LF a female toon for 90% co-op PvE & 10% clean strictly IC romance

LF a healer to heal me so good in dungeons. I don’t want any roleplay, none whatsoever. In fact don’t even speak. Action speak louder than words after all, and the only actions I want to see is HEALING. If you act in character at me I will hack Blizzard and ban your account, I just need you to heal me forever. Don’t make it weird, it’s just two people having a mutually beneficial healing experience on the precipice of danger. There’s nothing more natural than that. You have to bring your own ‘equipment’, it will not be provided. Doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like.

18+ only for legal and moral reasons.

spams shadowmend

2 Likes

There is a difference between “irrelevant” and “negative, trolling, etc.”

I knew that my OP would attract trolls, and yes, trolling is “irrelevant,” but that that’s not the kind of irrelevance that I avoided by the detailed OP; the kind of irrelevance that I avoided was “irrelevance of interest,” or irrelevant/incompatible interest. Trolling, on the other hand, is simply unavoidable. I hope that you understand exactly what I mean now.

I just wanna let you know that I didn’t read anything more than a few phrases in all the posts that I remember from you, because it quickly looked like copied and pasted jibberish or trolling. I mean, you can keep doing it, of course; it’s a free world, but just in case you thought I was reading, no, I wasn’t and am not.

Perhaps, but if you spend hours discussing it then it’s not irrelevant, it’s allocating energies in a bad way.

Have you considered the Aldru+ subscription though?

I for one just think it’s tragic that the original post is going to be lost in this poopstorm. Think of all of those alluring & single ladies out there missing out on such a catch! :rofl:

7 Likes

Agreed. That’s good advice, and I thank you for it. It’s sometimes hard to control oneself, though, when it comes to feeding the troll some of its own medicine, or try to embarrass it and expose its stupidity, illiteracy, or sick cynicism, even if it’s often futile to hope that a troll would be embarrassed of itself or its behavior. I will eventually stop feeding them for sure, though, and again I agree with your advice.

That’s one way of looking at it. It can also alienate some of the ladies without a lot of self-confidence, make them feel like this is “too weird” by looking at the amount of trolling against it. The upside, though, is that it makes the thread more popular, and maybe someone compatible will eventually notice it. And as the (social) marketing and advertising saying goes, all publicity is good publicity, especially in today’s world where the line between right and wrong has become so blurry, and almost no one can have bad publicity because there’s always a circle of people who are interested in even the worst phenomena. And if that works for convicts, drug addicts, and people accused of harassment, it can work for my humble OP.

1 Like

I love that, amidst the wall of text, he admitted that his character is just own self-perception translated onto his night elf. If that doesn’t tell you that there’s a distinct, OOC investment in his roleplay relationships (and prospective in-character girlfriends), then I don’t know what does.

This is why I - and many others - typically reserve any kind of romantic themes in roleplay for friends / close acquaintances. Of course, we all have aspects of our personality that feed through into RP; some of my sense of humour tends to come up with my characters. AKA they can be dry / sardonic.

But what I do want to see is someone who’s divorced themselves from the success / failure of their character, particularly in any kind of romantic or interpersonal sphere. If their character is just them, but reskinned into an elf, or a mage, or whatever, then I’m going to end feeling like I’m unintentionally e-dating them.

13 Likes

There is humor in seeing the man on the high horse struggling with the smallest hurdles.

1 Like

It was very clear from the get go that this is a person that cannot distinguish between OOC and IC, and those are the worst kind of people to RP with…

2 Likes

This is why I only have my characters married to other characters I have and just multibox them.
Saves me the headache of mentalists.
And no ERP is a safe guarantee.

2 Likes

The biggest similarity between myself and my character is that we both like amazonian sentinel women :drooling_face:

Where my fellow simps at (looking at you Telaryn + Aerilen)

1 Like

Even if your claim is true, even if I have this so-called “OOC investment” in my roleplaying relationships, what will that even mean outwardly or openly for my roleplaying partner? Are you going to upgrade your subtle, general expression, “OOC investment,” next into “declarations of RL love,” for example? I already said that there’s always the damned block/ignore button for me if I do that. And maybe that’s exactly what some of the people, on this thread, who say that they “have been burnt before,” mean by what they say. And if that happens to anyone, I can only say that ignore or block that person and forget about them. It’s not the end of the world, dude/lady, if someone confesses their RL undying love for you after you’ve roleplayed with them for a while. This is actually how some “WoW couples” turned into RL couples eventually, and it just so happened that in their case, both of their social circumstances allowed for a happy ending. That’s literally the main difference between what happened with those couples and what happened to some of the people who were “burnt” by awkward confessions of RL love, for example, based on a few scenes of romantic RP.

So, yes, why would you even inflate the seriousness or negativity of an issue like someone confessing RL love after some RP? I don’t see the point. Literally, just ignore/block them, and forget about it. It ain’t the end of the world. If you allow someone like this to define your approach to RP ads thereafter, then that’s your own choice. You can also choose to just shrug, treat it like almost nothing, block them, and move on with your RL, gaming life, and RP life.

I don’t get it. As I already said, what’s the worry exactly here? Why reserve such RP for people you trust only? Nobody is gonna find out your phone number or home address, dude. Just block people who lie or turn out to be dishonest about their expectations and objectives, and be done with it, and stay open to any RP with good potential. That’s what I’d do at least.

Again and again, that’s your own personal, subjective, emotional feeling. Nobody, and I mean nobody, not even the person who roleplays that way, is forcing you to feel like you’re … “e-dating” them, WTF that even means. You can feel or “unfeel” whatever you wish into whatever you damn well please, and it’s all ultimately personal and subjective.

And what if they’re roleplaying a non-romantic story or scene that way? What will that make you feel? That you’re … “e-hanging out” with them? I can’t even begin to find the words to describe this cornucopia of bizarre subjectivity anymore.

Do you not want anyone to roleplay that way? You want people to roleplay the … “right way,” which is clearly going to be your way?

:man_shrugging:

And there is a pity in watching a man “seeing things,” having delusions about others to satisfy his lack of self-contentment and confidence, and laughing at others all alone, or laughing at his own jokes or something.

Yeah, when a person says that they’re drawing a hard line against any of this bleeding into RL, that means that … clearly … they can’t distinguish between OOC and IC.

What do you smoke again? I’d like to try it … once.

Hehehe. That’s a good one. ^^

And yes, if only we could’ve depended on ourselves for everything. :slight_smile:

The PvE part you just need to be good at alt tabbing to the max.
Or just don’t anything instanced and play two pet classes.

buying gf
someone trim my armour too pls

There is absolutely no way this guy isn’t trolling. This is Hrothgarr levels of determination to keep a thread going for this long

I tanked & healed some TBC dungeons back in the day while dual-boxing, and I think I also 5-manned a few dungeons before while multiboxing, a tank, healer, and 3 DPS and all, at least in leveling dungeons where the mechanics allowed for a tight group to advance as one “deathball,” to use some Overwatch terminology, but I admit, that wasn’t fun at all. Too hectic. And the worst part of that setup was the fearing spam in some dungeons. Makes getting back into the flow of things too tedious and annoying.

At the very least, it affords us the opportunity to discuss what can be uncomfortable practices by roleplayers within the context of in-character romance / relationships.

6 Likes

Perhaps you should stop looking at the mirror then.

UH OH…

1 Like