LGBTQ+ community <3

Aren’t a lot of the replies in this thread and in all the other 35897269 threads about lgbt stuff enough to understand why some people would enjoy such communities? As someone else said already, if you say as a guy that you have a girlfriend nothing bad can happen, but if you mention as a guy that you have a boyfriend… try it and tell me how other players reacted. I got called woke on reddit for just mentioning I play wow with my bf.

5 Likes

This needs to be posted again I see;

2 Likes

I don’t see how I was trying to appeal to bigots when I explicitly condemned their hateful opinions as worthless. The appeal was to the people labeling themselves and making their gender or sexuality part of their identity instead of trying to blend into society.

Normalizing LGBT people in society and making bigotry against them socially unacceptable isn’t going to happen over night, but more importantly, it’s not going to happen at all if they keep pushing their labels to the forefront of their identities instead of showing that they’re just people with personalities like everybody else.

If even someone like me, who is very explicit in support of equal rights, freedom of speech and condemning bigotry, but simply disagree with your approach, is still seen as “appealing to actual bigots”, then I don’t see how you expect to win over the people who are actually on the fence about their opinion on LGBT.

I fully supports movements that push for the abolition of anti-LGBT laws or the extension of rights to LGBT people, such as same-sex marriage. Those need to be explicit in what they’re fighting for. I just don’t believe these labels and separations are actually beneficial when it comes to acceptance in society and in day to day life.

But as I already said earlier, I do understand that for an individual who faces bigotry for who they are, joining a community like this feels liberating.

Why was the op reported, I can’t remember anything wrong the opening post.

That’s such a blind way of thinking. Let’s put it into (silly) perspective:

“I like this ice cream sort”
“It’s not my type really”
“SO YOU HATE IT THEN?”

OR

“I like the music in WoW”
“I’m more into rock songs”
“OMFG, you’re such a hater! You don’t know what’s good!”

OR

“I wonder why such communities gets such hate”
“I assume it could be because of a double standard”
“OMG! TRANSPHOBE SPOTTED, REEEEEEEEEE!!!” ~ Vixi

Do you see how ridicules your way of thinking is?

No, that’s exactly not what it means.

If you don’t want to be associated with someone, you speak only for yourself like “I don’t want to have anything to do with Person XY anymore”.

What you do is say “I don’t want to have anything to do with Person XY anymore and I will tell everyone else to avoid that person because of my own personal opinion!

Ah yes, another attempt at gaslighting.

You know what?

Think whatever you want. I know by now telling you that you’re acting out of line doesn’t fruit in anything.

Live in your own bubble, seeing things that aren’t there if you so desperately wish.

I’m done with this slandering.

1 Like

Post like this are bound to be flagged. It only takes a few flags to have a post hidden. Just a trash system.

It’s not slander when it’s true unfortunately.

2 Likes

You don’t need to always understand it but simply accept it really, and understand that its important to many others.

For many people, having those labels is liberating. Especially if they have been forced to live in complete secrecy of their true identities or sexuality.

I’ll elaborate it down for you in a really simple way: Imagine if you really, really like ketchup. But if you even dare to suggest a hint if that you do, you’ll be abused, beaten even potentially killed. And then live like that for the next 20 years of your life. All while also openly hearing direct hatred for people like yourself everywhere you go.

Even then that analogy doesn’t do it justice due to how simplistic it is, but its a basic gist.

You’d also likely feel like you would want to express yourself whenever you find a place where you can do so.

Exactly, and not everyone has the energy or want to struggle for acceptance and push the movement forward. They just want to chill and relax. And communities are great for that.

2 Likes

Good point, and what Heramaar has said was very true.

If that’s what you want to believe, while also thinking straight folk are being oppressed, knock yourself out.

Not sure where you’ve pulled that out from but you do you, champ.

Again, people can simply look for themselves. I’m not telling them how to view you, just that you have very problematic opinions.

Once again, if you are so upset that I am sharing them, why share them here in the first place?

Everything I’ve said about you has been absolutely true as I have just linked your posts directly.

I’ll continue to watch out for you though and let people know. It’s the right thing to do I feel. Maybe take that as a chance to reflect on that your behavior makes you pretty unlikeable.

1 Like

So let me get this straight (hurrhurr)? Straight people are allowed to walk down the street holding hands and not be beaten by when my two gay friends do it (of which one was nearly beaten to death mind you) its okay to beat them up?

Get over yourself.

2 Likes

LGBTQ+ =/= publicly sexual jfc It’s the worst argument.

3 Likes

To play into your own weird perspective, this is what you’ve been doing:

Person A: “I like this ice cream sort”
Person B: "You deserve to die for liking it. Insert multitude of slurs
Person A: “That’s not nice, I just said I like this ice cream.”
YOU: "Actually, by mentioning it you’re shoving it down other people’s throats. No one should be forced to hear about it and I can see that both sides have merit (: "
Also you: “Also Person A is totally wrong anyway because Person B just said their opinion! Is that so wrong? I think its wrong that Person A argued with them about it!”

2 Likes

Some people are scared of anything LGBT

3 Likes

And “think of the children” apparently.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ve seen FAR more straight people and couples be inappropriately horny or overtly sexual in public than any queer person ever.

2 Likes

Meh.
Without saying X is worse than Y, the original comment in and of itself is stupid.
Apparently kids can’t be queer and none have queer family.

3 Likes