Let's make it an interview #3

"The whole continent? Well, I grieve for Kalimdor, but at least the bulk of the Horde went with it. I recommend we begin work on a portal back to the alternate Draenor. Parachronic travel is always difficult without establishing a prior link, something we previously only had thanks to the modified Dark Portal using a fragment of the Vision of Time, but I believe we can set something up.

“Then it’s a matter of transportation. Assuming most of our people survived - we’ve gotten used to being ready to pack up and leave at a moment’s notice - we have to deal with the logistical nightmare of moving everyone through. Most of Draenor was uninhabited, with only two major bastions of civilization and a series of small Draenei villages sprinkled across the continent - arguably, the Arakkoa count as ‘civilized,’ but their cities fell - so there should be no concern of overpopulation when we join our cousins across the timelines. Then we can begin rebuilding. One day Draenor will be our world in truth, not just in name.”

Question: What motivates you to do what you do?

“I felt what it was like for the Void to have control over you, the whispers being commands you could not ignore, your mind your own, but unable to think or act against what you’re doing.
It is not something I’d like to have happen to me again.”

She shrug weakly before turning her attention to her nails.

“The other things I do is simply to keep boredom at bay.”

Question:
Please explain your dream vacation in as much detail as possible.

“Treading stars aloft in vain, its vast expanse long cleft in twain. So it stands on cloven clay; the urging call to brighter day, old wounds washed in raging sea, souls locked away by blackened key. Where one may cross this path to tread, another’s choice; to live in dread or join the dead.”

Question:

Which races beside your own would you take with you to found a third faction on a newly charted, uninhabited land and why?

This is actually pretty easy
The Sin’Dorei, the Quel’Dorei remnants and truth to be told, the Kaldorei, the Fal’dorei and even the Ren’Dorei and the San’layn… and the Naga

An Elven faction would be loical this point, and as important as leaving behind old and stupid hatereds among the Elven kind. Yes the nature lovers are hard… but if we learn anything from the Arcan’dor event, that is, we CAN and SHOULD work together, nature and magic! As for the Fal’Dorei, they are lost victims, cursed but intelligent and with time could be rehabilitaed I’m sure
The Ren’Dorei are like the Fal’Dorei, except they have tentacles and whispers, not spider like bodies… but they are Elves their dedication and knowledge are great.
San’ayn… well… they are vampires, big deal, the Worgen were/are orginally Werewolf-elves
The Naga… lets face it, they are long lost brothers and sisters, and not worse than any other race, they have culture, might and dedication to their leader to the deat. They are at the moment enemies, but if Azshara wasn’t THAT bad when she ruled the Empire. With the Naga, the Elven faction could rule the seas too, not just the land
Suramar is a big city
We could live together
I would choose them any time over some Orc, Goblin or shambling corpse… or nasty Trolls

Question: N’Zoth and the Black Empire is back, the Old One is free and gathering its forces, from all over Azeroth, Faceless Ones and all other nasties flocking under its banner… except thousands of years passed and things… changed. The Aqir evolved… built empires.
The Twin Emperors of the Qiraji of Ahn’Qiraj, the Queen Mother of the Nerubians of Azjol’Nerub and the Empress of the Mantid of Manti’vess are not that eager to serve under the brutal N’raqi and their Old God Master. They built empires, and developed their own culture that nor really revolved around some imprisoned monster.
You are the “lucky” one who was choosen by them to present their ambassadors to the Warchief/High King (or queen…) , they want the Alliance/Horde help to keep their freedom and empire… and their world, because Azeroth is as much as their home as yours.
What would you do and how why ? Help them? Kill the ambassadors? etc:

"Wow, that’s a big one. And honestly a HUGE opportunity! Obviously there’s some suspicion here, I’m not trusting them right off the bat, but I get where they’re coming from. As a Void Elf, I know what it’s like to have monsters of the Void trying to control you, and refusing to submit. So I guess the first thing I’d do is background check, and by that I mean snoop around until I feel confident I can trust them.

