LGBTQ+ community <3

Fair enough. Some places are completely intolerant of such people. I absolutely understand the desire to be part of a community like this if you live in one of those places.

In places where this isn’t the case tho, I believe labeling oneself does more harm than good, essentially creating a stalemate battle between the bigots and the loud part of the LGBT community who make it their identity, with everybody else in the middle wishing people could just get along. In more progressive societies this battle has been reduced to petty fights between two extremes.

Letting kids be kids and learn and develop on their own is what matters the most. Don’t force the boys to just like trucks and guns etc. Don’t force the girls to just play with dolls and be all pink.

If they want to do that on their own, it is absolutely fine. If they don’t and instead prefer the opposite or something else in entirely, that is also completely fine.

Let kids develop as their own persons. As a parent or adult, our jobs are to make sure they are safe, well-cared for and get to grow up as their own people.

This is always my favourite quote when it comes to explaining to children:-

6 Likes

As someone who both have kids and have worked with them, yeah a majority of children will just respond with “Oh okay” and accept it with no trouble and move on with their lives.

1 Like

I’m here - literally saying: “Everyone should be accepted and respected as they are without the need for labels and closed communities”

I am also saying: “Instead of isolating themselves and demanding special treatment, all LGBTQ+ people should instead join society as equals, because that’s how you get acceptance”

My point is: When you turn sexuality into a religion and you unilaterally write down the rules for that religion and force people to follow it, you create more hate and less acceptance.

Want to know one fundamental mistake?
Language.
The LGBTQ+ community touched the most sacred tool in human existence, language.
Without language our thoughts are just abstractions, they can’t be communicated and can’t be useful.

When the whole pronouns thing became reality you changed how people speak (in some countries this is enforced by law) and this is the same as regulating how people think ( and this is something truly dangerous )

If I see a man that looks like a man, behaves like a man, is strong like a man competing in swimming against women (and ruining their careers) and I say : " What’s the guy doing there?" I’m suddenly a bigot and I get reprehended. - I’m not allowed to say that (I’m not even allowed to think that without feeling like I’m a criminal for doing so)

Instead Gay/straight/non gender conformed people should stand united with broader society and flush out/isolate the true racists, bigots etc.

What the LGBTQ+ labels and communities are achieving instead is division.
At best you’re forcing the bigots to stay silent and pretend, you’re definitely not exposing or eradicating them.

And absolutely no - society as a whole is sick to death or having sexuality fed down their throats.
I’m equality as annoyed with the absolute overuse of sexual themes in music, films and arts in general for example, it’s too much - and the LGBTQ+ is making the mistake of making sexuality their whole lives, reality, personality and goals instead of treating it as - Part of… -

2 Likes

Kids are taught to hate, be racist, etc. They grow up seeing people as the same as themselves until they’re told otherwise.

4 Likes

Acceptance is natural, hatred is taught.

4 Likes

Nothing will make you understand the need. If you haven’t understood by now then you just aren’t going to.

So we’ll leave it at that. Because it’s futile repeating myself.

1 Like

Glad I have you around because you can word things much better than I can LOL

1 Like

Mm.
Not sure on the doing more harm part.
And since people tend to label each other as X or Y, better to find your own definition and be comfortable, than be told what you are.

We all know that’s not true and the reality is this:

6 Likes

I haven’t seen that one before but :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

Always happy to help!

1 Like

honest to gods, some of you need to reverse your statements and make it about straight people;

“I’m fine with it so long as the straights don’t force it in my face”

And then look how ridiculous it is, its frankly none of your business and if straight people can get away with doing it in public then its on YOU why gay people can’t.

2 Likes

No you’re here to cause trouble pretending that you’re here for something else.

Just because LGBTQ+ is in the title of this thread doesn’t mean they don’t respect others, that’s a complete nonsense you are spouting there.

What are you talking about, I don’t recall them asking for special treatment.

Look it’s up to them what they want to do, if you want to join them join them. Except I doubt they’d have you after what you’ve been typing.

Well I never, some people just take the biscuit.

1 Like

Okay but what is the need for a definition? What I mean is that “LGBTQIA+” is a bit of a mouthful since there’s just so many pointless labels under this umbrella that don’t even need to exist. I am someone who experiences physical attraction but with little to no desire to seek out romantic or intimate relationships or activities with other people. Do I need a label or is that just how I am? Some people could argue that I classify as a type of asexual, maybe graysexual or demisexual, but what does that contribute to my life? Nothing. It’s utterly pointless. It’s just how I am and it’s nobody’s business but mine.

That isn’t how you get acceptance at all.
In fact, you’ll often find you get accused of shoving your identity down people’s throats at best.

It can be useful if you need to explain an aspect of your identity to someone without having to talk about it for a drawn out period.

I can see what you’re getting at, but labels are important and useful. But with all things there can be drawbacks, I’d rather focus on the positives and how community and unity can be formed through them.

And what is the need for definition? It’s common to want to be something in some capacity, we may never be wholly defined, but having a bit to easily say “I am X” can help with belonging and understanding oneself.

1 Like

What in the world made you think everything I’ve said was about the group especially?

What a nice initiative! :heart: Thank you for forming this community, I’m sorry to see that the thread spiralled the way it did. I hope you enjoy the new expansion.

2 Likes