Mac issues - CRASHING, LAGGING AND STUTTERING AFTER 8.3

Yes, setting particles to ‘low’ didn’t fix anything for me. (Likewise deselecting ‘auto detect’ in advanced graphics options as advocated elsewhere fixed nothing).

The best advice I can give is to play the game in windowed mode, because at least then if it does freeze you can usually quit the app without having to hard power cycle your machine.

tfffff guys!! again … my 2019 MacBook Pro (its sooo smoth) is freezing and a rainbow wheeled arrow starts to rotate. for the most part I would have to restart my laptop to try to play the game again. hella annoying.

1 Like

I’ve stumbled upon a fix - For some reason, if I have a Skype call running in the background, the crashes don’t occur. Since coming across this, I’ve tried running M+ as well as raids. I’ve been able to run them all without a single crash, with the exception that weirdly, opening the dungeon journal whilst in Ny’alotha crashed the game for me. This ‘fix’ is further confirmed by the fact that my game almost immediately crashed in a M+ when I ended my Skype call by accident.

My mac is a MacBook pro 2016 , 13 inch, 2.9GHz with Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB.
So what I’ve been doing is calling my own mobile from my laptop via Skype. Yes, it leaves you with a small cam on screen as you play, but way better than not playing at all! Hope this helps.

FYI, graphic settings are:
Fullscreen Window mode, 1920 x 1080 screen size and resolution
Texture Res: 2
Texture filtering: Trillinear
Projected Textures: Enabled
Everything else either disabled or lowest setting - Except Particle Density on ‘Fair’

Same problem, pretty much unable to complete any dungeons or world quests. My Mac is freezing and on the most part become unresponsive so i need to force a restart. Kicked from almost every dungeon I have been joining… Any ETA on a fix?

Windows users face similar issues - its not just Mac.
3 Weeks, no update, no planned fix date, no compensation, and the game still pretty much unplayable unless you wander the world outside of BfA.

AND ON TOP they deny me the payback on my pre-paid subscription

WTF Blizzard get your frekking act together!

2 Likes

Oh god pulling my hair out - just fix it or tell me if playing wow is over for me. Hating every day of this gameplay experience now.

5 Likes

Bye.

I’ll see if i come back if the compensation satisfy me.
And i’m hard to satisfy Specially with 3 week of BS where nobody is working on a problem who f%ck up an entire community.

1 Like

Couldn’t enjoy new activities - no Visions, no raiding for me, otherwise the game froze up to 90 seconds or sent my laptop into reboot.
My subscription has just run out, and I won’t be re-subscribing unless the game with its 8.3 content becomes available to all the paying customers on Mac.
I fell completely in love with this year store mount - the super cute rat, and was practically ready to shove my wallet into the monitor (that’s how it’s done, right?) Never happened though.
Please, Blizzard, please fix your game, so we, loyal paying customers, will shower you in our money yet again.

5 Likes

Still nothing? This is becoming a sick joke.

3 Likes

J’utilise un Imac et j’ai les mêmes problèmes.
(Je me suis rabattu sur wow classic en attendant…)
Le même donjon mythique avec la même configuration fonctionnait avant et maintenant cela crash après cette mise à jour N’Zoth.

So… I decided to go back to an alt that I hadn’t played in years, a level 63 Warrior, I logged in, went off to Northrend and… you’ve guessed it, the BEACHBALL OF DEATH appeared within seconds!

When you can’t even play a char that is almost half of a top level character and in an almost empty zone, what is the point!?!

1 Like

ZZZZZZZZZZ I CBA hopefully I’ve some insane friends carrying me for few bosses in raid and in few +10keys else I would’ve quit already

Guys, 2 bg’s completed, zero freezes! I haven’t changed anything either

I spoke too soon :frowning:

Only 12 freezes, three hard reboots and a whole lot of anxiety for me today.

2 Likes

I’ve done the same nonsense. Sent my diagnostic reports, explained what’s happening. “It will be fixed.”

Unfortunately, like all of you, I crash during intense periods like BGs, raiding, dungeons (mythic or normal) during visions (and lose 10,000 worth of work because it lags during the thrall fight), world PvP getting my weekly 25, walking around Boralus, standing in Boralus, standing in the Chamber, flying over Kul Tiras.
Basically utterly randomly. I’ve tried it with my externals monitor on my MacBook, and without. No improvement.

I cancelled my sub until it’s fixed. I can barely get through the 8.3 stuff in a day without a dozen freezes in two or three hours.
I didn’t want to pay for content I can barely do, and especially raid content I absolutely cannot do.
It sucks. I’ll resub once it’s fixed. Hopefully that’s before my current sub expires.

4 Likes

At this point I start to wonder if they ever find the issue or gave up trying to find it.

I noticed they pinned the big thread over at the US forum to have it at first thread, but yet again when its been soon 3 weeks I start to wonder if they will remove Mac/OS so the game won’t be playable for us any longer.

If we believe their last official response then they prob have to work with Apple and/or Intel to identify and/or fix the underlying issues. So in that way, they did not seem to have given up.

I have no issue on my Macbook Pro 15" which has a discrete graphic card, but since it’s currently away to be repaired I’m using a 13" spare with only the integrated Iris Pro and it’s basically unplayable on Catalina.

I managed to reinstall High Sierra on it and I have zero issues though, so it’s definitely something wrong with the graphic drivers on newer OSX versions. I doubt Blizzard can do much except trying to figure out what’s triggering the bug in the drivers and avoiding it, but the proper fix must be implemented by Apple/Intel.

Mac Earth calling Blizzard, come in Blizzard…

The sound of silence is deafening once more - mind sharing an update to this (according to Blizzard very small) Mac community who are paying for a service we can’t use ?

1 Like