Mistweaver buff request

All good my friend. In the end you’re just a spaz anyway. Got nothing to proof for you, but I’m glad you took your time to check my profile. :slight_smile:

Stop being an elitist when you’re just nr. xxxxxxx in a game of a few million. Get a grip.

Thank you for showcasing why no one takes the officials forum seriously.

The moment you started bashing people’s head in, it was showcased. You continue that elitist attitude while accomplished nothing. :slight_smile: Enjoy that 1900 rating or whatever sewer rating you were on. Much Love <3 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure what my PvP rating has to do with anything, considering I only PvP for 220 loot.

Enjoy being stuck in Heroic and whining about a spec you can’t play anyway.

I don’t even bother to raid, if you read what I wrote a few posts back. I just read through forums. All I see is a frustrated nerd talking down on people for no reason. :slight_smile: some being a spastic, act normal so everyone can get along. :slight_smile: You enjoy that 1800 rating that you try so hard for, while I don’t even need to try PvE so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, 51 wins out of the 79 2v2 games I’ve played means I’ve tried so hard.

Not sure why you are going after my PvP rating though. Seems to me like you have no argument to anything I’ve said, so you are just grasping at straws to win whatever imaginary argument you’ve got going.

I don’t even bother to raid

This is a really funny quote. “I don’t even bother to raid” yet you speak about MW balance in PvE despite not actually playing it. What a genius.

If you are the top healer on your raid, let me tell you something … your other healers on the raid are probably have no idea about healing with their classes… And i’ve checked your guild and you are around 2/10 H on castle i guess so. With this current meta unfortunatelty it is imposibble to get in a race with a shaman , priest , paladin healer… you can have a spot on the back line with druids and maybee u can jump front some other new learner disc. priests… but with shaman and paladin. Hell no … no way. This spec needs to get some serious improvements for both m+ and raid. First hand they have to reform the mana costs of some spells like Vivify , Essence font , enveloping mist . They have ridiculous costs now. And on the other hand I’m pissed of meta people whose is looking for resto shaman only any m+ dungeon list. There are two text walls on this system " Rshaman only H pala only " … I’m not gonna play those two class for healing. I wont be a meta-dog… And if I have to , yea im gonna unsub my account until these things gonna have some solutions.

2 Likes

MW does very comparable HPS to the other healers.

We’re fine for raids and m+. Not the best, but perfectly fine. We don’t need “serious improvements”.

I’ve said it a million times before but I will say it again: If you are having mana problems then it’s because you probably play upwelling. Rising Mist is a lot better, and saves you a lot of mana throughout a fight.

Hmm oke then i have another suggestion… Blizzard delete upwelling from talent tree and monk will only play Rising mist… how about that … all monks should play at one style… no need any kind of MW monk… Only one type. Seems fair. Thanks for your advice

Hi,
First of all, wp for being a good player and thank you for giving tips on how to play MW better.

but
I dont understand why you are getting so annoyed at people who want mistweaver monks to be a stronger spec.
Yes you can manage to heal high keys if you and your team are good. That doesn’t mean the class is ok and doesn’t need any changes. I’d like to poing out that you are ahead of most people when it comes to gear/skill/teammates, but you have to think about more average players.

I will make a list of healer utility spells, I’ve made one before but I’d like it to be on this forum as well.

Shamans: BLOODLUST, INTERRUPTS, Capacitator totem, Purge, Earthgrab totem, Totemic Revival, Earth Elemental, Tremor totem, Earthbind totem, Hex, manatide totem.
Druids: COMBAT RESS, Typhoon, Bash, Soothe, Vortex, Cyclone, Roots, Roar,
Priests: POWER INFUSION, Mind soothe, Leap of faith, Mass dispell, Aoe Fear, Mindcontroll, Shining force slow, fortitude.
Paladins: BoP, Divine (I’m including these because they can bypass mechanics), Repentance orBlinding light, Auras, hammer, cc’s for cerain mobs.
Monk: Sap, AoE Stun, RoP, Mystic touch, Tigers lust, transcendence(like %1 use it in m+ prbly).

If all hps/dps was the same, is RoP really worth choosing over the other healers?
I don’t think so.

Yes, we are really mobile, but a druid is almost as mobile as us. In fact most druids are night fae so they are probably as mobile as us. So we aren’t even the only most mobile healer.

Holy paladins/Disc priest %100 will do more damage if they are at the same skill and gear level as a mw monk. A druid will probably do more dps with boomkin/cat affinity + convoke. So we beat holy priests in damage. Hoorray!!!

Moving on to raids.
YES, we ARE underrepresented hence lower number of logs. But there is a reason people are choosing the other specs over MW monks.

YES, we can do amazing healing with Yulon. While every healer will be sipping coffee watching random videos or texting their friends, you will be talking to druids asking for innervates at specific times. Yes, good people will probably be using some sort of voice but still, it sucks that you NEED innervate to make the most out of your own cd. This isn’t so much of a complaint but I just wanted to point out you need to work more with others to make stuff work. Some people might even enjoy this.

Revival, meh. I guess it can be pretty strong if you are also dispelling stuff.

But the other healer specs also have awesome raid cooldowns. I guess monks should be able to get a spot in raids since most raids take 4 healers. But Disc/RestoSham/Rdruid/Hpal is probably the most used healer team. For heroics 2-3-9 and 2-2-6 will probably have less use for MW, you might not even get an innervate.

I dont really do much PVP and it seems everyone is on the same page so yeah.

So
Would it really be so bad to at least buff our damage or some extra utility?
Some fun cd like karma?

Wouldn’t you have more fun with karma on mw?
Or pummel like we used to have?

