Let's make it an interview #3

"What to do with the Forsaken? I wouldn’t advocate the annihilation of a people but I’ll admit that the existance of the Forsaken doesn’t sit well with me. Their way of reproducing, by defiling other peoples’ dead, is vile. Were it up to me I would allow the Forsaken that exist now to live out their unlife. I would place them under a very secure watch though and I would have their means of reproduction, the Val’kyr, taken away from them.

Call it a last chance for the Forsaken. If any mindless undead find their mind they can join up with them but if the Forsaken show signs of getting back to their usual ways we will root them out with extreme prejudice."

Question: How do you feel about aging? Are you doing anything to prepare for growing old?

1 Like

“Erhm… I’m a fel-freak of an elf, I’ll most likely not even reach that far, but if i managed to live til i’m old? uh… give me a few hundred or thousand years to figure that out”

Question: When the war between the horde and alliance is over, Will you keep pushing towards another faction? Incite towards war? Mend old wounds? perhaps contact friends on the other side"

"Of all that I know in this world, there will be no peace. Lulls in fighting, shifting alliances of convenience and more besides is sure to lead to conflict no matter the aspirations of some for lasting peace. The factions we so treasure and identify with are fragile constructs as the Horde proves time and again, and coopertion out of convenience can easily become more stable than the current political alignments if conditions change dramatically enough.

Consider also certain demographic tendencies with both orcs and goblins reproducing with incredible enthusiasm, partly for replacement value due to immense losses to war and careless sciences. A more stable Horde at peacetime would surely have incentives to consider their numbers and be more pragmatic but it does not change that Durotar and Azshara are rapidly depleting regions with little viable living space. Expansion into kaldorei territory is certain for sustainability and something that the locals will oppose to their dying breaths.

Personally, I can do little to change trends, politics and cultures. I observe, I record and analyze. What suggestions I could extrapolate from this information does not translate into realistic political agendas unless both factions can be entirely objective and dispassionate in wanting a long term end to the fighting.

Now, where were we? Oh, the assumption that the war will end! Well, in this quaint hypothetical I would happily travel unfettered and study whom I may with impunity so as to better understand how to sustain the peace. Learning of internal politics, cultural friction, economic stability and directed zeal does much to help one predict where cracks may form and with sufficiently advanced information, the future becomes wholly predictable. For the most part.

I mean, who could have predicted that the orcs in their disparate clans with wholly different outlooks, cultures and desires would ever unite under one banner and… well, nevermind. The point is still that peace is sustained by knowledge of what might threaten it. A population boom borne of the optimism of peace in a region of scant resources predictably leads to scarcity by the time the population reaches adulthood and thus quarrels begin anew as disenfranchisement, poverty and tensions grow while resources dwindle.

Study, observe, reflect and act. Preventative measures built upon accurate observation will be the path to a stable tomorrow!"

Question:

We often ask ourselves what could have been but looking to the future, what do you strive for in the long term? Personally or in some wider sense?

1 Like

(OOC: very well done, Ashaana! I almost felt like I was reading a real-life analysis of Earth’s depleting resources. Focusing that analysis on a fictitious world takes a bit of the sting out of it.)

"Personally? I don’t even know anymore. I went AWOL from Orgrimmar to join Saurfang’s rebellion, so my status in the Horde army no longer be clear. I just do what I can to help my family first, and the world around me second.

“I can’t do much, I guess, but leaving the army - for the second time now - freed me up to be a little more effective. I can choose where I go, like in Uldum right now; that let’s me decide where I can actually make a difference for Azeroth. Fighting is all I know how to do…I can’t even be of much help to my family on our farm back in Dustwallow, so I plan on traveling and squashing bad folks into mush wherever I can.”

Question:

What was your darkest hour?

Roessler smiles uncomfortably.

