Lock 10.0 trees wishes

Feel like these should be reversed, aff has universally always been about multi target and destro about ST, havoc aside ofc. I’d much rather have stronger baseline dots than a filler that empowers dots to actually deal any significant damage.

We need to move away from the turret playstyle as the “plant your feet and spam cast” is such an outdated design in this era of retail wow when most classes are moving at the speed of sound and firing off their rotations while doing 360 noscope jumps and locks are still forced to plant feet and hard cast, it’s just too 2004 warlock design that doesn’t feel very pleasant when u aren’t able to stand and damage something that also doesn’t move ,like a target dummy.

Soul Swap and Metamorphosis slinking their way back in to the Warlock arsenal as a surprise talent. One can dream though.

But I feel previous abilities like Shadowflame and Hellfire would make a good addition again.

1 Like

Would love to have them back, it was so great.
We can only hope blizzard is listening.

if they want to keep MR as the affliction spender. they need to make Seed spread all your DoT’s to compensate so you can AOE properly. or go back to UA/Seed Spam as spenders.

The idea of shadowbolt was ok in Classic. not anymore. this is suppose to be DoT/Drain spec. i don’t mind MR as a spender i think its a neat idea. but the execution of said idea was terrible. you don’t know what is suppose to do what at this point? i spread DoT’s and burst with MR. or do i Seed? at least the ST is clear. who ever is responsible for Affliction needs to really rethink their plans on what they got now and make a proper decision of what they are going for so we got something to work with.

ofc they should

were being reworked every xpac

1 Like

Or… Wait for it… Just freaking copy-paste wotlk lock.

1 Like

After the mage tree release I’m really scared for the lock tree.

1 Like

In not into mage, so why are you scared?

Because compared to the awesome shaman trees that we got earlier where you get all the cool toys and plenty of new the mage trees are you just choosing which way you want to get screwed. You basically have to choose what you want to loose.

Edit: And considering that warlock is a pure dps class like mage I feel like our talent tree will take more after the cursed mage trees than the shaman tree.

Damn, i still for they give Infernal for all specs back. Really down in the class tree, imagine a 3 dog(with imps), Summon Felguard and Infernal Tyrant in the opener!

There are a lot of things i would love to see, but for most part im interested in seeing instant cast shadowfury, backlash, metamorphosis for demo, soul swap for affli…

1 Like

i feel like the venthyr ability is much more suited to the class fantasy for warlock, would much rather see that showing up personally, if not just because of the extra utility you get from the curses it applies

God damn I’m seeing some cursed ground targeted abilities in possible demonology talents. Please anything but that Blizzard, I don’t want to start throwing axes on the ceiling.

But nobody played venthyr during SL. That’s why it is either decimating Bolt or Soul Rot or it is both. Right now it looks like it is only DB.

Could be funny, but i miss something like, slows the target or a root effect.

I like the Tormented Cage ability. This will be Affliction.

There are a lot of good things, now or depends on how the talent tree is sorted. Can’t wait for it.

I just want Dimensional Rift back for Destruction.

2 Likes

regardless of if people played it or not it still the one that made the most sense from the class fantasy point of view, and the venthyr abilitiy was just undertuned, thats why people never used it,

the soulbinds in night fae were too strong, so everyone played that to get the most damage. venthyr would still make the most sense for class fantasy

Tust is true, venthyr and necrolord are my favourite covenants but NF is just better.

yeah its part of the reason that locking the covenants was a dumb idea, i would have loved to be able to pick the soulbinds that were best but use the abilities that i wanted,

from the start the new abilities should have been added in like a talent row that we could swap between freely.

I hated the borrowing power system from the start in Legion. It was a dumb idea, the only good they brought was the testing of abilities.

But i want my meta lock back, but i won’t get it back

realistically the only way they could properly bring it back is to add it as a 4th spec honestly, there are plenty of people out there including myself that would be upset if they removed current demonology,

for the most part the borrowed power systems were not as bad as everyone made them out to be, they all had their issues to begin with and progressively got better, blizz just needed to listen to feedback sooner and they would have been fine.