"Second thing: Start negotiations. The Qiraji have some practices the Alliance probably won’t approve of (and neither do I) so maybe we can work something out where that doesn’t happen as much. Probably the same for the Nerubians and Mantid, I’m just not as aware of it. We’ll work out a compromise. But their help would be invaluable, especially against their former master, and if we can use that to build a rapport, set a good tone for future relations as an ally, then so much the better.

“There’s a future in this. Wisdom of the Ren’dorei: Act with caution, but act. We cannot let an opportunity to gain an ally this valuable just slip away, especially if we can be a good influence on them to rein in some of their worse practices.”

(“Incidentally, I love the idea of Elves coming together like that. Maybe not so much the San’layn, I draw the line at vampires, but if we can rehabilitate the Satyrs, make peace with the Naga, and help the Fal’dorei regain their sanity, then we all have so much to learn from each other!”)

Question: What would you rather have from your enemies: Reconciliation or retribution? Why?

1 Like

"Reconciliation. Always. As for why? It’s rather simple; war and hatred are self perpetuating, within an endless cycle. For each foe slain, a son or daughter thirsting for retribution. Now, if you asked me this when I was younger, I’d answer, retribution, but I’ve lived a long time. I’ve fought a lot of wars, and I’ve seen my worst enemies become familiar, comforting faces.

I will now also correct you; when you say retribution, you mean vengeance, but vengeance is not always just. Repentance is always an open path, though admittedly some punishments must be final… but final retribution, that is not born in the heart’s of men. That is what we must do, by the will of the Light."

Question: Gee that got heavy. Got any old family recipes you could share around the work-place?

Did someone say recipes??!!
The light of joy on Martok’s face rivals Xera’s luminance!!
Martok’s got the best cake recipes! Martok willing to share with the pinkling if pinkling promise not to poke him when he visit Boralus to share the recipes!!

Question: Brown orcs, red orcs or green orcs? Please dont say dead orcs… you will make Martok sad ;-(

Dead Orcs
Or pale… white Orcs
*sigh
Okay, if I must choose… Brown
But lobotomized!

Question: A Soulbinder offered you the honor to become a Vigilant (Vigilants are armored mechanical constructs inhabited by the souls of the greatest warriors of the eredar. As they stand on the precipice of the afterlife, the greatest warriors of the draenei may be called upon for one final service: through the holiest of rituals, their souls are imbued into eternal vigilants that serve as defenders of their people)
Would you accept?

Nope!

Trust me, I know all about what you shouldn’t get your soul into~

Question: Through some bad deal, you have become forced to choose between 4 options. Which one do you choose, and why?
Option A) Facing down 10 tauren warriors while clad in a bright red outfit on an open plain.
Option B) A sword fight with a 12ft tall six-armed Shivarra demoness, where each of you could bring as many swords as you could carry.
Option C) Spending your summer vacation as a janitor with the Necromancers of Scholomance, having to clean up after them and do other miscellaneous duties.
Option D) Invite Zymara into to your house for a whole weekend.

1 Like

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. :heart:

(Skip me, duh ^^)

“As much as option D sounds interesting… Option A it is , sounds like every day for to be honest.”

Sighs as she unleashes Fire Mage burst on the tauren.

Question You must choose one of the following events in the future.

A) Sylvanas is returned to Life by Eonar as it turns out she is the ultimate savor of the world from the Void. After that she resurects Nathannos and they have Half Elf babies as any self respecting Windrunner have.

B) Elune redeems Naga and Azshara , returning them to their Kaldorei forms and once again making her ruler of all elves. Our old-new Queen then summons Illidan and makes Tyrande date him.

2 Likes

B
It is even a question?
I would rather learn drudism and start praying to Elune than live in a world, where that homicidal corpse is a savior!

Question: Oculeth and Valtrois found a way to stabilize a portal to Alternate Draenor once more for a short time and offered you their help to recruit one Race for your faction (Alliance too!) .
Wich one would it be and why?
A, Ogre?
B, Arakoa?
C, Saberon?
D, Botani?

