Low population servers

I regrettably took the free transfer, I am now on only one of 3 servers that currently say low population. It sucks finding groups for dungeons or Elite quests.
I am keeping hopes up that populations will rise, but does anybody know what kind of numbers constitutes a “low” population?

1 Like

Yea I think I’ve ruined Classic for myself

500 Alliance players online currently in the middle of a Saturday when Gehennas has queues of 3k+ already

5 Likes

Moved to Judgement which is a low pop realm and did a Censusplus test on the Alliance side, starting at 13:10.

imgur . com/XGqUNiY

Unsure about Horde side

Yeah same story here

I guess if Horde has an equal population it isn’t terrible but it really takes the convenience away that 98% of others servers have by having a lower pop.

Same, awful mistake, thinking classic experience is now ruined. Currently 1 person in Ironforge alliance side… ;(

Is that including yourself? xD
Sorry, I shouldn’t laugh at that. Hope it gets better.

Same situation here on Judgment. Honestly I think I’ve screwed up this classic launch.

At first I decided on Firemaw and reserved names, but the queues were awful so I never got to play.

Then I moved to Mograine. Got to level 12, had a blast. But then due to work I wasn’t able to join the queues early enough to play in the evening.

Now I’m on judgement and far, far behind everyone else. The player distribution is good for me (primarily lower levels), but the realm feels dead. Orgrimmar doesn’t even have 50 people in it. It’s a far cry from how I felt when I was on Mograine for those few hours.

I only get to play in the evenings / weekends, and have other commitments. At this point I have no idea what I’ll do next. Staying on Judgement feels like a risk… and a boring one at that.

Who would even consider joining a new fresh server… Nobody is going to reroll on one, someone who wants to start playing is gonna go on all the medium/high servers. This was a big misstake.
I cannot connect with my friends because only Gehennas can transfer.
Just gonna have to let the subscription run out or reroll another class and lvl it to 40+ (Mage or Warlock) for the stupid spellcleave or layer abusing.

Horde on Judgement.

Taken at around 13:30 CEST on a Saturday:
imgur . com/a/avAhZb1

2 Likes

I guess all who transferred were just assuming that others would be as sick of the queues as we all were, Depox. Seems to be the case for many but not enough for 2 or 3 new servers, if they had all joined into one I’m sure there would be no issue.

More people will join when they won’t be able to log for raids.

2 Likes

Idd. They better merge those low pop servers.

Oh God, why are each and every low pop realm a PvP? I want a low pop PvE server … preferably yesterday.

Alot of people who wants and are willing to transfer have friends on other servers because of the bad launch. People kept rerolling server to server everytime they got ques. So alot of people just kept grinding on one of their first servers insteaf of waiting 1-3 weeks before starting to play.

I myself really wanted to play druid, but once my friends had decided on a server without ques I could not see myself relvling the same class for 20+ hours.

They gonna have to give free transfers to alot of the high pop server to these new ones if they want people to join (and connect with friends)

Also regarding the Mograine to Judgement transfers. I can logon to Mograine without queues at the moment even though it’s “full”.

This means Judgement is on low pop but there’s no incentive to transfer from Mograine right now. Maybe there’ll be queues this evening, but they feel manageable.

First alliance majority realm? :o

I think they still have layers for low pop servers too, having few hundred people on server should be enough to have people on zones you level at, especially so early.

Yeah exactly. 700 on each back in the day was what, low medium range?

Transfered from Golemagg to DragonBorn due to queues and becuase my guild wanted to transfer and i’m already feeling disapointed. There’s no one around the world! It feels as tough i’m playing a single player game. If this doesn’t get better than i really hope blizzard makes some changes. I don’t want to reroll on a higer pop realm now that i’ve punt a considerable amount of time on my character and have an attachment to it.