Many DPS classes completely useless

in comparison to dh everything is useless. I hope tuning will arrive soon

It may have just been fixed but it won’t retroactively affect data that has already been recorded.

Basically a number of specs who gained additional damage sources from their T31 set bonuses didn’t have support hooks attributed to those spells. If your set just added damage to existing spells it wasnt a problem but for BM and rogue the set actually creates new spells that are cast alongside your existing ones. There’s a GitHub floating around that has the full list with spell data quoted showing the lack of hook for each, I’m in bed right now so can’t find it.

Again I have to stress it’s not a WCL issue, it’s a blizzard issue. However since WCL can only record and interpret the game data as the game creates it. Incorrect input means incorrect output.

It’s still considerably more accurate than any real time analysis like details because that doesn’t have access to any attribution / support data at all.

I wasn’t talking about mythic+ I was talking about mythic raiding. Fights like Tindral and Fyrakk require specific damage patterns in large number to overcome them which some specs simply cannot provide at all.

there is point debating with peopel who are wrong and either intentional or untinetionaly spread nonsense.

its like if you woudl want to made debate with flat earthers.

sure you can but what exactly would be the point ?

There should come another balance patch next reset, lets hope they address the right things, because right now the balance is extremely off, the gap between some specs is way too much, that goes for Raid, M+ and PvP.

Many such cases. Very sad!

Play what you enjoy. If you can make it work and play it well it’s not an issue.

1 Like

it’s not just the balancing people don’t believe there are good players who can do enough dps with a c tier class so they don’t invite. i personally don’t play a meta class and suffer from it a lot. it makes the wait time between keys 2x-3x longer.

I pugged my last two 20s teleports this week on reset, I’m far from meta. I didn’t have any trouble getting into groups.

Ret is never meta. It’s always just middle of the pack. Having said that there are some Rets with some fat score out there atm. I’m never going to play at that level and it’s way beyond my comfort zone.

Obviously it depends what level you want to play at. If you are aiming for the season title/pushing a big high score, it is much better to play a meta class.

As an elemental shaman, I got the receiving end of the D , since MoP. Always bottom of the tier. At times, in Shadowlands, out dps`ed by tanks. However frustrating it is, I still play it for the class fantasy, the secret is finding a good and friendly guild who are not meta obsessed, and lets you enjoy raiding, my logs were 91% and was almost last dps on normal amirdrassil…
Metas are here to stay because of the rerollers keeping the game active

I see BM (and other classe) getting nerfs.

Which goes back to my, I’m not sure the logs are the issue here.

The BM nerf is 3-4% and specifically affected the part of the spec we noted isn’t being properly attributed to aug in logs before a few days ago.

If that were the case then the RWF would have willingly brought 2x of the worst DPS class in the game according to logs to every single raid boss.

Augs support hooks are broken for most if not all the new spells / abilities added in the 10.2 reworks, as well as new spells created for T31 set bonus functions.

The specs that were reworked in the 10.2 reworks launched in an overtuned state and needed taken down a smidge.

I think bliz under did all the nerfs specifically because the current state of aug makes it hard to get accurate data.

EDIT: Found it

As I posted earlier:-

I’m not aware of logs being bugged, they fixed an issue with Aug and BM Hunter are now testing a hotfix for the damage scaling issue:-

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/hunter-pet-damage-adjustment-coming-soon-today/1712637

Even that link you’ve given indicates any problem with logging was fixed. It’s not an issue now as I suspected. At least you were willing to provide info, which I appreciate.

I’m always happy to be wrong. But unless I’m misreading it that is saying everything was done. It’s funny that if I post anything, people will ask for a link etc and I’m always happy to provide but if I ask it of others I get sass :dracthyr_hehe_animated:. Not always ofc, some people are just as happy to provide info.

The big was fixed but as the bug was an issue with the data WCL could read, the fix isn’t retroactive to the data already uploaded so the performance metrics visible to players will still need time to filter out old data / acquire enough new data for a statistically significant sample size.

Also multiple things with rogue and dh still aren’t attributing.

I think it’s unreasonable for the data to be changed retroactively ofc. We just have to accept it as is for now.

However of the log statistics are gathered over a 2 week period for the charts, so it will soon be more representative and ofc anything we upload after the fixes. Obviously depends what format you use to look at the information.

There’s also just the absolute pile of things in there for other classes than hunter, as well as the rather disconcerting comments regarding pet attribution in situations where pets are being revived, such as dungeons.

Honestly from a process PoV I’m disappointed that almost every new spell added with 10.2 reworks and T31 sets had no aug support hook. Makes me wonder if this will be the standard going forward that things will just release not working properly when aug is involved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.