LGBTQ+ community <3

I noticed you didn’t quote the bit where I said you were here to cause trouble, like a lot of people would have. Guess I’m right on that bit.

I’ve personally been loving the expansion! It’s been a really nice one so far and absolute blast!

1 Like

It just happens to be factual that people are born with different types of variety and its normal and I dont see what is the big deal of it but it seem like popular debate lately on wow forum so maybe people are more interested than they thought on the matter after all but I guess that can also be a good thing incase people learn something new, I mean I just see this as normal and I dont talk of it or pay any attention to it :joy:

I’m here literally saying All people should be treated the same way regardless of their sexual orientation, race, gender etc etc …

And I am being burned at the stake for it.

If I was here advocating privileged treatment for a certain group I’d be hailed by my would be fellow virtue signaling mob.

See the difference?

1 Like

You’re just making something out of nothing.

1 Like

It’s also a false statement. Because if they truly believed everyone deserved equal treatment they wouldn’t kick up a stinker when the group/s that has very much NOT been treated that well just wants to make a community to vibe in with like minded people.

3 Likes

That’s how everything goes.

As the holy get holier than thou, ones who were saints become sinners because they are no longer holy enough.

Eventually 99% of people will be everything-ist bigots.

Then the real violence begins.

1 Like

But the definitions get so obscure that 99% of people will not know what it means so you’ll have to explain it anyway. There’s just no point labeling every little quirk people find themselves having. I don’t understand why it’s so difficulty to just accept that you’re just the way you are.

All you need are the first 4, LGBT. Everyone will understand those, but they still shouldn’t be what defines a person. All of the other labels just describe people’s quirks, and everyone has quirks, so we can’t keep labeling them. I feel absolutely no reason to give an obscure label to the way I experience attraction to other people, let alone broadcast it unprompted. It’s a entirely private matter.

1 Like

And that’s perfectly valid. But not everyone feels the same way.
Ultimately people are welcome to define (or not) themselves how they will. They are themselves and it’s not up to us to say otherwise.
And being LGBT isn’t what defines a person, but it is an aspect of it and one that can help build bridges through shared experiences.

1 Like

I do want to point out that another reason of important to actively use more prolonged terms (Such as LGBTQ, or LGBTQ+ or additional letters) is to show solidarity and also an active stance against a subgroup who believe that the community should be gatekeeping. It is primarily Terfs(Or other anti-trans groups) who wishes to erase the “T” from it.

But it does also happen to some extent for Bi-people(the “B”) or other groups such as non-binaries & even asexuals to some extent too.

So by using more labels it shows solidarity towards those groups and that it is about acceptance in general, which is important.

I agree it isn’t, or rather shouldn’t be. Many just make it so, and it can only build bridges with other people who do the same, not the rest.

Yes, they are free to do so as they should be, but it won’t help normalize them in society, which is the repeatedly stated goal. It’s a goal I’m all on board with, I just disagree with the approach and believe it’s counterproductive.

1 Like

I don’t see it that way LGBTQ+ is a label the group gave themselves, The letters individually
define sexual persuasion. However, the combined letters define a group/community.

We all know (or should do) some people struggle with their sexuality. I think the purpose of the LGBTQ+ logo is not to say look at us we are gay. It’s a beacon where like minded people can find each other.

LGBTQ+ doesn’t define the people the individuals define themselves. Labelling people is just laziness.

2 Likes

People are lazy most of the time.
Labels are simple and quick, so typically used to cut things out. Even if a lot of nuance and information goes with it.

And often wrong.

Depends who’s giving it.
How I label myself is likely accurate, I know me.
Some random on the street? Vastly less likely.
Humans tend to judge and attach names to things. So labels tend to form, whether they’re conscious or not.

1 Like

It doesn’t in itself. People put individual labels on themselves and then let whatever the label means at least partially define them, and make it known, sometimes unprompted, as if it’s anyone’s business. It’s kinda like a stranger oversharing.

In an ideal world one should be able to just go about their life being whatever they are and nobody should think anything of it, and I think the best way to get there is to try to live like this ideal world is real. I know it’s not but as long things like this are being made into a big deal, the longer will people be inclined to act annoyed by it.

This is why I keep saying that this will not be normalized over night. You’re not likely to change the minds of the older generations who are set in their ways, but the younger generations who grow up in a society where LGBT people just go about their lives without broadcasting that they’re LGBT would turn out overall a lot more tolerant.

I understand that in countries where there are still anti-LGBT laws, it’s necessary to bring it to the forefront, but we see this even in countries where it’s very much legal to do anything LGBT. That’s where I think the labeling should stop and instead move to the phase of just being whatever you are. Bigotry against everything needs to fizzle over time out and trying to accelerate it backfires more often than not.

In an ideal world, I don’t think the world is ready for that yet, but I think it’s moving in that direction (not all countries as you know). You can’t really force the issue though as forced issues tend to harbour resentment (I’m not saying, you are saying you should).

Yeah, I think a lot of the older generation don’t really care that much. As you get older often you tend to mellow somewhat. What you should take note of is how the younger generations respond, that should give you some idea of which way the tide is moving. I think as more people get used to it, it will become more normalised.

I think some of those countries will resist change, no matter what happens at least for the time being. Again it’s just a matter of time, how long though who knows.

It really comes back to concentrating on the things people have in common and not the differences.

My God, you guys turned an invite thread to a debate thread. Get help. Seriously.

Maybe you need to have a word with the mods, to see if they can tidy the thread up, so it’s fit for its original purpose.

Now the thread is in Communities Recruitment, hopefully it won’t happen again.

1 Like

Already ahead of you. Unfortunately there’s no email or anything for direct contact, so I sent in an in game suggestion (like that would do anything) and posted a thread.

3 Likes