Let's make it an interview #3

steps up from crowd, bit shy.

To serve the Light blindly is foolish, I by all means would be interested to learn what is opposite of Light. What resides in every one of us. Shadow is interesting and balancing out the fanatic nature of Light’s justice.

From who? Certainly havent seen many confident and open minded Shadow users out there, so the options remain vacant.

As for my question - Should you fall in battle or sickness, where would you wish to be burried?!

Oooh, tricky one.

The Sun Hawks always refer to ‘Filling the bucket’ or ‘Crashing into the Glass Mountain’ The first being a reference to death in battle, the latter being a complete mental breakdown and insanity.

‘Filling the bucket’ because as the running bitter joke goes “When you die seven hundred feet up in the air, they don’t need a shovel to lay you to rest with, they need a bucket and a mop”
He is under no sweet delusions, one day, age will catch up with him, his reactions will slow, and some enemy flier will just plain get the drop on him. His number will be up, and he will die screaming and burning as he falls from the Skies, a Kill Tally on someone’s saddle or flying machine their only epitaph, as a new Ace takes the scene… All the Sun Hawks know that is how they will die, which is why they tend to be such flamboyant people when on Leave. No state funeral for them, with pomp and ceremony, just a blazing comet and an impact crater that looks like it was smeared with jam.

In the unlikely event he dies peaceably, and not in combat, then that is a really good question. There is a certain spot, where during the Scourge Invasion, he crashlanded, Sunspear the First being grievously wounded. Brigante did the deed. He stabbed the dying Sunspear in the neck with a dagger, to get that last minute spike of adrenaline that made the Dragonhawk flicker open its eyes, and carry him just another short distance ahead of the Scourge route of march, just enough that he could hide and feign death. He will never forget the location Sunspear the First carried him to, with his dying breath, every year he goes and makes a small cairn, adding a stone. upon each one simply written in Thalassian “This place holds our bones together”

That is where he would want to be buried.

Can’t remember if I have asked this one before, but If I have it was ages ago.

You are High King/Warchief. You have it in your power to pull off an astounding example of diplomacy, you can wash away all sins, have all forgiven, and a race of the opposing Faction would swap sides, and join your own, with no acrimony from them, or from your current factionmates.

Which race, and Why?

Question: As High King/High Queen/Warchief, you get one race from the other side to join yours, no strings attached. Which one?

"My own. I know there’s a lot to consider there - the context, potential gain, integration, and so on - but even as my loyalties are to the Alliance now, I’ll always love my homeland of Quel’thalas, and its children are always my people, no matter what colors they wear. To not have to fight them is a burden off my chest. Plus, they are a pretty potent force, and traditionally a member of the Alliance, if sometimes a distant one. It also gives a diplomatic path to the Nightborne, since the bridge with the Kaldorei seems to have burned.

“After that, it’s time to get to work on the business of being High Queen. Step one, reassure the various Light-worshipping faiths that the Void Elf queen is not out to get them…”

Question: What do you do when there isn’t a war on? I know those days seem few and fleeting, but it’s usually at least a few months between winning one war and mustering for the next. Do you have a job? A life outside of battle?

“I usually spend my time partying down at the Lion’s Pride Inn. Ale, Music, Ale, Friends, Women, Ale what’s not to like?”

Question: I teleported bread What is your opinion on half breeds? Do you feel they are disgusting/taboo or perfectly natural?

“What, like the offspring of a Dark Iron mother and a ln Ironforge father? They might raise a few eyebrows somewhere but I couldn’t care less. I’ll judge a man’s worth by their deeds, not by who put them on Azeroth.”

The interviewer explains that he was referring to, for example, the offspring of an Elf and human. His explanation is initially met with silence and a puzzled look.

" Those exist? Really? Eh, how? I’ve never met one. Is that even possible…? I don’t know. I’d never considered the possibility. I mean, you hear tales every now and then but I’d always assumed those to be fiction. Tall tales that drunken sailors make up of their travels."

Question: What does a good night out look like to you?

That’s a question that is dangerously similar to both Brigante, and myself.

You go out in your old stamping grounds, safe in the knowledge that you have a ‘free pass’ from the other half to go have fun (Barring any infidelity of course), that you don’t have work in the morning. Out to somewhere where the alcohol flows freely, the music is good, and the company amusing/winsome.

Brigante (and me) really are that simple. “Wine, women and song” Oh, and Drunk Chess. Drunk Chess is brilliant. Preferably combining the others, This weekend I shall be having my third of four chess matches this year, against a beautiful woman, who is a dear friend, whilst both of us are drunk, in a tavern, and bards and troubadour’s play, around us. Drunk Chess isn’t the deep, thoughtful Kasparov type game, it is grabbing a piece and going “Ave it!” whilst being as aggressive as can be without knocking all the other pieces over.

The music also has to be about 20 years old, so that you can forget the soul-crushing fact that age has not only caught up with you, but has in fact overtaken you, and is flicking you the V’s out of the window.

So yeah, the Simple things really. Wine, women and song.

That is Brigante’s perfect night out.

Question: What is your characters favourite meal, how is it cooked, and -why- is it their favourite?

Roasted peanuts. Ja get some peanuts, o’ fiyah an’ ja roast dem. Real easy. I’n I like dem ‘cause dey be quick, can carry an’ it confuses people.

Everybody expects some sort o’ meat from some elf o’ sometin’, o’ some other tinkin’ ting. Dey forget dat stuff is fa religious an’ powah reasons, nah general eatin’. So it ‘as da added advantage o’ messin’ wi’ da lesser races 'ikkle 'eads.

Question: what do you do that throws people off, confuses them?

