Microsoft buys activision/blizzard

On the larger topic, I am overall feeling positive about this acquisition. Generally, I look at these types of deals with huge skepticism, but Microsoft has demonstrated in recent years that they are able to treat their IPs right. They’ve also demonstrated that they aren’t constantly chasing the next “billion dollar” IP, but rather, are interested in enhancing their platforms. Smaller titles contribute to that end.

At least Microsoft gave a nod to StarCraft in their announcement, something Blizzard has not done in years.

Also, “smaller titles” can become “big titles”.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier on however what is this game pass subscription - just reading it on BBC news - thank you

“… Microsoft say they are working to bring Activision Blizzard games to their Game Pass subscription service”
… would pc type games be under this subscription type?

There are already a few PC-only games on Game Pass if that’s what you’re asking. Also, I am not necessarily against porting WoW to console as long as it does not sacrifice game depth. FFXIV seems to have done that pretty well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard already has internal test builds of WoW running on consoles, but maybe haven’t nailed down the UX yet.

2 Likes

Is Bobby Kotick actually Murozond? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Xbox Game Pass is optional. It is basically like a subscription for lots of games you can access in exchange for money. Like Disney+, Netflix, EA Play and such.

You won’t need it if you buy games directly, but WoW will require probably later Game Pass or direct sub to play and full-price buy of DLC as usual.

Edit: In short, you get a lot of games “rented” when having the game pass, rather than buying them all seperated. Very cheap, good service, works splendid. Did use it for a long time in the past.

3 Likes

I believe he is not even that. He is just gone. Reduced to Atoms

Thank you

I do have some reservations as to how good it would be on a console - if it goes that route, fingers crossed lots of testing is done … :+1:

Many thanks for the explanation - understand more now :+1:

Guess don’t need to think on it too much now, as nothing will change for the short term - guess next year is another matter!

2 Likes

It’s just funny given Spencers words about Kotick not long ago, and then of course Koticks usual lies about how ‘allegations are taken seriously’ but when the lawsuits started he was the one calling them false. Didn’t even have the backbone to sign it under his name but had someone else send out that email too.

The fact Spencer went back on that so quickly, along with Mike Ybarra being the specific one to be chosen and then them not paying Jen O’neal and having her leave because they wouldn’t give equal pay? Microsoft gaming at least is not to be trusted.

2 Likes

we’ll just get another soulless ceo, because they’re all soulless when it come to buisness

Maybe Ybarra was MS agent with role to prepare the field? :scream:

And there you have it.

Bobby Kotick Expected to Leave Activision Blizzard Following Sale to Microsoft - Wowhead News

3 Likes

Please, I hope not.

cheers fam, ill put on my tintfoil hat right now too

Xbox already started Twtich stream about StarCraft 2 :slight_smile:
Watch it here:

So that means we can play WoW for much cheaper maybe they’ll put it on Game Pass only for 1$ who knows :slight_smile:

Seeing how disappointing AoE4 is, not sure how much to expect from that. My eyes are on Company of Heroes 3 now. If that blows too there’s little hope left for nice RTS follow ups.

i like the campaigns , but thats about it xD

I dont think WoW on the pc will dissapear so easily :slight_smile:

1 Like