LF a female toon for 90% co-op PvE & 10% clean strictly IC romance

You say, but he should look at the not-paid reviews of former guildies before signing a deal with me.

He is turning it into his only option.

Truly shows how terrible a deal it is

For you, since you have to stick with him… if he accepts.

I have seen worse and that’s putting it mildly

Atleast he shows his red flags up front.

Howdy there, Rokmore.

I am curious as to your thoughts as to the age of the potential partner that you’re looking for. Regardless or if you’re advertising for NSFW interactions or not, you’re still looking for someone to spend a majority amount of time with (presumably) in the game itself. Might be good to clarify that you’re looking for an adult. :smile:

Lots of teens are members of this community and these forums aren’t adult exclusive either. Just remember, it’s bloody weird for a grown adult to spend large amounts of time gaming with kids they don’t know! Or who might not even be cis-gender! God forbid.

Perhaps he needs a guide.

Already better than most in that regard then!

Own a musket for home defense, since that’s what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. “What the devil?” As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he’s dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it’s smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, “Tally ho lads” the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

11 Likes

Turns out its not a troll, he is an actual neckbeard and is doubling-- no tripling down.

didn’t know you were a cop telaryn

2 Likes

I was unpleasantly surprised. No casual troll would do this amount of self harm. Memes were born this day to be cherished for years to come.

You’re “sure,” yes, just like your friendly trolls are also sure that there’s something fishy in my crystal clear ad. Being sure helps you a lot in life … I’m sure.

After trolls and low-lives brought up cybering and one-hand slurs, after all.

That never implied. I never said that if I don’t know someone’s gender, I’ll pretend that they’re female. I actually said that 99% of comms would be just IC and I’m happy, which was another point that’s so confusing for some of you.

Your fanatical insistence on cybering references, which I already said would be much easier to get outside the forums in Goldshire, for example, aside, you’re here trying to speak for everyone on Argent Dawn, implying that I’m better off looking for this on another realm, as if everyone on Argent Dawn is a hardcore or full-time roleplayer. That’s, clearly, presumptuous of you.

Yes, I took their word for it and didn’t need “reassurances,” because unlike you lot, I’m not a cynical, bitter, spiteful shadow of a human being. And the fact that you assume someone needs to confirm the gender of their roleplaying partner in a context like mine goes to show that you’re just the kind of person who would think that way, who would seek to make sure someone is female before roleplaying with them. This is confirmed further by your fanatical, constant references to “cybering.” It’s clear that you don’t understand roleplaying worlds beyond your “eRP I want to hear your voice” lewd bubble.

You don’t know who I am, what I look like, or who I’m dating. It’s hilarious that that’s what you think of me. However, I’m not surprised, because it’s clear that a creepy, pervert thinks that all other people are creepy, perverts like him.

Oh, you’re asking about my partner and what’s okay with her now? That’s definitely that anyone would write on a forum other than a complete and total low-life, who isn’t even too shy to hide his lack of culture & manners.

Clearly, it was too complex for you to understand; otherwise, you wouldn’t have thought it doesn’t fit. As I said, you need to seek a cure for illiteracy somewhere else.

Try Dictionary dot com. The noun precedes the adjective. Your favorite “main” definitions aren’t universally main, after all.

Yeah, setting aside 1 or 2 hours from every 10 hours of gameplay for roleplaying = “dont” want to set aside time to roleplay.

Again, I cannot help you with illiteracy.

And the local illiterates have cynical, perverted views, no surprise there.

Amen.

Sir, please do direct me to the nearest “romance” guild on the Alliance side of Argent Dawn, and I promise to get out of your hair on my way there. And no, Sir, “eRP” guilds do not count; I already know those.

Now, if you think that it’s easy to find a casual RP guild that RPs a bit and does a lot of PvE AND will have people who are open to a romance RP, then I think you may be playing in a different game, because it’s obvious from this very thread how most AD players would view or receive such an RP ad.

Not at all, that’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that conversations about the history of my character, and him listening to the history of the other character, is all part of the overall romance story that we’re co-writing. By “general RP,” I mean just random RP to get to know so many roleplayers on the realm and have general conversations with anyone and everyone possible. I already said in my OP that non-romantic dialogue will definitely be a natural part of the roleplaying because that’s what realistic romances or stories are like.

And does “different” or “unusual” justify cynicism, unfounded accusations, and trolling in your opinion? If not, then I don’t get your point here really.

Or maybe the substance is lost on the rampant illiteracy that’s very obvious here?

Ever heard of immersion or “WoW couples” turning into “RL couples”?

Because it happens. Because there are countless stories of WoW couples turning into RL couples, which isn’t a bad thing in and of itself, but I’m saying that stuff … immersion making such scenes bleed into RL … is a thing, and it easily happens and often enough.

Which is why I said that I’m okay doing this with a guy as long as I don’t know their gender and we never talk about this. This goes to show that I’m happy communicating IC for the vast majority of the time and not looking for anything more than what I advertised plainly and in detail. And even if I said that I have a slight preference to do it with a girl, this is just a psychological thing, to avoid a certain awkwardness that I might feel; my first statement still fully applies, though.