“Letters bent, their pieces parted, purpose rent apart, shapes laid bare in shards of wonder. Meaning spent, remade anew as words divide us, new molds casting greater wholes, angles scraped clean of past detritus.”

Question:

What is the worst state in which your health has ever been?

1 Like

“Ugh! That flu I just had almost got me! The shakes, the aches, the spewing nose, the red eyes; all of it, everything! Awful, just…” He stops his dramatics and winks at interviewer and opens his hands. “Kidding, obviously.”

Looking up, he strokes his beard as he recalls, “Uh, my brother and sister and I used to go around Dalaran, y’know when it was on the ground, and stay out around the mountains in the summer. I slipped after doing a bit of climbing and cut my leg pretty bad. While the healers did a great job on the wound, it got infected. The cleasing process was slow; I don’t remember a lot, but I do the remember the pain. It was just my leg, but my whole body was paralysed… Ugh.” Astrophel sighs off the memory before smiling once more.

Question:
Tell me what you think about me.
JK
Inspired from above, what does a nice, chilled, quiet evening sound like to you?

“Sitting on the beaches of Feralas as the sun sets and the white lady rises. My eyes closed, legs crossed and reaching into the Emerald Dream to see the beauty my home should have been. Listening to the spirits going about their tasks and hoping that, in my own small way, I have helped that day.”

Have you ever thought about how much we have already lost? Not just in lives and land, but the knowledge lost with it?

Every day.

Question:
If you could get control of the ramains of the scourge or the legion.
What would you do with it?

“Direct the entire bloody lot to walk down a cliff, into a volcano or into the middle of the ocean. They are more trouble than the power that comes with them is worth. The Titan Sargeras supposedly didn’t start off as bad as we know him and his is not a fate that appeals to me. I’m sure some would be tempted to take up either mantle but not me. I like my life comprehensible and uncomplicated.”

Question: What have you learned about yourself recently?

“Even 10,000 years after the War of the Ancients and that being in the Alliance has shown me, I still cannot bring myself to trust mages or the descendants of the Highborne.”

Question:
Do you believe that Anduin is a strong leader of the Alliance or do you feel they would have been better off appointing a more experienced leader?

Question: Do you believe that Anduin is a strong leader of the Alliance or do you feel they would have been better off appointing a more experienced leader?

"That’s not really an either-or question. Also, hi, Highborne descendant here. Don’t worry, I’m used to it. Anyway, I like the kid, he’s got a good head on his shoulders, and he genuinely means well. We could do a lot worse for leaders. But… we could also do better.

“Don’t get me wrong, I think the human king is a good one. He reaches out to people, including my own people, who most would’ve rejected out of hand. That’s a valuable trait in a leader. But I think marrying that compassion with a more experienced, decisive hand would make for a much stronger candidate. To lead the whole Alliance, we need the best possible choice, not just a good one. But ask me again in a decade or so, we’ll see where he goes.”

Question: Let’s flip it around. Who is the best suited among the current Horde leaders to take up the mantle of Warchief?

Stares at Talrea in Samuel L Jackson, raises hands above his head for a few seconds before slaping one on the chest.

Dark times are coming, only one has been tested like the Grand Empr-queen has, when the world breaks and illusions fall to dust one by one, only she had-s the conviction to lead the remnants to victory and salvation of all of creation as we know it.

Now for a purely hypothetical question, if the mother of all old ones turned out to be your mother and the titans your older siblings trying desperately to keep her asleep while clouding to you the truth.
When she awakens and engages in a euphoric path of destruction of her dreams turned into our reality will you fight for her or the titans?

"Whether or not I agree with her actions, Sylvanas is the best suited amongst the current leaders to the mantle of Warchief. However I do not think that is what you truly meant with your question, is it?

If it should come to that, then there is only one remaining leader who could be entrusted with the mantle while maintaining a chance to repair the growing rift within the Horde whether he is the most suitable or not. That is Lor’themar. I say this not in some game to put more power in my peoples’ hands but because there simply is no other choice.

Baine and Varok would increase the chance of the Horde breaking apart. Jastor may have ‘earned’ his place within the Goblins but he is no leader. The Zandalari, the Nightborne, the Highmountain and the Mag’har are all still new to the Horde. Lor’themar is the only leader capable of both leading and repairing the divide within ourselves."

Question: Do you think the risk the Ren’dorei pose with their connection to the Void will go away if we kill N’Zoth?

Hey Cherwina… Brimfire i mean, sorry slip of the tongue there, no hard feelings.

What is dangerous about the void or shadow, are they inherently too dangerous power sources or is something sinister behind them, both probably.
What is the nature of someone in tune with the void in comparison to not being just that, will it be normal to consume babies if you delve too deeply?
defeating one powerful being probably wouldnt change that.

Now for a purely hypothetical question, if the mother of all old ones turned out to be your mother and the titans your older siblings trying desperately to keep her asleep while clouding to you the truth using shiny arcane power based on time among multiple prisons, destruction protocoles and mindless iron slaves fueled by your slain siblings souls.
Would you take on the mantle of an old one and relish in the destruction and reshaping of creation with mother or fight your creator along with her treacherous offspring.

I will probley fight her.
I mean i want to rule the universe not destroy it.

question:
Would you rather have baine or andiun as warchieft/high king.

Looks confusingly at the Draenei before turning her attention back to the Human

“Hmm, both are somewhat inexperienced but seek peace and cooperation, something we definitely need more of lately. I would be glad to have either, especially given my interactions with the Tauren over the millenia.”

Question:
If Azeroth was to have an alternative timeline like Draenor does, what would you hope your alternate self was doing differently?

“That she would stay a mage and evacuate instead of trying to help the wounded, back during the invasion”

Question:
Ever felt so disgusted by something or someone your curiousity took over, that you just had to see where this went, even if you knew it’d end bad?