Loving the Arathi Brawl against bots

Island Expeditions tells you that it does.

New?..it’s not new at all, just the location.

Yeah as much as they like dungeons I suppose.

It’s really difficult to grasp what you’re trying to say. You throw out a sentence that’s mostly a riddle, and you don’t elaborate…I’ve no idea what you’re trying to say. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Layman’s terms, where you fight the npc doesn’t make fighting the npc new.

Again, the location doesn’t make it a new format.

Make sense? :crossed_fingers:

I think is interesting and fun. But it shouldnt be pvp. is PVE.
Fun but PVE

The best use for bots is making a tutorial.
One time acc wide events for dps/healer scenarios that you must clear before being allowed into random BG queues with others, or “rated” as in between random and current rated BGs, meaning it is a random BG but only people who have completed the tutorial are allowed in.

So many still have no clue about basic tactics or any sense of strategy.
I swear to god I have had to do this at least a thousand times in my life:
WSG game is a tie, just <3 minutes to go, both have a flag, nobody of us is in the enemy flag room BUT ME. And of course our FC dies because the team is random and stupid… enemy FC is running home about to score and waste 15 minutes of my life for a lost game. I grab the flag, run to the roof or elsewhere to buy time by holding their flag hostage for the last minute to prevent them from scoring…
something so basic you would think anyone would realise that.

But for some unkown reason it is always me alone, even after first telling the team nicely what to do and why (flag prevention basics), and then I start yelling at them and people just won’t listen or do the right thing, ever. I am so sick and tired of saving the day and getting no respect for it. I just want to see someone else in my team being NOT stupid enough to know how these simple things work.

So make a tutorial with some low performing slow enemies, it doesn’t need to be a healing/dps performance issue, but you must TEACH these noobs what the hell to do and why… have the bots talk to them and tell them where to go, what to do, grab a flag, and why, etc. I just want people to freaking UNDERSTAND what to do and why. I just can’t take it anymore. I’m so done being the only one who knows anything in every BG. Every time it’s this bunch of random derpa derps derping around just spamming “gg better luck next time” when preventing the enemy team from winning had literally nothing to do with luck in many cases.

And these people have achievements 5-10 years old, been playing forever, the same way, just tunnelvision zombie mode… running straight ahead till they see someone attack them to which they respond “ugh me see bad guy me attack must kill bad guy ugh!!” while their healer freecasts RIGHT THERE BEHIND THE TARGET. Zero awareness, no overview or insight skills whatsoever, just pointlessly smashing one button. And the flag is being captured, you just couldn’t interrupt him to buy us time? Or the efc runs by you, you just couldn’t switch your target and snare the efc? And this for like 10 years now… I am… sooooooooooooo… sick of it I wanna punch these people irl if I could and scream red faced with veins popping on my head “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? WHY??”

inb4: just do rated then - No I don’t wanna do rated, I don’t wanna talk on teamspeak with anyone, I don’t wanna setup a raid and wait. I just wanna quick join a BG and keep doing so, fast.

So yeah, if you could create a middle bracket BG between random and rated, that’s gated behind a bot performance tutorial with goals you need to achieve to unlock, that be great.

I saw the same in horde, many times actually, some people said “You noobs will lose 100% i will be running behind you stealthed and laugh out of you” and he did, that rogue did literally spent whole EoTS stealthed following us and typing ironic emotes when we died, whole group have reported him and nothing happened, he was laughing even “louder” because we couldn’t get rid of that parasite.

Sure it does.

Because this is a Battleground format, then the NPCs respawn at graveyards, they’re pursuing objectives (capping bases), and they’re either grouped up in one area or spread out across several areas.

Those factors combined make for a different PvE experience than found elsewhere.

1 Like

On the contrary, the rep (reward farm) was mentioned at least twice, so I fail to see how I ‘forgot’ it.

Where you fight the npc, does that make fighting the npc new?

:exploding_head:

Your problem is you’re dumbing it down to basics. It’s like saying shooting games are no different to other shooting games because you’re still pointing and clicking to shoot at things.

Obviously, you’re still fighting NPC’s - but you can’t class it the same as killing standard (scripted) NPC’s that just follow you around and execute spells on cooldown like headless chickens. These NPC’s are scripted to at least ‘pretend’ to be players. Big difference.

I’d say fighting a boar in Elwynn Forest is a different experience from fighting Argus at the Seat of the Pantheon.
And I’d say fighting a 15man bot team in Arathi Basin is a different experience from fighting a Wicker Beast in Drustvar.

I’m a bit perplexed that you look at the entirety of PvE in WoW and conclude it’s all the same. But I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the problem you express in that regard is such a niche problem that besides you, I don’t think anyone has it. So whatever. :roll_eyes:

Dumbing it down so it’s easily understood but you seem to think it makes me look like I’m right, when I’m wrong?

It’s like saying shooting games are no different to other shooting games.

:thinking:
You Dumbed it down, didn’t you?

But what if I fight the Boar from Elwynn Forest where I fought Argus?

:smirk:

Well part of any PvE experience is the setting. It is an MMORPG after all…
Beyond that, I’d make the argument that the combat interaction with the boar is different from the combat interaction with Argus - and the same can be said for the Brawl bots. You’re not killing Argus in 3 hits like the Boar, and the Boar doesn’t crowd control you like the Brawl bots do.
They’re different experiences.

Will just set another precedent.

Can’t wait for summer.

This is what i really don’t get. How did it even go through that PvP achievements can be gained in a brawl with AI this terrible? It’s not hard to 5 cap and win that way and often lock them at close to their own base, so long as the group isn’t horrible and/or without healers.

Yep now if you imagine having multiple of these guys almost every single match, then you found the Alliance pvp experience. A bunch of obnoxious pricks that afk and insult the team all game, yet they expect to be carried

Alot of times these guys tend to be horde in mercenary mode as well. Can’t say i understand the feeling of factionloyalty to the extend of purposely joining Alliance bgs to ruin and insult them

1 Like

Those are ill people who don’t have life outside of the game. I’m spending too much time in WoW that’s for sure, but i wouldn’t do such thing because for me it is time wasted.

Ah, I see, so you’re easily amused, a bit of rain, some snow and it’s a whole new world in game for you huh?

So you’re saying a skilled opponent provides a better experience in BGs? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sometimes, yes!

It’s an MMORPG. Part of the appeal of the genre is the immersion, the story context and general landscape of the world.

Arathi Basin is still a cool place. And in this expansion it’s relevant to the story again with the battle in Arathi Highlands going on (same goes for Warsong Gulch and the battle there). It’s immersive and engaging on a story level, and the visuals are stunning after the remake of the battleground map. And then it’s just icing on the cake that there’s a new, cool way to experience the Battleground with this week’s Brawl.

I don’t get what you’re trying to belittle here. I sense the smugness, but it sounds more like I’m getting more enjoyment out of WoW than you are, and you’re trying to play it off as if you have the superior position here. :thinking:

No, I’m saying they provide a different experience. Different is good.

I do the brawl for the free rewards, i cant actually imagine someone enjoying comp stomp as its too easy (wich seems to be the whole point of this brawl)

there is no challenge in it. if i park my holy priest at the farm even without capping it eventually the entire bot team will be stuck there trying to kill me = victory. The only thing these bots are actually good at are interupting spellcasting. But their dmg is so low that not even 6 of them can take down my badly geared holy priest