“I fought in the Second War. I was young, dumb and eager to cover myself in glory when the Orcs invaded again. I jumped at the first chance to join up with the Alliance of Lordaeron. I was born in Alterac so if you know your recent history you probably know where this story is going. ‘King’ Perenolde betrayed humanity in an attempt to save his own skin.”

Roessler grimaces.

“Have you ever had to choose between your people and your homeland? Between family and doing the right thing? I chose the Alliance and lost a wife and a son when the might of the Alliance came crashing down upon Lordaeron.”

Question: What do you hope to achieve within the year?

1 Like

Question: What do you hope to achieve within the year?

“Kill N’zoth,” Talraea answers simply, as if it were as normal as ‘finish writing my book.’ “I may not actually be in the battle, but if I contribute meaningfully to the campaign, I’ll be happy. Of course, there’s not that much left of the year, so it could be we won’t get that chance, but you never know.”

Question: What do you usually do in the lull between wars and crises?

1 Like

A: Bake cakes and spend quality time with innkeeper Gryshka :slight_smile:

Q: Pandaren Honeydew cake or Kalimdor Elvish Nectar cake? What should Martok bake for you?!

1 Like

‘‘A Kalimdor Elvish Nectar cake would be nice.’’

‘‘What do you think will happen when you die and enter the Emerald Dream?’’

1 Like

"I will be very confused, denied the Light’s embrace and misplaced to this strange other dimension for what strange reason there might be. Did the green dragons mark me for some purpose? Have I inadvertedly bonded with this realm by handling a magical stone?

I hear it is much like the Azeroth we know, but untouched by mortal artifice in a global wilderness. Whatever the reason, I live on and am now in a new realm to explore and learn from. Another journey, another world with new horizons."

Question:

A classic but a telling piece of information. What is your ideal mate?

1 Like

“I be one of the lucky ones. I met my ideal mate when we were both kids, and we’ve been together ever since. She knows me, and I know her. We can’t hide anything from each other, but I know she be the one cause we don’t need to hide anything. Simple, honest, and real.”

Question
What was your finest hour?

“Mate, I’m over nine hundred. One day is twenty-four hours. A year is over three hundred days. Now, bloody count that and try picking one single hour from all of it. Good luck. I’ll wait another century or so for you to work that out.”

“But if I really had to pick one time I felt I was really having it, and note, there might probably be another better one or equally as good ones that I can’t think of right now… well, I’ll go with getting a jump on a nathrezim when we were invading Nathreza. Took his head clean off, I even kept the skull as a drinking mug for a while. Was a damn good kill, if I may say so myself.”

Question: Have you ever gotten spooked, scared or otherwise mentally stunned by something you normally wouldn’t fall for while in public?

1 Like

Smirked “I just got stunned by a one lightforged draenei having an nice interview with me. Sure… I might had been little scared of her presence, thought she might smite me… because of what a filthy warlock dog I am. But all went smoothly to the end, even got to be examined by her, AND NOT IN A WAY SOME PERVERTS MIGHT THINK RIGHT NOW.”

Question: If you found out you only had next 24h only to life, what would you do?

1 Like

Martok laughs…
“Martok was kicked out of the Shadowlands for breaking too many things and making even the dead people fat on cake!. Me quite sure he will be kicked out again if he tries going back there!”

Question: Who will you boink in the shadowlands… yes Martok means the naughty kind of boink :smiley:

1 Like

Fitting guild name. Consider a visit.

Frowns “Alright, it looks like you will head to the maw after I’m done with you.” Raises both runeblades of his.

Question: “How would you handle this perverted and puny orc?” Points at Martok

“Martok? He be the greatest baker on Kalimdor. I’d handle him by melting down your gear once I be done handling you, and molding it into cutlery for him to bake with. He deserves the best!”

Question:
If you were to die and enter the Shadowlands - even temporarily - who from your past would you expect to be waiting to see you? A loved one? Someone you’d left behind?

