Mistweaver buff request

They are really struggling in comparison to other healers. How about some love blizzard.

54 Likes

This so much
I don’t know why but i always run out of mana at 50% bossfight in hc.
when i try to conserve mana i have low healing.
In Nyalotha i was a god, now other healers feel so much stronger.

8 Likes

ya

filler filler

Yea the spec just feels too vulnerable especially in PvP. I feel like the enemy team rejoices when they see a MW. We have been the most gutted class and lost so many good spells. The spec isn’t the same anymore. I don’t know why we still can’t use FB or caccoon in stuns? Like we’re literally the easiest thing to kill after we use trinket. Even after rogue nerfs we are still one shottable in dr stuns.

1 Like

In PvE I am doing fine. I usually top other healers in the raid. We aren’t bad in PvE at all. We are awful in PvP. If you have mana conserving issues then you just need to use your rotation more effectively. I am pulling 4.5k hps on some boss fights. PvE monks are decent but PvP is the complete opposite. We are so underequipped to deal with switches without trinket.

Yeah.
I agree MW is bad in pvp and I think it sucks in m+ too. As of right now there are only 10 mw monks in the first 200 healers on the raider io leaderboard. We need to remember hps isn’t everything. Shamans and Druids have so much more utility. Why take a mistweaver when you could get a class that brings soo much more to the table.

For example shamans have INTERRUPT, BLOODLUST, Purge, Earth Elemental Totem, Capacitator totem, Slow totem, Tremor totem, Movement Speed Totem(optional), CR Totem(optional), hex, reincarnation, cd to move while casting. Druids have utility that is almost as good as shamans and paladins/priests are still better then MW.

I thought it might just be me but I’ve read the forums on EU and US quite a bit now and on top of lacking utility we are also generally the worst healers at preserving mana.

:’(

1 Like

as for pve, hmonks are fine. if you find yourself out of mana, maybe try understanding how to optimise your mana spending, and reduce overhealing. looking at the logs for castle nathria, monks have a sweet spot atm and are desired in raids for their unique raid healing cooldowns.

Tbf, all the healers in my raid tend to go OOM right alongside me. Dunno how this will change with higher gear/content, but it’s fairly consistent across classes so far.

Running with fistweaving talents and Ancient Teachings legendary, and our moonkin to innervates me regularly, which gives me some mana conservation as well as minor regen.

Certainly won’t say no to some improvements to our utility and mana use though. Ring of Peace is too valuable not to have and should therefore be baseline, for a start.

funny because we were the worst healer by like 15% in the top 1000 mythic maut parses there were like 3 mistweavers

3 Likes

Its different in PVE where you can stand still and heal aside from maneuvering every now and then to avoid some mechanic. PvP is a whole other ballgame. Everyone including the pros agree mistweaver is the weakest healer in the meta right now. There is no argument about that whether you watch skill capped or any other known channel.

2 Likes

Baseline: Memory of Lucid Dreams for Mistweavers please :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This. I never stopped using Lucid Dream from the day I got it, it was
 just barely enough.

Pairing it with Maut’s trinket finally gave me the mana to sustain through heroic N’zoth.

1 Like

It cut you some slack at least, at some point I didn’t even need to use Mana Tea efficiently to still have about 30-60% mana left using Memory of Lucid Dreams and the Maut Trinket.

On Normal and HC I didn’t even need to use more than Memory of Lucid Dreams and on Mythic I pretty much used both on cooldown.

Even a slightly weaker version of the Essence would be a big deal.

yep we need some help

1 Like

Wotlk player here and didnt play monk pre-shadowlands but i know something is wrong. I just managed to enter slightly above 1600 mmr in 2s after playing ~300 matches. I see many people complain about mana efficiency or healing throughput. I would say it isnt really a problem. Yes we are a little bit worse than other healers but its still good enough. The problem is with survivability and not being able to do any dmg to help a partner to exert a pressure. As a “melee healer”, monk definitely should be tougher and should do more dmg with his abilities. Its more risky, to get into melee range and try to kick or punch someone, so it should be rewarded approprietaly.

