LGBTQ Alliance Heroes - Biggest LGBTQ+ community

20/07/2018 16:22Posted by Falindratwo
snappy towards everyone
I was born snappy. Like, I'm literally a turtle irl.
20/07/2018 15:01Posted by Moritz
Am I the only gay person who has never experianced homophobia towards me in the game?

Thing is - why do you express your sexual orientation? Do you know mine? Nope. Does it matter? Nope.

Iā€™m not having a go....itā€™s actually a serious question.
just saying.. straight pride = worst pride (boring pride)

lets talk about tax returns
I would just like to thank everyone that has posted on this thread and bumping it. You have done wonders for the community. We are buzzing with so many members right now.

Thank you from the bottom of my Gnomish heart.
20/07/2018 18:16Posted by Emowitch
Am I the only gay person who has never experianced homophobia towards me in the game?

Thing is - why do you express your sexual orientation? Do you know mine? Nope. Does it matter? Nope.

If you're really interested let me know. I'll add you and explain but I think this thread needs to get back on track and going into detail here isn't going to help.
20/07/2018 18:39Posted by Sunspot

If you're really interested let me know. I'll add you and explain but I think this thread needs to get back on track and going into detail here isn't going to help.

Iā€™d imagine your probably right :-). I hope no offence caused coz wasnā€™t intentional.

Back on topic now

Speaking personally the moment you hear me talk, you suspect something. On a good day I sound like a 40 year old chain smoker.

In non-LGBT spaces, I'm very nervous about talking. I know that the worst anyone can do is mock me and at the end of the day, that doesn't bother me...but anxiety takes me down the rabbit hole of, "what if my presence causes issues for the group as a whole? Like a couple of people being transphobic could be a problem or it not being dealt with could be a problem with others...this probably isn't a topic that's ever come up...etc. etc. and I don't wanna cause any problems so I'll just keep quiet and hide."

Having to consider this - and you can say it's silly all you want, our life experiences are probably very different and that's fine - isn't a comfortable way to be in a guild or group where I want to make friends :)

I know I'm an extreme example, of course but even for less visibly LGBT people, it can be something as simple as mentioning their partner, which comes up in social situation and even just raiding - "brb my husband needs something," for example. Chances are neither scenario will ever be a big deal but chances are it has been in the past and it sticks with you.

Edit: I see people offered to explain in private as I was typing this up. Sorry for continuing to derail and !@#$ up the thread.
Well....I tried to join and all I got was a grey dotted circle for about 30 mins

So I logged out and went to drink wine
20/07/2018 20:40Posted by Emowitch
Well....I tried to join and all I got was a grey dotted circle for about 30 mins

So I logged out and went to drink wine

Sounds like a good time :). When the blizz overlords decide its ok for you to join us, feel free. Then you can enjoy wine AND great conversation :)
No ty
We are currently the biggest alliance LGBTQ+ community. 20 online members at any normal time. If you are looking for a lively active community, that's us.
Where is the Horde version???
22/07/2018 23:18Posted by Scrooloose

The leader selfishly deleted it.

22/07/2018 19:51Posted by Eisbear
Because I can't manage a community that I have to re-join on all my characters on, plus there's crossfaction LGBT communities yo join. I know they're not horde specific but battle.net communities works better for me, so that's where I am going.
22/07/2018 23:44Posted by Dojyaan
22/07/2018 23:18Posted by Scrooloose

The leader selfishly deleted it.

22/07/2018 19:51Posted by Eisbear
Because I can't manage a community that I have to re-join on all my characters on, plus there's crossfaction LGBT communities yo join. I know they're not horde specific but battle.net communities works better for me, so that's where I am going.

Well the reason why I created the alliance one is because nobody else had made one yet and I grew impatient :). Why not make one yourself? I'm not on horde enough to manage a community that side.

Because its a part of who I am, maybe?

I mean, if you're a man you can go out there saying you like women and no one will come to say "Hey, Im sorry but... why do you express your sexual orientation? Its not necessary"

And of course, no one says "How innecessary Tiffin Wrynn is, just to make Varian straight and please the straights " or any other straight couple.

I would love to live in a world where no one really cares and it doesnt make a difference, but lets be real, it does and thats why is so important to be proud of it and do not hide it.

And dont fool yourself, when someone says "if you want equality , act like the rest of us" its most of the times "Act straight and you will have no problems"
so many people care about this, let people form their communities in a game for god sake.
Just an update. We are the biggest LGBTQ+ community on Alliance at the moment. Come and join us for some great conversation and friendly people.
Today, Alterac Valley. A character named "Notgaybtw" is in the raid group. Someone remarks "Nice name, so desperate", some other join the banter. I remark, as I always do in Trade or other public channels when this kind of chat is going on, "Nothing wrong with being gay". Someone replies "Yes there is, mental illness". I write "Reported" and then do so; the last message I read is "Go ahead, you're going to burn in hell anyway fag".

It's a good thing this LGBTQ community exists.
1 Like
20/07/2018 14:21Posted by Chocooh
10 years ago would of trolled this to hell. Now though, fair play and all the best! People should feel comfortable how ever they want to be. Shouldn't need to have a special "safe haven" in this day and age.

#bewhatyouwant
#noonehasarighttojudgeothers

More likely, if people were to comment what they actually think about this, they would get account banned.
25/08/2018 23:50Posted by Fresh

More likely, if people were to comment what they actually think about this, they would get account banned.

Go ahead, make my day. Tell us about that little opinion of yours that nobody gives a damn about.