Let's make it an interview #3

A: Having someone else do it for me, naturally. I really cannot waste my time on such mundane matters.

Q: Family or duty first?
"Seeing how it took my family the whole two blinks of an eye to disown and boot me from Silvermoon the moment my complexion took a turn for the blue, yeah... what do you think?" *Mutters something unpleasant under her breath*

Q: What is your least favourite holiday destination on Azeroth, and why?
A: "Family, what family?"

Amnastaria emits a bitter smile

"Those lovely blood elves that spet on me, when I saw the real nature of the banshee queen, long years ago, and did what had to be done? When I tried to convince them that Sylvanas and her ilk at not any better then the legion?
There is only duty now. Duty and vengeance. We are marching to war now, to repay the favor for Teldrassil. Only when the horde filth will drawn in their own blood, when their strongholds... well, most of them I mean... will be reduced to ash or collapse into their onw toxic sewers, there will be time even to think about... family again".

Q: Where had you been and what were you doing when lor'danell fel and the world tree was burnt?

------------------
Edit (to Saevreen):

A: "Vacation? ask me when I'll permit myself to have one. But if I need to answer now *shrugs*... then its the Stormwind Catherdral area. So full with arrogant oafs with shining armor, prancing around like roosters, full with ranks and talks about honor and glory, when half of them doesn't even know what a true battlefield looks like. Some of them even dare to question my (!) loyalty to the high king. They are making me sick every time I must pass those parts".
"Evacuating civillians alongside a few others. We thought we could minimize the casualties in this... but that was just wishful thinking I guess. We tried to be heroes and only leave monsters..."

Thuldrell lets out a single tear in remorse of the Horde's actions that day. He does not wish to speak further.

Question: What was your most embarrasing moment that you can remember? Don't hold back! Nothing leaves this room!
"Uh..."

Velaeda looks around a bit to make sure she is alone with the interviewer. Then proceeds in a cold, flat voice.

"Fine. I don't know why you would ask something like this if not to make a story out of it, but I'll answer. But if this ever leaves this room you will wish for being caught by the Scourge before I get to you."

She leans a bit forward and continues, slightly lowering her voice.

"You remember how you asked about cooking and I told you I liked dwarfen meals? Well, there is one ingredient I really came to fear: beans. You see, one night after a succesfull assault on the Scourge our Quartermaster, the old Hammerfist, decided to present us with 'something special' from his home to celebrate. Beans and onions, a shot of vinegar and some pieces of meat. A basic stew. It tasted really nice, so I ate quite a lot of it."

Suddenly, she stops. Apparently she's unsure about whether to go on with this, but then lets out a small sigh and goes on.

"Well, I had first shift that night. And my indestines started to, uh, boil? I don't really know the proper words for it. I'd never felt something like that before. So I did something I should never have done: I abandoned my post to get into the bushes and relief myself.
Only moments later I was surrounded by my comrades, a wary look on their face, weapons drawn and at the ready. They said they were woken by strange, loud sounds quite close to our camp and when I was gone the rushed out in the direction of those sounds. They were afraid, the Scourge might plan a retaliatory strike on us and might've gotten the better of me."

She smirks, as she remembers the next part.

"Can you imagine just how embarassing it was? I had to explain to them that there was no strange new undead monster around. That the only reason they were awake now was Hammerfist's bean stew. I basically woke our camp to full battle readyness by farting."

Her smile drops back into a cold, threatening expression.

"It's a funny and embarassing story, but it will not leave this room, remember?"

Question: Were you ever in love with someone or something?
Oh...

Illumielle's face turns grim as she is staring into nothing for several seconds.

Yesā€¦ His name is Galenn Oakseed. He... was left on Teldrassil when all this happened.

She stays silent for other several seconds.

When I was a youngling, I was helping to care for plants at one of the druid gardens. He was a druid apprentice. When he met me, he asked if I am also going to be an apprentice. His thoughts were too progressive for that time, you knowā€¦ Of course, I could not.

But when the Cenarion circle recommenced the activity, I could meet him during the expeditions.
He could always calm me. And cared about me.

If not him, I would have been ended during the Northtrend expedition. He not only managed to save me but stayed aside for almost a year, while I was trying to recover.
I wish I were not stupid to leave him then.
I wish I could repay him at least. But I was not there when they burned the Tree. I have not even had the courage to tell him about the feelings.

And now only the box with his seeds is the only thing is left of him...

She stops speaking, falling into deep thoughts.

Let us move to another question, please.