You are assuming that all or most breakups happen because of miscommunication, and that’s simply not true. A lot of breakups happen due to a lack of communication, people jumping into relationships without being clear beforehand about their goals, expectations, hard lines, and so on. And "worlds’ aren’t just physical; they’re also mental worlds that people live in within their heads, where they see the world around them one-dimensionally, or allow their past experiences to put glasses in front of their eyes with which they filter everything they see. That’s exactly why so many people are very cynical and bitter; they reached a point where they simply cannot believe that others may be looking for clean romance, for example, rather than “cybering” or whatever they’re thinking of.

And judging by the rates of divorce, single mothers, and breakups we see around in most societies, including the “happiest” and most affluent societies around us in the world, it doesn’t seem like “most humans” are doing very well with the way they’re working on their relationships. And I do not see the point of spending weeks with someone, getting to know them “slowly,” when they don’t want to have kids, for example, while I want to have kids. My time is much more precious than to throw away like that with so many people who will never mean anything to me. So, what I said still holds, there’s nothing wrong with having civil, courteous, calm, friendly conversations right from the start about the most important goals and expectations that we have. And online or app dating, being so popular, has made this much easier now, where you don’t even need to have a conversation at all, and can post your most important details and hope that others will do the same. This establishes a bare minimum level of compatibility, on which you can actually build a slowly growing relationship and intimacy. This “slow” development and intimacy that you refer to is still part of the process, but people like me want to go through such journeys on a basis of a bare minimum of compatibility. I applied the same exact principles in seeking a roleplaying partner to combine both hobbies, WoW and writing romance.

Yes, we change every day but our core principles, our most important goals, certain parts of our personalities, will usually stay with us for life. Us gamers have a saying that demonstrates this quite well, “Once a gamer, always a gamer.” Yes, there are many gamers who quit but most gamers stay gamers, and exceptions are never meant to define the normal status quo of most humans.

Normal? Yes. Healthy? Definitely not. Fights are never meant to be the status quo; they’re meant to be lessons for both parties to learn from, so that they don’t repeat the same mistakes. This is why the happiest couple only really have significant fights during their first year or two but afterward, they can have many years of a happy relationship that is near devoid of fights. If you’re not treating every fight as a lesson to learn from and understand how to avoid the fight in the future, then you’re just shooting yourself in the foot.

That would be an acceptable proposal if you specified the RP as “romance RP,” but the way it is worded now, it is way too general and will attract way too many irrelevant responses. This is a matter of pros and cons. The more succinct, vague, and general the ad is, the less trolling it will get and the more widely well-received it can be, but this also the huge potential of attracting way too many incompatible and irrelevant responses, and even complaints from people once I give them details, complaints like, “Why didn’t you just mention this in the ad? Thanks but no thanks.” And the more specific, detailed, and clear the ad is, the more trolling and sarcasm it can attract from all the irrelevant and incompatible people who pass through, but also the better the chance that responses of interest will be almost guaranteed to be compatible. I chose the latter because trolls don’t bother me and I’m fluent in sarcasm myself.

And I’ve had it happen to me a few times already. It happened to me when I was younger, and I’m the one who developed the feelings, and it happened to me the opposite way after I matured a bit more. Moreover, my way of roleplaying is not necessarily like most roleplayers; for example, I never, ever roleplay evil characters. And most of what my characters are about are just extensions of myself, my real personality, projected into whatever fictional world my character lives in. As I get to know someone and we roleplay for weeks or months, my roleplaying partner finds this out sooner or later. And they start to get to know me, sometimes deeply, by getting to know my character. And this can make at least a few develop feelings. I appreciate it never happened to you but as I said, it happened to me, both ways, so I have to draw the line, and I also have to be honest about my slight preference of writing romance with a female writer, not because I want anything to develop into RL — it’s actually quite the opposite and strongly so, but because I’m straight, immersion is a thing for me, and it can be awkward for me to know in my head that the one controlling the female partner of my character is a guy. And as I already said, this doesn’t mean that I don’t want to do it with a guy; it just means that I don’t want to know if it’s a guy. It’s just a personal wish really. And I don’t see the point of over-analyzing it with such cynicism and aggression as some are doing here.

Controlling a character in real-time, live, is different from writing a novel or dialogue that gets read later on a screen or sheet of paper. You know that the other person is out there, on the other side, making this character do and say these things. That can be awkward in certain contexts for someone like me.

Yes, my OP is crystal clear, if someone is actually literate enough to read and understand. I never said the partner has to be a woman; I never said I want eRP; I never said I want an obedient slave who will follow my ever command and rule; I never even implied any of this in my OP, and there are absolutely no contradictions in my OP. Saying that you have a slight preference or you’d feel a bit more comfortable with X doesn’t mean that X is a requirement, and doesn’t mean that you want to later on date X. I even said that if I wanted any of the crap people are getting in their heads, then there are much easier ways to get that crap than write a post here and deal with so much trolling and pointless debates from people who can’t even tell a contradiction from a grey line or area.