I like playstyle for monk and i see great potential with this spec, but currently its not so much fun in arenas. I would see it it even more adhd playstyle, just like rogue, but as a healer.

Anyway, i have some sugestions how mw could’ve be boosted (Blizzard read this carefully and learn):

General:

• every hot have a x% chance to activate Gust of Mists
  • replace Mystic Touch dmg bonus with damage reduction for monk; gives 5% dmg reduction for 10s, stacks 3 times; at full stacks heals for 15% dmg dealt
  • Teachings of the Monastery buff time increased to 30s

Soothing mist:

• moving while channeling
  • channeling for full duration give a shield for x% of max hp for a monk
  • without this short gcd so we can do instant Vivify/Enveloping Mist

Tiger’s Lust:

• range increased to 30yd

Spinning Crane Kick:

• gives x% chance to deflect incoming abilities from any ally in area

Rising Sun Kick/Blackout Kick:

• +15-25% dmg

Ring of Peace:

• deflect all abilities from outside of ring or not able to target (like Smoke Bomb for rogue)

Revival:

• dispell debuffs without specifing monk as a invoker (should work as Healing Sphere where dispelling eg. UA, doesnt return back dmg/silence to monk)
  • give 95% dmg reduction for 1sec
  • usable while stunned

Renewing Mist:

• give 2% dmg reduction for every tick (20% at peak, or 30% with Thunder Focus Tea) removed when dispelled or ended; casting once again will start stacking from zero

Life Cocoon:

• usable while stunned
  • cd reduced to 1min but reduce time to 6-8s
  • replace 50% more healing with 25% dmg reduction
  • stun/slow/silence enemies for 2sec in 8yds when destroyed
  • if not destroyed, remaining absorb is spreaded to all allies in 20yd as heal

Chi-Ji:

• gives 25% chance to avoid any incoming dmg

Diffuse Magic / Dampen Harm / Fortifying Brew:

• usable while stunned

Touch of Death:

• remove that activation time gap
  • increase range to 15yds

Transcendence: Transfer:

• usable while stunned
  • gives x% speed boost

Song of Chi-Ji:

• shorter cast time
  • faster traveling

Jade Serpent Statue:

• can proc Gust of Mists

Expel Harm:

• incrases charges to 2
  • when using consumes all available charges
  • when consuming 2 charges makes you immune to cc for 2 sec
8 Likes

I think hmonk needs some love. Tho it aint full garage. We still got The hps. But our utility is weeker compared to other healer. And our mana cost is ridicoulous. I think with the right party ( ppl Who know show the monk works) i think its fine. The range on dps leggo is 20 yards. Aslong ppl dont STAND in s*it and keeps in range of the 20yards its alot easier.

I can live with the stare of monk now. But there is NO reason for a m+ group to pick a MW. It has a high skillcap and weeker compared to other healer.

A thing blizzard could do is to boost our dmg by 100%. So we atleast bring the dmg. That would make the party to choose the mw healer for the dmp output before the safe healing.

P, s im not a high rated player. This is just my thoughts. But Who am i. Just a man Who loves the monk and its playstyle.

3 Likes

I can’t understand why our damage is so low, tbqh. We’re expected to get into melee, handle additional mechanics, and we’re not even rewarded with being on-par with disc priests.

this sums up my feelings for MW in general. as a class with no raid utility I’d expect us to have massive healing output, or survivability so we can soak, or anything really. but no. do your rotation flawlessly on an ideal fight and you still can’t catch up to shaman or priest. why even bother?

Annoyingly, that was WW in 8.x :frowning: It is how Blizz treats monks. High skill cap, no actual high performance if you put in the effort.

bump coz we need dem buffs

2 Likes