Question: Tell us about your childhood! How did you end up being who you are?
*pulls up a chair and rests his chin on his hands, having gone through this story many times in the past*

"To be honest, my childhood was as unspectacular as most people's. Raised by good parents, who were a warrior and a priest respectively. Got on well with my younger brother who followed the hunter's path. Trained with the Silvermoon city guards to become the best blood elf warrior I could be.

The the invasion of Silvermoon happened. You all know that story. We fought, but it was inevitable that we would lose. Death came for us all, including myself. But down the line, death was not my final release. As you can see, I made into a Death Knight. My fate was sealed. First as a member of the Scourge, now the Horde."

Question: If you had power over the undead, which of the various forms of the undead would you have as a travelling companion?
Is that even a choice? Jeremiah. Poor bastard's been through alot. That and I trust Blightcaller the same way I trust a 5 silver prostitute behind an inn.

Promise me you won't tell Sylvanas's "Champion" I said that though... we have enough drama in the chain of command here at the moment.

Question: If you are a combatant, describe your fighting style. Such as the way you carry your weapon, which weapons you use, and how effectively you use them. Give us details!
I would Save Jeremiah Payson- This will undoubtably make people angry yes.
Nathanos Blightcaller is a champion of our warchief, he is more than capable of taking care than himself. if he falls, it will be a worthy death
Jeremiah Payson is a citizen and unarmed.
(damnit sniped!)

I use polearm, my body and my armor as a weapon, Ramming, shattering, tossing and cracking... ofcourse a little impalement. I use more than just the "sharp-end-of-the-stick". I use everything i have, whenever it be a boot towards one's knees, or a stab in someone's... genital..
as for my weapon, it is an extention of myself, be it arms or leg. it is as much part of me as my tusk- The right one.
She points at the left one, it got an iron tip.

Question: If you had knowledge of what the Banshee queen's plan were prior to the attack on Teldrassil. What would you do with them?
''Hmmmm, a query with the possibility of lateral thinking. But you may not like my answer.''

''Nothing. I would do nothing.'' The Lightforged makes a brief look upwards towards the stars. ''I once heard in a briefing on recent Azerothian affairs that war was 'inevitable'. I didn't understand it at the time, but looking at the savagery both sides now fight with - it becomes clear that old hostilities were never really dealt with. With the Legion out of the immediate threat, even we the Army of the Light are...listless.'' Ikaallu looks down at her warhammer with a slight grimace as if it stares back with a life of its own.

''If not the Banshee Queen, then the Worgen Greymane - some kind of vendetta against the Horde. Or another. It matters not who really. Even if I were somehow able to kill off the Banshee Queen, only another would step into her place. And then another. And another. It is the way the cycle of blood turns. The eredar and draenei know this better than most.''

Query: What would you do, if you had a twin who joined the Legion of their own free will, and you later met them on the battlefield. Of course you both remember each other and they blame you for that choice.
09/08/2018 13:37Posted by Ikaallu
What would you do, if you had a twin who joined the Legion of their own free will, and you later met them on the battlefield. Of course you both remember each other and they blame you for that choice.

I was born an only child, but the answer should be clear as day to anyone. You see - in such an event, I would have no brother. Instead I would be facing yet another Legion lackey, good only for nourishing the ground with their blood and bones.

Question: Have you ever had cause to doubt your loyalty to your faction or order?
Never. Nae even in t' darkest times, nae even when t' forge were in peril an' t' Orcs were rampaging through ol' Khaz Modan. Why, fer all t' fun they get poked at them, ah'll never doubt a Gnomes courage. T' ones ah served wi' had more courage in their wee fingers than most Humans 'ave in their whole bodies.

Ye try settin' up explosives in t' midst o' a raging battle. Whilst bein' all o' two feet tall. Nae easy. An' it's nae like we Dwarves much care what we hit when angry.

But nae, never had cause t' doubt. Just like now, ah always knew we'd come out on top an' make t' bastards pay wi' blood fer every inch o' land they took an' every life they ended.

Question: if given the option, this very second, would you change sides and fight against your leader? Why? Why not?
Yes.
While I have a great place among the Ebon Blade I do not agree with the direction the Leadership is going so to speak. it serves me better to work within their ranks for the time being, but I will not hesitate to leave their ranks to fight against them when the time comes.

Question:
How do you prepare yourself for a night out of fun?
What do you consider fun?
"First, I report to the clerics, who douse me in holy water, I then read the favourite passage of my libram; a tome of retribution. Once this is done, I take my place in the service, knelt before the altar.
I actively enjoy my faith."

Question: What is the greatest thing you have ever lost?
Answer: Myself.

