Many people only recently found out that cloning service is no longer available

Yes I know the clones are gone. I simply explained that people expressing interest now when realms are buzzing again is only logical. And that choosing not to clone back in tbc, was also logical. I mean, why pay £15, to have a character just sit in a login screen?

That people are expressing interest is logical. That they refuse to believe official blizzard statements however is not.

1 Like

Here is the thing bro i did bother to pay for clones while i was blackmailed back then from blizzard that they will delete all my characters if i dont, so i did. Some ppl did not and got characters deleted, i feel this is unfair for both. HOWEVER community have filled up with retail ppl that hate the idea of the original community return back to game because the will be casted out once again, as the majority of ppl playing classic era are retail ppl, they are just afraid losing the community to original classic era community if they come back, hence they refuse grudge and dont want no matter what the clone service to get back, A: because they gonna be outplayed B: because they gonna be outnumbered C: because they gonna be dethroned. Ppl want clone service im pretty sure its doable if blizzard wish to do it regardless of what ppl say, its just the community currently playing the game that they are not old timers classic community players dont want actual community to get back in the game.

2 Likes

That’s getting close to a wall of text, sent from a phone right?

It’s what Blizzard say that means it’s not possible, not normal people like us.

Should it come back, yes, can it come back, no.

Wow, you managed to put retail into this. 10/10 stupidity. Maybe you should move to Broken Few? They like to talk about retail and sending people back to retail 24/7.

All those wannabies want to clone, jump into naxx and grief those that griefed them when they tried leveling to 20… Such heroes, such experts on the game.

Naxx guilds on our cluster are full for their long lasting raid groups so dont expect freebies and open arms.

Sorry, but that is just nonsense. I haven’t played retail since 2019 classic was released, not even been installed on my pc since then & I would guess (note - I am not stating it as fact here, just a guess), that a majority are similar.

On another note anyone who pays their subs can play whatever they want, regardless of other players opinion on what they do, or should play. I just happen to prefer the older versions of the game as opposed to the later versions.

Back on track to the topic title. If you want to return to play classic era, roll a new character - that is your current & only option. Not an opinion, fact.

2 Likes

Why do you care about people complaining? How does this hurt you in any way/shape/form?
If you cloned yourself and is now sitting with a T3 geared toon, woulnd’t it be nice to have geared raid buddies or competition? I really don’t get the gatekeeping…

2 Likes

It’s probably sitting in cold storage as of now, and will come back once the classic era wave has ended.
Fixes and changes often come once people have stopped asking for them, like with chronoboon.

3 Likes

Just becuz a post is long dont make it better just say:

Its gone sorry not sorry cry more

1 Like

I’m trying to understand you, I really am, I’m trying to figure out what part of

PERMANENTLY DELETED

You don’t understand.

At least the token offered them a little distraction from their daily worries.

Actually they retired cloning service because they thought they needed with force to unify people when WotLK comes on a few servers so those are megaservers that will stay full from start to end.
The question is if it really helped or if it whas so supporting as a gastrokopie being funny.

1 Like

Deleted data. Yeah. The same thing has been said about the game we play today, remember? As an excuse why it won’t happen.

1 Like

The game we play today is built on the Legion engine, not the original one. They basically rebuilt it from scratch.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how many people try to use that argument about Blizzard still having the 2004 server software and not knowing it’s based on Legion server software.

The server software had hundreds of small updates so it didn’t resemble the earlier software. Not everyone saves copies of software after every little update, they would have hundreds of back ups and that would get confusing.

I thought they used the old MPQ (I think) software to look at how they made it from an old disk possibly to convert to the new system, editing anything that went funky.

They have repository history (but not reaching OG vanilla) and regular backups to multiple sources, some far away from the site. But that’s beside the point - having the older code and supporting it or running a service out of it are two different things.

1 Like

Keeping a backup of a software code is one thing, keeping a backup of user data is entirely different.

No I don’t remember they said that. Can you come up with a source for that please?

What they said was they were not able to get a complete set of code for client, server, maps, quests etc. for the exact same version - tagged in same checkin. That is something completely else.

Blizz removed my post you have replied to because it was ofensive/inappropriate and whatnot? Do you remember what I said by chance? I got short memory :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think it whas you thought it whas just for increasing profits while I tried to say to you that they only thought about helping the actual and returning players but as they so forgot about doing e-mail notifications good intentions are not always equal good job.

1 Like