Make 3 changes to the game

We used to have it but it has now gone for no real reason :frowning:

2 Likes

I thought it couldn’t get better after Legion.
And so far I’ve been right, sadly.

Legion was the closest we’ve ever come to a perfect expansion.

1 Like

Add Tinker class with 3 roles.

Bring back dinars and personal loot like SL season 4.

Bring back class centric campaigns/story.

1: Return all removed content. Whenever replaced by revamp, add the old version with all it’s content as a new phase. This means Zidormi in capital cities → phase into no-fly pre-Cataclysm Azeroth → all pre-cata dungeons and raids will be there as they were. This should also include old Nax.

2: Add open world gameplay options for zone scaling and leveling speed. Make it an option to remove level scaling and give players the opportunity to pick an experience gain that fits better with their leveling speed preference.

3: Revert the character level squish nonsense, level 70 is to become level 140.

1 Like

He got shafted to push sylvanas forward

1 Like

I am aware of this weird phenomenon.

An undead canabalistic dragon mutated possibly by old gods what a terrible return that would be /s

The stable is a monumental pain in the hoop. I change demons / pets all the time to match mogs or just my mood at that time. With demons, it’s great because I can change them right there and then; with pets though, I have to go and find a stable and it can be a real inconvenience sometimes.

I could definitely get behind the re-designed pet system. I have faith that we may see something like that eventually.

Legion was magnificent. I just wish that I hadn’t started playing WoW towards the end of what I think is my favourite part of WoW history.

1 Like

By discovering WoW in Legion, you received the Thanos treatment.

A player who knows not what was lost, only what has been given.
A grateful playerbase.

Nothing weird about it.

It’s about fun. And I had a LOT of fun in Legion for various reasons.

I hope they lean into the class/spec fantasy more again in the future; that was just pure awesomeness imo.

I was there before. And what we ‘lost’ was worth it, a hundred times fold.

1 Like

I received the BfA treatment.

Thankfully, Dragonflight is restoring my faith in the game.

Yet they all had high engagement. That’s regardless of my personal opinion of them.

PvP is awful content for me. But you don’t see me being going into brat mode and demanding it’s removal. I’ve been forced to engage in PvP several times for PvE and it has not done anything to make me enjoy taking part in it.

However I am perfectly happy to accept that others find this content fun but there is zero reason to bash other parts of WoW just because you personally don’t like them. It’s as ridiculous as Classic players coming here going my game’s better than your game.

With class halls, new questlines and lore items, and new visual effects? Sure.

With removing half of my class’ tools and mechanics and dumbing it down to Fury warrior levels of depth?
I’ll pass.

“had”
Indeed. Had. They no longer do, which is why PvE is the real waste of time from a development standpoint.

PvP is still being played on Vanilla maps.
PvE content from 2 years ago is completely and utterly irrelevant: entire continents, dungeons and raids are sitting there, empty.

I don’t think you are stupid. So why would even think to claim old content in a PvE context would be relevant now.

Because those systems were executed poorly. They all have good basic premise, but tying them to unfun borrowed power mechanics killed all of them (except maybe warfronts; and I thought they were fun… the first few times. They just got boring and tedious very fast).

And the devs have finally realized that they should design more evergreen systems.
Which is exactly what they’ve been doing a lot more of in DF.

I think it’s because they design it in a way where after a patch/expansion it becomes either meaningless or an annoying hassle to do. Which is a shame imo, they could redesign some features and turn it into evergreen content. They could even improve it, take into account criticisms towards these features during the time when it’s current and then keep making it better. Personally I think features that come with an expansion and are then sort of phased out afterwards are regularly a massive mistake.

Unfun borrowed power mechanics? Hah!
I wonder which expansion introduced those in the game.

Wait, I found the culprit: Legion was a McDonald's meal

Yes, Dragonflight is fantastic so far, both for PvE and PvP players when it comes to designing systems.
Now, they just need to make the game more enjoyable for healers to solve the healer shortage thingy, and Dragonflight will basically be flawless as far as I’m concerned.

Yes, their approach to expansions is outdated.
They need to keep stealing ideas from Guild Wars 2.

Nope. Because Legion’s borrowed power was fun. A LOT of fun.

The issue, as far as I’m concerned, was never ‘borrowed power’. It was ‘borrowed power that wasn’t fun or engaging’ - like it was in BfA and Shadowlands.

Glad you’re enjoying it.
For me world content is still lacking. I thought the Time Rifts were a step in the right direction, but it needs more. I think removing daily Emissary quests was a mistake, for instance. I think not having more daily resetting WQs was a mistake.

But most of all; there should be more to work towards when it comes to world content.

1 Like

It was the same grindy and alt-unfriendly mess as BFA’s necklace.
And as I said in my thread, the issue with Legion is what it introduced. What it spawned.
Everything you dislike about BFA & SL can trace its roots back to Legion.

I agree. But like I said, they should just steal from GW2.
Every single low level map, even those from “Vanilla GW2” are still relevant and full of life today, because everything you do anywhere in GW2 is rewarding in some way.
There’s always a reason to “be there” and “do something”, and new expansions don’t make 95% of the old world irrelevant like WoW expansions do. As a result, you always meet other players in the world. Old maps never feel dead and empty, whereas in WoW, Zaralek is brand new and already dead.

-remove shuffle
-add 1 round 3v3 arena ruleset soloq
-meaningful class reworks for pvp and not just pve when some talents need to be changed for pve purposes