LGBTQ+ and Ally Community

So I posted this in entirely the wrong place. But thanks to those who pointed it out so I could post it correctly.

As a female that is hounded by men on WoW who is also a Gay woman, forgive me for wanting to create a safe space that is open to anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+ or is an Ally of our community. I genuinely do not see the issue with that.
I have now posted the community in the correct place, and report to the police the homophobia that exists on this post.

Thank you to my wonderful allies, and community members for your support :slight_smile:

Come Join us Gaymers :slight_smile:
ALLIANCE

8 Likes

Ew thatā€™s alliance.

Do you accept void elves?

1 Like

I accept everyone, gimme a sec and i will make on on Horde too :slight_smile:

Just kidding, very nice of you to set up a friendly group :slight_smile:

horde link

3 Likes

I think you should post that here: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/recruitment

3 Likes

seems odd blizz would allow this sort of advertising

Shameā€¦ Iā€™m glad, at least it is not from my realm.

2 Likes

And why is that?

I do not like special people that show their specialty.

12 Likes

What an adorable line :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

agreed, this thread just screams ā€œlook at us were special snowflakesā€, also pretty sure this is a general discussion forum.

10 Likes

So they posted in the wrong section, ppl do that every day on general. Just move along, iā€™m sure mods will move the topic if needed :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Good thing people donā€™t care if you like them or not.

You chose to show your disapproval. Instead you couldā€™ve just scrolled on. Who is the snowflake here?

13 Likes

Iā€™d rather have people proclaim their ā€œspecialnessā€ than people proclaiming their intoleranceā€¦

You could have just ignored this thread, or flagged it if you thought it broke any rules.

7 Likes

I placed a bet with a few friends that it would take 9 posts before it started to go southā€¦ sadly I was 1 post too optomistic.

OP: There is (as stated) a forum dedicated for communities so you should post it there, but I would do so with think skin, as you have seen above threads that highlight specific community groups can attract unwanted attention. Just report any you feel are inappropriate rather than engage with them.

17 Likes

If youre referring to the use of the word ā€œsnowflakeā€, it was me who used it, also it wasnt used in a ā€œmeltingā€ metaphore. So that made no sense.

3 Likes

They are not ā€˜ā€˜showing their specialityā€™ā€™.
They are setting up a safe place for their community.

This ā€˜ā€˜minorities are special snowflakesā€™ā€™ mentality is dumb af.

18 Likes

Special place for special people, fair.

Discriminatory? Who exactly does it discriminate? There are no restrictions to join as i can see, open for everyone :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes