Mac issues - CRASHING, LAGGING AND STUTTERING AFTER 8.3

I thought so as well till the moment my game froze in Boralus after I logged in.

I’m disgusted there’s still no answer from Blizz! Have some respect to us and tell us please what is going on!
This game is advertised to be supported by both Windows and Mac OS, how on earth we’re 3 weeks into 8.3 with no fix?! Unbelievable. No wonder so many people unsubscribe. I have 7 days left and no willing to resub. Blizz you’ve taken away my ability to play the new content with my friends.
I check this (and the US) thread every few hours to see a blue post but nothing! All we get your RADIO SILENCE! This is beyond my understanding.

4 Likes

Blizzard don’t seem to care I have exactly the same problem, can’t get past section seven in hall of lights freezes and end up force quitting game is now unplayable as you can’t progress the quest line…><

1 Like

So angry that I paid for a 6 month sub just before this happened. I’ve canceled the renewal in July in some vain attempt at protesting how stupid this is, Blizzard just don’t seem to care. 3 weeks of not being able to play - that’s nearly £10 Blizzard have just blatantly robbed from me.

2 Likes

still no fix. come on blizz

1 Like

I was honestly keeping it cool on the first week after release. Like “well ok, they just released it. They’ll fix this in the next few days.” I put my resolution to the lowest, graphics at the lowest quality. Still impossible to play. Whatever you try, the game will crash. Impossible to do any dungeon, any pvp, any horrific vision. In the last two hours I basically wasted 10k coalescent visions by crashing in the middle of a horrific vision, crashed when doing a world boss in Uldum, and crashed when attempting to do a battleground.

Only moment where it didn’t crash was when doing the lame tortollan dailies. What a cool weekend ahead.

This is more than a simple problem, it’s just becoming literally disrespectful towards players.

3 Likes

Honestly man, I was just thinking the same as you like “Ok they will release, fix it etc…” and today nothing has changed since 8.3 except all mac users are gonna leave wow because they simply lost their money.
I keep hope for the future because I love wow and it’s my favourite game but there…I begin to feel so frustrated about that.

Please Blizzard, you have ones of the best engineers in your corporate. You would have already found an issue for us.

Dont’ let your macbook community die like this.

2 Likes

Blue update. TLDR version: don’t hold your breath.

FWIW: I tried decreasing particle density and still got the hard freezes. Maelstrom HoA scenario is the perfect place to demonstrate this.

Piece of sh%t.
You are bad AF blizzard.
You’ll go to hell. Being a trash at your job (2 weeks not able to fix a problem)
Being a trash. (stealing our money, can’t refund my sub for a game i can’t play)
F%ck you.

“uuhhhhh we can’t solve the problem we have 10IQ thx paying our salary, cause without that we are too bad to work on a Ztier mobile game compagny”

F%ck you soon it’s the end of my subscribtion (i can’t stop eaven if you are stoling my money with false advertising like, it’s a MMO RPG. it’s just a solo game where you can do daylies. Try to join a group and it crash. Wow is the worst solo RPG ever done.)
You owe us a lifetime subscription for the unpleasantness. But you are a trash compagny. SO you’ll ignore us.

Go on WE you lazy piece of sh%t enjoy your salary. You did nothing to deserve it.

10 min no answer what a stupid compagny. I’m still paying. It’s 5.30 but i’m paying. One of your useless employee should be here to answer my stupidest question.
9 Days to see the last one.
You are paid to be useless.

1 Like

I don’t know if this will help anyone, I have only just started having the problem as I game on my PC (I am away for the weekend with my 13" MacBook Pro 2019).

I have an external monitor, and if I leave the MacBook open, I freeze regularly (every few minutes).

• If I clamshell the MacBook Pro, the problem doesn’t occur out in the world, I still get issues in dungeons, but its slight. It doesn’t matter what graphics I have it set at.

• If I do have problems in a dungeon, by opening the MacBook Pro up and closing it again, it fixes the issue super quickly. I wouldn’t do anything super serious, but for the casual gamers out there, DPSing seems like it would be ok

Yep, I tried to reduce the particles and tried the other fix advice that is below and it still didn’t fix it.

Taken from the US forums
The workaround (may not work for everyone):
Exact settings
Graphics quality - 2 (Across the board)
Anti-Aliasing - FXAA High
Vertical sync - disabled
Triple buffering - Enabled
MSAA - None
Multisample Alpha Test - Disabled
Post Process AA - FXAA High
Resample Quality - None
Graphics API - Metal
Physics Interactions - Player Only
HUGE
Graphics Card - Intel Iris
(Make sure you SELECT your card and not use auto select, I don’t know why but it works)

This didn’t work for me

So after soon to be THREE entire weeks, I mean, this is NOT the Blizzard brand I or we used to know…

So after reading the latest blue post at the US forum I can only say this:
I dont really get how the fix will require you to work with apple/intel. you had a perfectly fine product before the code you implemented in 8.3 crashed it. So the problem is confined to changes that YOU made with the patch.

Froze for 45 sec today in Mechagon dungeon, “Lesser vision of Pandaland”, World quest despite doing all the info above by Aziraphale and the info on the latest blue poster.

And…From the sound of the last blue post, a fix won’t come any time soon.

1 Like

i was reinstall wow to my external disk and doesnt work:( in Ulduar after 10 min play crach and freez…

1E1E9F64-DCDA-4B58-837B-15DF13C04DB0
use this Blizzard…

can you link the post please

@ Yoyoyo

1 Like

tried the settings, thought it worked, felt smooth. tested it in mecha dungeon and as soon as we pulled the slime i froze and once it got unstuck i was kicked. so hopefully this temporary solution works better for y’all

Guys, I can’t believe it, but just had a crash in WC3 reforged :smiley: omg…
Decided to play it until it’s not possible to raid in WoW. At the 3rd mission for Human campaign just froze like in 30ppl aoe using in raid… -.-

1 Like

So after following this and the US thread, complaining here and on Reddit etc, I finally blew a few yesterday and submitted my own ticket out of frustration, so at the very least there’d be an official record that I was among those affected. Got the following response:

Indeed that is a terrible issue, and you can be sure that it is one of our highest priorities to fix this issue for the entire community that is affected.
Right now we have a temporary work around that helps with the issue considerably, however it is not our fix, the dev team is working on a hotfix as we speak, and as soon it is properly tested it will be deployed to the game.

The work around is to change the particle density in the game:

• Hit Escape
  • Click the System menu
  • Click the Particle Density option in the Graphics menu
  • Select None
  • Click Apply

This is a temporary fix while our team work in the permanent solution, once again, sorry for this problem.

I hope that I was able to at least clarify your issue, however if any further support is necessary in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

So seems like even though they don’t want to give an ETA, this GM at least thinks a fix is forthcoming…

the lowest option for particle density seems to be ‘low’, there is no ‘none’ option. so either he/ you meant ‘low’ or this is just no ‘fix’ at all.

btw., i’m already playing on low - still have the issues. sent my second ticket because this is getting ridiculous. my 30days playtime is running and i can’t play sh*t

4 Likes