Ah, because when you get trolled by more than 10 trolls on one day, you’ll always be so gracious and angelic when responding to their sarcasm, forum-trolling, cheap memes, false accusations, judgements, and cynicism. You’re such a mountain of grace and self-control, I’m sure.

Please, don’t try to sugarcoat it, just join the band of cynicism and trolling openly; it’s not like the rest are shy about it.

Usually only real incels judge others that way. Imagine an incel writing such memes about a married guy, for example. That’d be quite precious … and hilariously sad at the same time.

Guess what? They, on AD, recommended that I do it here on the AD forums instead. And I never did anything that differently in-game, just simply summarized what I seek in one message that I can send.

So what’s the lesson for you here? There’s no “right way” to do this thing. Whatever I do, people will always find something to troll or meme about, always.

No, thanks. As I already mentioned, that ain’t what I’m looking for. I mean, if you aren’t sure that you’re not a “healer” or a “servant,” and you’re strictly a roleplaying & adventuring partner, then yes, that ain’t what I’m looking for.

Neither would I. And I already wrote “male” alongside “female” in my OP, because I was describing genders of WoW races, and because I follow by adding a note of being open to non cis-genders. However, cherry-picking and cynicism are strong in this community.

There are lots of obvious things that I didn’t add to my already long OP, and at least some people have already complained about the “walls of text” already as it is. Imagine if I had to prepare for every smart, nitpicked little flaw in my ad beforehand, and include a reply to it.

However, yes, even though this is a strictly clean-romance ad, it is also an 18+ ad for sure. And if I ever feel that the person chatting or roleplaying with me is childish or immature, then you can be sure that I won’t care if they’re 30; I still wouldn’t want to continue to do anything with them.

And I wish all the rest of the AD community members remember this about the game, that there are teenagers younger than 18 who play it sometimes, when they write their memes in Trade about private parts, sodomy, and all sorts of non-neckbeardish, non-weird, non-creepy Trade quotes that none of you ever seem to contest in-game on Trade when they do pop up. I’m glad the pedo-police is strong within you on the forums, and I sincerely hope that I see even quarter of that strength when people write adult-rated memes in Trade in-game. Thank you in advance for your noble efforts in protecting our children and minors.

2 Likes

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Who asked (Feat: No one) ───────────⚪──────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 5:12/ 7:𝟻𝟼 ───○ :loud_sound:⠀ ᴴᴰ :gear:

22 Likes

I’ve never been so tested, having never advertised an oddly specific relationship RP contract and responded with hostility and arrogance to every question raised about the obviously eyebrow raising phrasing and implications.

I’m a tired old cynic but no, I’m not going to troll anyone here. I’m still genuinely fascinated by this truly odd thread and I’d be delighted to have my standing questions answered.

Open the door, i bought you a nintendo switch.

No, I did not respond to “every” question with hostility and arrogance. If you do care at all and have time for this, you’re welcome to go back to my long posts and read them again carefully, and you’ll see that I was civil enough with people who were civil with me. My arrogance and hostility were only directed to trolls and people who failed Sarcasm 101 in school and are making up for it today by pasting cliché memes from the internets. I do not tolerate stupidity, cherry-picking and misquoting, cynical misunderstandings lathered with logical fallacies, or trolling, and I respond, sometimes, in kind to all this, or ignore it, depending on my time and mood.

And I’m more than happy — I actually prefer — to have a civil forum conversation with anyone who can ask their questions politely or at least neutrally.

Because your post has attracted so many relevant responses…

Look, I understand you want to reduce the possibility of negative outcomes. But fact is, by itself this is a negative outcome.

I suggest you take a break from it and don’t advertise such specific things on the forums.

Now, ive had to say this a few times now…but this. Is the final time I will say this. SHUT UP…about my head! It is normal it is a nice, head it does NOT look, like a sodding tic tac. I don’t think you know who you’re dealing with here. Look at how tall I am. Six foot five, I’m like a beast. You don’t want to be mocking me I tell ya. And you idiots, all of ya mocking me you look like [redacted], one of ya looks like a jacket potato with glasses on his head. And I swear these ginger people trying to mock me….you know… I’m not the kind of person you want to be messing with. I don’t like, cats. I don’t think kittens and puppy dogs are cute in fact I think all cats are [redacted] if i’m honest with ya. When I see em in my garden I’m not cooing over them I run out there and “AHHHH”. Scare em away. So you want to think carefully before mocking me again because I’m taking names down and I will shame you all in a video I will…you wouldn’t be saying this if you were standing in front of me you’d be cowering. When I eat peanut m&ms I crush each one in my fingers so I’m strong. I mean you need to STOP. THIS. STUPIDITY. Or there will be consequences and you will be shamed in a video…that’s all I gotta say about that.

2 Likes