Mage tower sucks nerf it

To paraphrase Ion “…frankly that’s a skill issue” ! Could not agree more! When do you step down from your job Ion Hazzikosta? Since you clearly lack in skill!

Sincerely,
Community

3 Likes

Why don’t you like the NPCs dying from a mage sneezing at them?
(it’s destroying my soul)

3 Likes

Me bashing my head against mage tower for 200 tries :joy:

4 Likes

The mage tower is a JOKE…Im trying to do the guardian druid one but dang… Can I ask Blizza since when does a Druid tank have to switch in and out of boomie form to ensure DPS was met?? Im sure that would go down well in raids…

Look up the Definition of Tank please Blizzard… Tanks are supposed “SOAK” damage not deal damage.

5 Likes

its because 9.2 is months away and mage tower is all u got until then so they cant keep it up permanently …

I will point out that neither Ion, nor Qwik/Mr. Ybarra have done the new release of mage tower. I don’t think Ion has even logged in his shaman in 4 months.

Now, if it was a boss Ion was progressing on we would see nerfs instantly. :wink:

Feels like the Druid tank challenge has had an undocumented damage nerf anyway. At the start of last week i’m sure the horrors were doing 6k a tick each in damage now its down to 1k a tick. Might just be my mind playing tricks after the 100’s of pulls I’ve done…

1 Like

A tank should not have DPS requirements, Why call it a TANK challenge when I have to spend over 50% of the fight NOT in tank form just to meet DPS requirements…

Does the healer one also require the healers to do damage???

1 Like

Yeah I agree with you.

People looked forward to this and a lot probably re-subbed for it. Blizzard are really shooting themselves in the foot by making it so impossible. Not good.

3 Likes

Yes.

10chars

Yes

10char

Basically in stage 7, if you dont kill the boss fast enough you wont have more space left in the room to stand in. So yes, u need to do damage. In stage 3 you dont even have npc’s to help you, you kill everything on your own and its on a timer.

1 Like

Well that seems dumb… MoP proving ground were WAY superior as a test of your actual role as tanks had to do just that and healers had to do healing and not so much focus on dps.

Seems Blizz are trying to merge all 3 roles into one.

6 Likes

Thats not true at all, your dps wasn’t significant but it always helped. Your job is to kill the boss using all the tools at your disposal, not “ahm a dps / tank / healer!”

1 Like

I dont mind, i’m used to doing dps as a healer and utilising my entire toolkit. But i think some of the challnges could do with a bit more tuning to not make it that tight.

2 Likes

Thats the point otherwise you wouldnt need tanks for raids or even healers come to mention it, How about if healers spent more time DPS,ing or druid tanks in boomie form were face tanking soulrender?

Would this work??

The game is designed around a Tank/Healer and DPS roles so why are we expected to do more than a specified role in a “Challenge” of a role?

What about if they gave the DPS Challenge an NPC who needed Healing?? Would the DPS be expected to Heal him ?? I would guess not so why do the healer and tank challenges have ANY DPS requirements to be met?

4 Likes

I’d say “why not both”, and then I realized that most vengeance DPS has been removed because it comes from borrowed power.

this.

1 Like

Typical “not mah jerb” attitude.

Like I said, your job is to kill the boss using all the tools at your disposal.

1 Like

Ok so lets add a mob which needs healing in a DPS challenge then ?

After all most classes can either use bandages or aimed healing these are tools and skills within the game to help you achieve a goal.

and it is a case of its not my job to dps otherwise why would we bother with DPS altogether??

Why not take 15 tanks and 5 healers to Mythic raid. ? After all tanks and healers can DPS too right?

1 Like