I was told it is possible but mounts are gonna stay on my old account. They can only move toons. I spent countless hours on farming mounts like: experiment 12b, mimirons head, invicible, felsteel annihilator (this one I got from cutting edge but still required a lot of time), infinite timereaver. These are the mounts I asked to move and told GM i dont care about the rest. There were some mounts from the shop, other rare mounts etc but I said I dont need them. Old account can be removed and I wouldnt miss achievements, other mounts, xmogs and toys.
GM told me it is possible to move mounts by removing them from one account and adding on the second one but he does not tend to do that. TEND? Suggesting hes done it before but he wont do it for me? Thats weird. In all my years I contacted blizzard maybe twice cause I forgot secret question. I never asked for anything. Both accounts are mine with ID proof, clean history and I can describe how and when I got every single mount I asked for.

Why is it that blizzard doesnt want to help with moving mounts? I get it. Some people would exploit it to make $, others to scam. Every situation is unique tho and you can’t punish every single one of us just because they are stupid people in the world.

I would love to hear your opinions on this matter.

Best regards,
Nivmie the average arcane bolt spammer

3 Likes

I thought that sort of stuff was merged as long as your accounts are merged under the same battle.net account?

I have not investigated the matter any, I just know that when I RAF’ed myself for one of the mounts, I had access to Heirlooms I had earned on my normal account on the newly created account. (as in via the tab, not by sending the pieces by mail)

OP must have made a new Battle.net account instead of adding to their existing one.

1 Like

Sounds about right.

In the interest of curiosity, I logged on to the inactive, un-upgraded account i used to RAF with way back then. It’s a completely separate account, but it is merged under the same battle.net account. I had access to all my mounts there.

1 Like

When Blizzard say account bound they mean battle.net. They’ve changed tooltips to say this; very long winded imo. Blizzard tend to use the term license when discussing each subscription.

I have never heard of Blizzard moving mounts from one battle.net account to another.

1 Like

Would be open to abuse more than license merges.

I know it’s my fault but I’ve never heard about multiple wow accounts option. I thought every account is unique. That is my bad but if personal ID matches on both accounts, both are mine, then I dont see any reason not to help. It’s just gonna go to waste because I’m not going to pay two subscriptions to enjoy 8 mounts I want from my old account.

There is no problem with them transferring a Warcraft account from one battle.net to another, they just cannot merge them.

As you have already been told the mounts will not transfer with it as they are battle.net account bound.

You can ask one thousand times, the answer will always be the same.

Will not move

Items in the Collections Journal including mounts, pets, toys, wardrobe items, and heirlooms

I get it. They do not provide that service even though its technically possible. My question wasnt if its possible or not but why do they choose NOT to do it. I’ll have to pay two subscriptions even if they merge them anyway so they’re not losing any money…

That one is easy, it’s open to abuse and it’s not as simple as adding it to one account and removing it from another. Having worked with computers and databases most of my life there may be unforeseen circumstances just by doing something this simple.

Also it may actually not be possible to do it and someone didn’t know everything about it.

It is possible and I know people who asked for exactly the same thing and got it done by blizzard. Lets make the rules strict then. Both accounts are registered to my IRL name with ID proof, both have the same billing adress. I do understand that some people might want to abuse it but you cant change personal data even if you contact blizzard so in my case it’s a pretty safe bet that im the rightful owner of both accounts.

If you’re talking strictly about technicalities, it is possible as its been confirmed by at least three GMs I’ve talked to.

It may be “possible” but as I said, if it’s done it may cause problems, for instance, if a mount is gotten from an achievement and the one account doesn’t have the achievement it may bug out the account.

Just because something can be done doesn’t mean it should be.

Users of a database know nothing about the background things that go on with it.

Dottie,
I appreciate your feedback but you havent said anything helpful “might bug out, might not work” but it just might work so please lets use facts. Merging two accounts would mean combining everything you unlocked on two of them (meaning if you have invicible mount, you’ll also get invicible feat of strenght).

I still dont see why it’s not allowed and why blizzard chooses to help SOME people with merging accounts. GMs always say "all players are equal’’. I dont feel like we are equal if some people got it done and some people were told it’s not possible.

A user only sees one end of the databases. Blizzard DO NOT merge accounts, they move Warcraft licenses from one to another.

You say this is a technical discussion but you want it and they don’t do it. THE END

thanks for the free bump mate. I think we already establised that this kind of service is unavailable at the moment. I mean for MOST OF US cause you know, we’re all equal hehe. I am going to post about this stuff cause I bet there are more people in the same situation hoping they will be able to merge THEIR OWN accounts one day.

1 Like

Blizzard.
do.
not.
merge.
accounts.

and they never have.

Edit: Also you don’t own your account, Blizzard do, I suggest you read the Terms of Use.

I have this. This account is my second account. I created it at the end of Wotlk. To try out some multiboxing. I made the mistake of creating two battlenet accounts instead of merging them in one of the two accounts.
If there was a way to merge them I would. I have a couple of nice mounts, titles, pets and toys on my original account.
Did forget my password for that one. So I’ve been playing on this account since then.
But if I ever find my old password again. I’d try to merge them.

They did sort of Semi merge them during vanilla. Moving a character from one account to the other. It’s how I moved a character from my brother’s account to mine, when I got a WoW account

1 Like

How could they merge battle.net accounts when Warcraft didn’t use them back then? Achievements didn’t exist until 2009 I think and mounts were items in your bags.

Edit: Moving a character is not merging accounts, it’s nowhere near it.