From what I understand there have been reported sightings of Saberons and Botani in the Barrens, nothing huge yet, but I can imagine it being an issue if they aren’t kept in check, and there are plenty of ogres already on Azeroth, they are quite the pests aren’t they…"
You haven’t quite done your research have you miss interviewer."
Belaria tuts a bit before looking at her nails.
“I guess Arakkoa would be for the best, both kind… flying and grounded that is.”

Question:
What makes you get out of bed?

“When I hear their husband coming home! Hahaaaaa!” Taven gives a little grin, doing some finger guns in the direction of the interviewer, continuing to keep his teeth showing for an awkward amount of time before realising his joke has probably fallen flat.

“… I’ll go get my coat.”

Question: Love Is In The Air is on the way! Do you possess any particularly noteworthy memories of this holiday? :thinking:

Marinya simply gets a particularly haunted look at the question, her breath hitching as she averts her gaze.

Question:

What informs your political views?

"Long experience on both sides, conversations with people affected by the various decisions and policies made, a sense of compassion for people of all races, the hard realism of a war veteran used to doing awful things for a greater cause, and of course some snooping.

"I’ve seen a lot of things most people on Azeroth never do. I fought in most of the major wars, saw nobility and atrocity on display, and learned how different people on different sides deal with them. I watched world leaders make huge decisions, saw their faces and how they processed the weight of what they did. I helped depose tyrants and slay monsters, sometimes both at once. And then… I went back to Quel’thalas and walked the streets. Talked to people in the city and the country, learned what they knew, what they thought and what they felt.

“I’ve been keeping my ear to the ground for a long time. It’s painful and exhausting - almost as much as my actual job - and some of it makes the whispers of the Void sound reasonable by comparison, but it’s been a valuable experience. And what have I learned after all of that? Well, for starters, that change is usually slow, but sometimes it sweeps through the world too fast to track. That people usually have reasons for believing what they do, but a lot of them aren’t very good reasons. And that violence should be a last resort, but it’s one we’re pushed into depressingly often, like this current war and the monster that caused it.”

Question: Outside the factions and their constituents, what group - be it a race, a nation, an order, anything - do you like the most? Why?

1 Like

Goblins.

Nothing is better than when the boss has a propensity to blow up and scatter their gold and valuables everywhere for you to simply pick up.

Question: If someone had to kill you, which of the posters on this forum would you prefer it to be? And also, which of the posters would you want to be killed by the least, and why?

Serrathil then vanishes in a poof of smoke!

“None of y’all specialize in killing their charge with kindness, do ya? Suppose I should kinda cut the numbers down. No Death Knights, no warlocks. Wouldn’t want to end up a ghoul or stuck inside a gem after death. That leaves, ah, a lot. Damn.”

Rorick pauses for a momet, seemingly lost in thought.

“Wasn’t there a chef around these parts? Pandaren, big bellied. Cheerful lad. That one can’t be too bad. Could be he just cooks up a meal so big my stomach bursts open.”

Rorick sighs.

“Wait. That sounds painful. Damn it all, I’m sure one of the many knights 'round these parts could give me a clean death.”

Question: What life did you dream of having as a child? Is your current life the life you dreamed about? How do you feel about that?

I had a dream… to be a respected noble of Suramar and a powerful Arcanist
Well…
Dreams DO come true :wine_glass:

Question: You managed to steal… err… borrow the famous Hourglass of Time from the Bronze Aspect and now you have a chance to change one thing in the history of a planet (Azeroth, Draenor, Argus, K’aresh, Nathreza, etc… your choice)
Wich planet would that be and what would you change?

1 Like

“Azeroth. I’d… make sure that Vrykul killed off all their weakened children and the humanity had never been born. Think of it - such a simple move would save us so many wars. So many conflicts. So many deaths. The current war wouldn’t even trouble us.”

Question: If you could resurrect anyone without any sort of side effects or a price paid for it, who would you choose?

1 Like