Massive FPS Drops.. game's stuttering, nothing works

The only way this makes sense is if your SSD does not have any cache… one of those super cheap ones :slight_smile:

i had beta on HDD and it was terrible … so duno how this might work but any feedback is welcome

It can’t be caused by Ryzen CPUs only. I’m working on Intel CPU and I have same problems.

2 Likes

it has nothing to do with CPU, stop spreadding bs

the stutter on pop ins is 100% caused by shader caching so it is your video cards driver that is the issue, maybe ask Nvidia instead to update it

Im using gtx 1050,i5 4690,8gig ram and samsung 860 evo ssd and everything is fine.No stuttering,running on 7 with 60 fps in most cases everywhere.My pc is strash and old as hell.

Its just your pc,nobody cares if its 4090ti,you prolly fuked up something,its not their fault.

so shouldnt an older version solve it ?

so thousands probably more, have their performance tank in the sink as soon as 10.0 hit the servers, and somehow its their fault ? You understand how absurd that sounds

2 Likes

Ye thousands of people who buy pc and cant even update their windows properly just like my friend,but has a beast pc.How come i dont have problems with such trash pc and milions of others because i see only few threads complainng about performance.

Stop with the bs man, I used same driver day before AND after pre-patch hit. Both on AMD and Nvidia GPU, and the stutters, pop-ins and longer loading times happened.

1 Like

I’m having big issues as well, it seems that my WoW has gone from using about 2,500 MB of RAM to using about 4,000 which rapidly climbs to 5,000 and so on and so forth until eventually it causes my computer to blue screen. It can’t be an addon with a memory leak as all of my addons are uninstalled. At the same time I can play Overwatch 2 on high graphics for hours and ESO can be played on max for hours and nothing happens, so I’m suspecting the issues are on WoW’s side with this.

Edit: Also just discovered the game runs normally in old zones and then RAM spikes in new ones.

have you tried clean install with safe mode and DDU?
come back when you did and tell me how it fixed the stuttering, moron

just do a clean install with the video card driver, it doesnt even matter which version, stop being retards for once, run windows in safe mode and use AMD cleanup utility, Display Driver uninstaller or whatever, just unplug your internet before

There’s a 1200 post thread about this on the US forums where people have tried everything to resolve the issue and it doesn’t work. I myself have tried the 'solution’s you just listed.

In the new area a lot of us are experiencing stuttering that’s ruining the game. It’s clearly an issue with the engine itself and not countless peoples hardware that worked perfectly fine a week ago in the old areas.

Hope you get banned on the forums, fool. I sell prebuilt PCs for a living and all of the PCs have stutters, pop-ins etc. on WoW only. For real, hope you have a very nice evening and nothing bad happens to you.

5 Likes

Dragonflight pre patch was released 25th October, since then Nvidia relased four drivers. Had every single one. All of them been installed using DDU. Have stutters no matter which driver been installed including latest 527.37.

On the side note I’m going to report you and flag your posts for insulting people.

3 Likes

so then complain at Nvidia forums not here, zero stutter on AMD after i installed the new driver, clown

do you mind making a video then to show this ? i really start to think that many live with it.

We dont talk about low fps, but of drops …

you can get 200+ fps it doesnt matter the game effectvily freezes for a fraction of a second you even lose mouse control during that freeze, its a problem with caching, same thing as in Call of Duty

its so easy to prove i’m right, go try changing to dx11 and your stutter will go away

I’ve tried it with DX11 on the latest drivers and there is constant stutter. I appreciate that it may not be impacting you but please don’t downplay the issue.