Make Blood Elfs Alliance <3

Is…Celes OK? Do we need to stage an Intervention of some type?

I did not call Orgrimmar confusing, just ugly.

Orc stuff is ment to be ugly!

Blizzard said no. Move on and let it go. Or Pla horde like we all do.

I want a lot of things too, sometimes it is not possible…deal with it!

I played ESO for quiet some time, but in my opinion weapons there look like plastic toys. :(((

Well, now I wonder why we are in the Horde then : ^)

Please don’t do this to me.

Fair enough.

I can’t provide links.
I will provide a source reddit linked by Steabra a couple of months ago:

Angelflavor:
“How far into development of bc did the team decide on blood elfs. At the time you where there, did they consider blood elfs as high elfs, or think of them as 2 different races?”

Alexander Brazie - Blizzard Game Designer:
"They were distinct pretty early on - the Blood Elf starting zone was one of the earliest pieces of BC content and was highly polished by the time we rolled into testing.

I do remember a certain poor 3d artist having to chop the Silvermoon city into pieces because it was so overloaded many GPUs would overheat just loading it.

OH - one thing I vaguely remember was that Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of asian players (either korean or chinese - I can’t remember which was live at that point) - where many remarked on the horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play."

This episode has become even more questionable at my eyes because of BfA.

I mean we have Saurfang hoping for Anduin to stop Sylvanas.
You have Anduin telling Saurfang he can’t sop her, not without his help.
You have Jaina changing her mind after Baine brought her brother.
Heck I read that Tyrande will be working with the Horde player in the next expansion, when she should want our hides for Teldrassil.

Surely the High elves could had considered Garithos a case of an exception, not the rule in the Alliance, couldn’t they ?
I mean they had Alliance assistance, when they fought the Amani.

Agree.
Where they came from with Silver Covenant and that third Windrunner sister , during Cataclysm (catastrophe expansion for me) is beyond me.

He’s Chritie Golden example of non toxic masculinity.

Couldn’t agree more.

Cheers.

The Blood Elves did actually not judge the current Alliance based on Garithos or Arthas, they were wary but open to negotiations. This is why we see a dwarven “diplomat” in Eversong Woods when you quest through as a Blood Elf.

The Blood Elves were quite open to the Alliance, even showing them around in very important buildings, explaining how the buildings work too.

This was back in TBC where the Sunwell was still destroyed, and the Arcane Sanctums were used to gather magic energies from the leylines so that the Blood Elves could use that to sate their addiction to magic.

Turns out that the dwarf was writing everything down and delivering it to Night Elf spies who then coincidently happened to be right next to an Arcane Sanctum that malfunctioned, so to the Blood Elves it looked like a total betrayal at this point. And of course, while the Alliance was looking to just be sabotaging, spying and invading while the Blood Elves were still incredibly weak, a member of the Horde came to help them… the forsaken.

Lor’themar reconsidered again later in MoP and opened talks with Varian… but then the Purge of Dalaran happened and that was appearantly the very last straw for Lor’themar.

It was only then that he finally decided that the Alliance could not be trusted at all. The Horde has it’s bad apples but atleast there is always someone within going against it, it was also against Garrosh Lor’themar decided that if his people were to be safe, the Blood Elves would have to pick up the fight themselves hence why they went to the Thunder Isle, to find: leverage against their Warchief.

It is a long, long history of betrayal.

Veressa came into the light back in 2001, I think. In the book Day of the Dragon by Richard A. Knaak. She came into lore a year before Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos released.

She with Rhonin were pet characters of Knaak.

The Silver Covenant started existed along with the Sunreavers back in WOTLK, both being elves who lived in Dalaran following it’s destruction.

1 Like

I do though…

No.

Bloodelves want nothing to do with a lame faction such as the alliance. Your leader suck and no one wants to be on the same side as dwarfs, gnomes or worgen. Ew lucky.

I’m so awesome I don’t need a faction.

NPCs come to me with quests and rewards and if i’m in a good mood I accept them.

Hah, yeah the weapons have somewhat more realistic proportions compared to WoW.

Was a bit strange to start playing ESO after WoW, found my first 2h and I was like, “What? It’s tiny!”

Pff… Dwarves and Worgen are awesome…

And how do Blood Elves breed anyway? They’re all female.

People still pull that 2007 joke ? I expected more of you.

1 Like

Pff… Then you don’t know me very well… Bad jokes, dad jokes and inappropriate jokes are my forte, to my wifes great regret.

And I’ll keep pulling “all female Blood Elf” jokes until Belf males get their long sought after beards and mustaches.

Clean and shaved it’s where it’s at,keep your facial hair for cave dwellers.

Or Void dwellers.

The Void Elf beards and mustaches are smexy.

The story about why the Belfs are not in the Alliance is one of the better and more believable ones the developers have come up with, and Lor’themar is one of the better characters because he repeatedly shows a willingness to stand by his own principles rather than blindly obeying the latest tyrant.

The Alliance did get the better allied race elf though. The Velf voices and combat sounds are much more tolerable than the noises the Belfs make (or at least the female ones) and the customisation options are much better than the race they’re based on, even if they only come in shades of blue and grey, as the belf skin tones always look too pink and fleshy to me. The Nightborne are really lacking in customisation options and anything that actually looks decent, even though their story for joining the Horde because Tyrande was too far up her own backside to be polite to them was also very good.