Massive FPS Drops.. game's stuttering, nothing works

Multiplane Overlay.

Disabling MPO might help some people on AMD cards, but that’s an issue beyond just WoW. If you only have issues with WoW, it doesn’t help anything on the pop-ins and stuttering.

1 Like

The stutter isn’t just caused by loading nearby player data.

I already tried caching the entire WoW folder (all 86GB of it!) in RAM before starting the game and while general load and startup times were WAY better than from SSD it made not much difference to the stutter at all.

Maybe it’s having to compile textures for that new data or something as well and that causes the stutter, but it’s not just simply a stutter while it gets data from SSD into RAM.

1 Like

Any new updated yet? Remember we pay to play gameonline so please stop taking way too long else give us free to play at least 2-3 months because of you Blizzard.

6 Likes

Can we use sound yet or is the game still broken?

Game still stutters.

Indeed it still stutters, even with sound off.

2 Likes

I really do wonder, the people who insist that we can do anything to soothe or fix this, what do they say about my experience of having good days. No stutter, no fps drop, no massive memory usage, nothing. Smooth as a butter.

There was no change in my setup with those days. And since over a week or so now, the problem got worse and no good days. And the top of it, seemingly more people are noticing/having issues now. Something got way worse.

Pawg on US, and few here really trying to find solution on our side, and (at least in EU) I see that it comes from good intentions, but this will not be solved by us at all.

Update: Just logged in after yesterday I cancelled my sub and wrote all this today. And I’m having a “semi-good” day, the stutters are bad, but not like the bad I had. I can’t even. Hahaha.

My non-offensive reply got deleted, that’s neat. Good to know the communication about the issue flows freely.

You probably got caught by the automoderator for being a relativly new poster (only 5 posts).

If you go back and reedit the post too much, or hit certain keywords, or your post is “too long” as a new poster, it gets automoderated and held for a Community Manager to review.

Since it is currently the weekend, there are probably no Community managers working, only the support staff.

Without notification it’s great to figure out. But also, it should count as account, I posted before with other characters, this was just chosen by default when I looked up the problem.

But back to the topic, it was about that I would like to know what is the opinion of those people who try to solve it on our side (malicious intent or not, looking at you US), about the good days without any stutters what I had. No stutter, hyper memory usage, etc.

Because to me it only proves that this can’t be solved on our side at all, it’s truly the game’s fault. So debating about recommended specs are futile.

Maybe if Microsoft buy Blizzard they’ll improve the dev team to a point that they’re capable of fixing this problem. :smiley:

2 Likes

Microsoft recently did a firing purge of 10k people, so can hope most from Blizzard gets sacked.

Edit: in the future, when the sale goes through (that’s for you repliers). Man, some people…

i dont know if anyone else noticed that game flikers all time like the fresh rate is broken up or something. Since i m not noticing the same blinking in other games so i have no idea if is just me who noticing those things.

1 Like

Microsoft doesnt own ActiBlizz and can’t fire people there. With legal issues rising up the deal may even be blocked.

Love the number of people who see one report in the news that Microsoft wanted to buy ActiBliz, and suddenly equate that to Microsoft owning ActiBliz.

The sale was blocked due to on-going legal issues. ActiBliz still own themselves.

nothing new i suppose ?

10.05 tomorrow. Will see did Blizzard take us seriously.

Not unless they have updates that’s currently not on the PTR.

I hear Nvidia rolled out a new driver update this morning. Can anyone confirm if this fixes anything?