Question: Do ye ever find yeself doubtin' yer convictions, beliefs an' choices?
Trakkha takes a seat and rests her spear's butt against the ground, she keeps her grip tightly around of it as she speaks

"yes. yes I do. When the horde moved north for war, I was one of the first to answer it's calls.. but"
She looks down for a moment

"my gut screamed at me to go south so i did. I've been out of conflict with the alliance for months, Working for the talking diamond"
She then pulls out a small horde insignia

"When i returned briefly, I learned of Teldrassil and Undercity.. I started to doubt the horde there, Doubting my pride and beliefs in the horde"
She shakes her head again

"hopefully it'll go away"

Question: Have you ever put aside any loyality for the greater good? Whatever the greater good may be?
Louisa closes her eyes and takes a single deep breath.

"Yeah, I have. There are multiple occasions but one in particular comes t' mind.

Two individuals held in house arrest escaped the city and I was the one t' give chase. All the way down t' Westfall I ran after them. Finally caught up in Moonbrook, found the two holed up in a building. I was t' bring them back under arrest, those were my instructions, but..."

She sighs through her nose.

"I had no idea what they'd done, no one had told me a damn thing. I couldn't do it. There I was, enforcer o' the law, unable to do her damn job in hostile territory holding two people who might've done nothing wrong as far as I knew at gunpoint. And I've spent some time in Westfall, those two wouldn't have lasted a week. Gave them my knife, wished them well and headed back t' Stormwind. Told my superiors I couldn't find them."

Q: Is there anything in your life that you once considered luxury but now take for granted, or vice versa?
If I was the Lich Queen I would attack and kill a small squad of the horde, then raise them and use them to attack a small alliance camp. Raise the alliance soldiers and repeat with a horde camp until hopefully one side would fall for it and attack the other in retaliation.

If they won't fall for it I would try to poison their water and food and use siege engines to throw rotting, disease infected corpses right into their camps and towns.

Or perhaps call several frostwyrm dragons to sink / destroy their ships from the main land, cutting off their supplies.

And send in trained assassins and shades to murder their healers and leaders. And if they are stupid enough to bury their leaders I would jave my nerubs dig them up and raise them to get insights on their plans.

Oh, and place my agents on both sides, disguised either as "Deathknights" or "Forsaken". If one of these managed to gain the trust of a faction they could hoepfully hinder their war efforts.

Also, aerial guerilla attacks on their camp to wear them out. And the nerubs should be digging tunnels beneath the surface of their camps and towns. Just close enough for the soldiers to hear the digging noises and sleep with that sweet dream of an undead army marching beneath their feet to attack any moment...

Hmm, might as well do all of these things and see how it works out.

Question:
Who were your parents and how did they meet each other?
My father was Thalorven Dawnbreaker, an ambitious battlemage in service of Quel'thalas whose magic and fire is outshone only by his hatred of Amani. He joined the army at a young age and always seeked to improve himself - be it his magic or his sword techniques. Through great effort and dedication, he eventually rose in the ranks and took his place amongst other High Battlemages.

Aerlynna Silverheart was my mother, a priestess and a compassionate soul. She was a kind and loving mother, and the fact that she put up with me when I was a little child says a lot about her patience as well.

Thalorven was a young battlemage when he first saw Aerlynna. He was tasked with recruiting new healers for their next skirmish on Amani settlements, so he went to one of the sanctums of the priest order. It was there when he met her. Normally quite the outgoing person, he was smitten with her graceful looks, calming voice and peaceful smile, thus could hardly put two words together. Much to Thalorven's joy, High Priest decided to send Aerlynna with other priests and priestesses as well. After the skirmish ended and everyone was resting at the lodge, Thalorven gathered his courage and told her that he'd like to know her better and asked if she wanted to spend some time later. Turns out Aerlynna was also interested, and things took from there.

Question:

(Continuing on the same theme of family) Do you have any siblings? If so, what kind of people are they? What do you like the most and the least about them?
"Well, I'm a twin actually. An identical twin; I'm Salarya, she is Lanarya. Our mother named us both, for the greatest woman she had ever known. Herself, Aryalessa.

Like I, she was raised to be a ranger; but she never quite hit marks as effectively as I do, beasts never took to her quite as quickly, and she never quite got as much attention from boys. I think it's a personality thing? Poor shy girl.

Now, what I like most; well. She's the nicest woman I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Towards I, and others. But for what I dislike... well, in that niceness, she is no proud hawk nor phoenix! But instead, something of a door-mat."

Question:
What is your earliest, meaningful memory?