Many people only recently found out that cloning service is no longer available

Keep in mind it’s legally their character, not yours.

Keep in mind you pay blizz, not the other way around.

Good communication is something that should be a priority. That you lot defend blizzard is hilarious.

2 Likes

And I doubt people would pay money to clone their characters to then still dead Era. Now the Era isn’t dead and suddenly people want their deck down toons back.

3 Likes

The vast majority of players would have seen it as spam email as they play on retail or TBC/Wrath.

I only give people the posts Blizzard have and say if they wanted their characters on both they should have paid for it then. Most people who want it are fair weather players anyway.

Again, saying that chars were deleted its purely speculative. Blizz says one thing and does the other. Anyway this time around I am out but will keep an eye for events that are due to develop over the course of next months, maybe Blizz will reinstate it. Which they really should considering that we all put our time and money into it.

Also my personal circumstances have changed so I am not in position to raid like I was few years back.

1 Like

No, it’s not, I linked 3 places where they say it’s gone in post 4. You must be sitting there, fingers in ears, eyes closed humming very loudly to yourself.

How can they when the data is “Permanently deleted”? Blizzards words not mine.

1 Like

Blizz said many things like never having Vanilla again. Then charging extorionate for cloning at first which upset everyone (yes, I remember that one) then they climbed down on price.

Then wanted real names for forums like wtf. Of course also u-turned. Just few bits on top of my head.

So yes Blizz says a lot.

1 Like

My god, how many times do I have to say it? Classic 2019 is not the same as Classic 2004/5? They used the legion client in 2019 not the original one.

NO, they changed it before it was released, it never was available at the high price.

They cannot U-turn

THE DATA IS GONE, PERMANENTLY DELETED

You are listing things that can be changed, this cannot.

If Blizz said unicorns were real would you also believe? Don’t answer that please. Also I don’t appreciate you replying to me unless you got something constructive to say. Whenever I make an arguments, this guy deflects it tHEy aRE DEleTed, deAl WiH EEET!

1 Like

You are the one believing unicorns are real, in denial of the actual facts.

I can reply where I want. You aren’t making arguments, you are in denial. Even with the proof I have given, you seem to think it’s some big conspiracy, wait, now I understand it. Are you sure the aliens don’t have the data?

2 Likes

Those of us who did stay in Era made a huge effort for months to post around and make people know about how Era was alive and a viable WoW option. We made an effort to let people know it cost 5 Euros to clone the chars for a while.

There are not just the Blizzard posts - there are multitude of reddit posts, youtube videos, and threads in this very forum. SO the information was out there available. Only explanation as to why it wasn’t seen is simply the fact Era wasn’t even an afterthought for many.

Now the question is, did the people that didn’t know about the service being discontinued, ever planned on returning? Would you ever have considered the idea of coming back if Era was not at its current successful state?

In my opinion, if people are gonna make decisions because they really enjoy the game, they will start off from level 1 (like many have done) and contribute to a community that they, for whatever reason, left.

If however the decision is merely based on hype, I would suggest you wait for SoM2.

18th of May marked 2 years of the release of Era. 2 full years mate. That does not qualify as “a while” in my book.

4 Likes

So you don’t wish for @Dottie to reply to you unless “something constructive” is said…is it really because Dottie lacks reasonable arguments or just say something that goes against what you believe in?

I remember those, videos of people talking about cloning option with videos, reddit posts, forum threads, tweets etc…did people miss that out or are they trying to retrieve their characters because in this day and age Era is trending?

All your explaining is pointless. People just want access to their charaters that they spent time making. Thats reasonable and fine. If Blizzard dosen’t want to do it I’m sure there are other companies that are happy to welcome some new customers.

2 Likes

I’m sure about that as well. I played other games and specifically other MMORPG’s before WoW, i played GW2, FF14, ESO, damn i even tried Everquest and i ended up here.
I’m sure that people WoW to try other games all the time and some might even come back.
Nobody has a contract to stay here forever.

That is completely understandable that people want that. But it is not possible anymore.
I also want my vanilla chars moved to Era. But just because I want does not make it an option.

2 Likes

I don’t think it was even their first thought, they just didn’t bother even thinking about it.

I don’t think so, they thought it would be empty forever.

My arguments are reasonable and logical, I even supply proof but some people just won’t accept it and are in denial, the first stage of grieving. I do believe that people can grieve for their characters.

3 Likes

Ofc people didn’t want to spend money to clone a character to a dead realm. Realms have been dead until the recent surge when people got tired of wrath. And ofc people want to spend money now to get their old chars back. Why would that be a bad thing for any of you? I don’t really care myself, but I’m one of those nutcases that love leveling. But it is obvious that they should’ve kept clones. It is not about server capacity. I have character still available that haven’t been played since 2010, so that’s not an argument. What it was, was a cash grab by blizz. They caught some people at tbc release for the £15 clones. Then a bunch more when they announced they were deleting clones. FOMO is strong

4 Likes

In my opinion, one of the best arguments I have read on the subject.
/salute

1 Like

Whether it would be a bad thing or not is irrelevant at this point. The clones are permanently deleted.

And you are right, Blizzard is all about cash grab. Which fact alone should tell you that the clones are really gone - otherwise Blizz would be asking a $15 fee for restoring them yesterday.