2 Likes

"Would love to go romantic and say: my friends, and all the usual stuff…
But…
Been there, done that… and nothing on Da Other Side, my Troll friend, just a grim mirror of the Living world, it is gloomy; colors are muted, light is dimmed, the air is chill and life is generally dark and gray. dark clouds and mist, that hides the souls… faint moans. Shadows that used to torment us. Forget the “traditional” directions of the World of the Living, I suspect, the “Shadowlands” are just the outskrit of something disturbingly greater, I think it is the part of the Underworld closest to that lands of the living, a mirror “skin” of reality, with every location in the breathing realm having a corresponding location in the Shadowlands which, for the most part, obey conventional rules of distance.
But deeper?
Behind the mist, the swirling darkness?
I don’t know, never dared to wander “deeper” farther away from the Living world.
But from the corner of my eyes… sometimes, not always, just… sometimes… I see someone
Never actually catch her face, and when I turn to her, she is gone
But I’m sure, it is her
My sister
And it kills me a little inside every time

Question: If I would offer you a chance to become a Death Knight… would you accept my offer?

1 Like

“Hell no, you vile being!”

Question: What is your greatest hero?

1 Like

Question from Spellagosa : There are many to choose from … but i have to pick Varian wrynn :grinning:

Question: What are your funny moments, that has happened to you in World of warcraft ?

1 Like

Rush grins wide, immediately appearing amused by the question. “My funniest moment? There be a lot, but I can share one with you.” He shifts in his seat and sits up a little straighter than usual.

“Right after the Horde welcomed in the Send-a-Rays, or belves as some people call them, I was at this base in Zangarmarsh that had a detachment of belf swordsmen to help us clear out the Darkcrest naga. There was this one Send-a-Ray from this town called Train-Killin back on Azeroth. He was the first person to teach me how to use two-handed swords, real gentleman of a guy. Things were always kind of weird around the base though, kind of like when the Forsaken joined. The Send-a-Rays had a different culture from most of us; most of them were like a hundred years old, so they were more conservative. Most of them wouldn’t laugh at fart jokes or use bad words, and they didn’t open up about personal topics as easily.”

Squeezing a lemon out into his cup, Rush stirs the imported Thalassian tea and then eats the remainder of the lemon, skin and all. He doesn’t even wince or react to the bitter citrus acid. “But that one guy, what’s-his-name, he was cool. When he was training me in two handers, I mentioned how much I hate the Amani tribe, and he was real chummy and less formal after that. One night, things were quite in the camp; the belves were eatin dinner in their own tent, and everybody else was in the great hall. Then this guy, he tells me he has an idea and leads me to the pig sty. We let one of the pigs out and then he gets this canister of petroleum jelly, and I was all like ‘whoa dude, I not be into that,’ but then he greases the pig and slaps it so it runs into the middle of camp. Everybody comes out of their places to see what all the noise be about, and they see me and this Send-a-Ray with this greased pig screaming bloody murder. And then, I swear if I be lyin then I be dyin, the swordsman - this bajillion year old elf who acted all stuffy and never smiled or anything - takes his boots off and starts chasin the pig through the mud.

“Every other Send-a-Ray in the place stood slack jawed. Even the orcs all gasped, watchin this dude old enough to remember Azeroth’s last ice age, this belf who drank soup with spoons and stuff, barefoot and chasin a greased pig. So I took my greaves off and started chasin the pig too cause I didn’t want him to be singled out as weird by himself. As soon as I join in, a few of the orcs start chasin the pig too, and then a few of my people. And - again, I swear - this little blood mage with a neck thinner than my ankle takes her shoes off and starts chasin the pig too. By the end of the night, everybody except the ranked officers was covered in mud tryin to catch this cryin pig. There was no yellow or blue or green - we were just Horde at that moment.

“That swordsman died when we invaded the Black Temple, by the way. We roasted the same pig in his honor. Sad to lose him, but he taught me a lot, about fightin and even havin fun.”

Question: where are your parents now? If they knew where in Azeroth you are, and what you’re doing, would they be proud?

2 Likes