We are fine in a time shamans priests and paladins are amazing. I get it, it’s normal for a specific class to be better then others, but the ONLY place MW has a chance to be good in is high end raiding, even then you don’t see people actively looking for MW’s because windwalkers are amazing and they already got one.

So if you want to teach people how to play you could write a guide. But I find it meaningless that you are actively saying we are fine we don’t need anything when it’s obvious so many people are unhappy.

Let’s make a bet, how many of the 8 teams competing for MDI will have a mistweaver. I bet 0.

8 Likes

Will see soon. I watched AWC today, nobody was so crazy to play with MW, as far as I saw

2 Likes

Output wise I think is ok for mw but the mana cost of some of the spells is too expensive, would like 35% ish mana cost off EM and vivify atleast

1 Like

I dont understand why you are getting so annoyed at people who want mistweaver monks to be a stronger spec.

The reason it frustrates me is because people ask for buffs without knowing why they want buffs.

They play like garbage and scream “buff MW” because they are bad, not because the spec is.

If all hps/dps was the same, is RoP really worth choosing over the other healers?

This is a trap that even good players/guilds fall into all the time. So many people are obsessed with which spec/class is “best”, and they often think you need a certain setup or a specific healer to do X boss, but that’s wrong. In 999/1000 cases, you just pick the best player for your team. That’s it. That’s literally how little it actually matters for most of the people who play (even for people in much better guilds than mine). The game is not balanced around you having 20 of the best classes or specs in your raid, it’s balanced around those 20 people knowing what to do.

Having a Mistweaver in your raid will not add wipes to your count or slow your raid down. Like yeah okay, some specs like Shaman or Disc are for sure stronger than Mistweaver, I am not debating that. But any guild outside of the literal top 25/50 ranks, will benefit far more from having a good Mistweaver over an average shaman. Even if you’re at a point where you have to compare a good mistweaver with a good shaman, it doesn’t matter nearly as much as people think. The better your guild is, the more it matters, that’s simple. However, the majority of the people on these forums play at a level where your class composition or X healer doing 5% more damage/healing is completely irrelevant. Even in my guild, which is only top 600 or something, we just pick good players over mediocre ones. Sure, we have specs that we prefer as well but we will never turn a good player away because he plays “the wrong spec” unless it’s complete garbage.

So, Heroic players (which is fine, Mythic does take a lot of time so I don’t blame people for not doing it) they come in here and whine for buffs while doing content where classes/specs does not matter nearly as much as they think. If it barely matters until you’re in the top % of guilds, why would it matter in your Heroic raid that almost anyone can complete? Most of the people who are whining, are literally neglecting even the most basics things about playing the spec.

there is a reason people are choosing the other specs over MW monks.

Even when MW is the best healer, very few people play them. This is evident from WoD where MW was extremely strong in the later tiers.

Yes, we are really mobile, but a druid is almost as mobile as us. In fact most druids are night fae so they are probably as mobile as us. So we aren’t even the only most mobile healer

Sorry, but this isn’t really fair. You are comparing Night Fae Druid to Non-Night Fae Mistweaver, when MW Night Fae is comparable to the other covenants.

Mistweaver has been historically bad since I first started playing it in Emerald Nightmare. But now we’re finally at a point where our spec is legitimately good and a real contender against the other healer specs for the first time in years (outside of a tier or two) and people ask for huge buffs like this guy:

Output wise I think is ok for mw but the mana cost of some of the spells is too expensive, would like 35% ish mana cost off EM and vivify atleast

And they just don’t understand how crazy something like a 35% mana reduction is. It would push Mistweaver over the edge and make us by far the strongest spec. If anything, I can understand a 5-10% reduction to Envm and Vivify but I don’t feel like it’s needed… but 35%? are you actually crazy? No offense.

To sum it up:

People ask for buffs while playing the spec sub-optimally, while doing content where your class has no actual impact on the success of your raid group. I am not against people asking for buffs for specs, I’m against people asking for buffs for a spec they don’t put any effort into playing well, for content the game is not balanced around. Especially when you actually think about how closely balanced the healer specs are right now. People act like the difference between MW and rsham/disc/pala are like night and day, when it’s actually a difference that’s barely noticeable and won’t matter for almost anyone.

Literally every single top raider and theorycrafter will tell you that the player matters far more than the class.

1 Like

And every single team last MDI had one and used one. For one simple reason, that they could do infinite healing with spinning crane kick and they constructed all their pulls around it.

MDi is not representative of high dungeons or even what classes can do in normal play.

This is the problem that Nasella is trying to highlight, people see “omg no MW in MDI” or “no MW in top 100 leaderboard”. The correct answer is “so what?”. People at that level always gravitate to the strongest spec, even if the difference is 0,1% so if you want to see MW represented there then you are saying “make my class hands down strongest please!”

MW are fine atm, in fact more than fine, the chink in their armor is their mana usage, a tweak wouldn’t hurt but 35% like someone suggested is ludicrous.

1 Like

I think you convinced me(like 80% - eg. an interrupt wouldn’t make us op in raids, and a better pick for m+, or something like hit combo would be fun/rewarding/still wouldn’t be too op in raids), yeah big changes would probably be too much. Maybe I’m just too greedy :slight_smile:

Perhaps I just don’t like the spec which is why I want something new so much and It’s time I get me a new healer.

Anyway I’ll keep dreaming about MW with karma.
Good luck everyone.

What do you mean ‘historically’? I’ve started playing WoW as priest in tbc. Should I say: Discipline priests were historically bad in PvE? Did you play mistweaver in MoP which most monks really beloved to? You are playing it’s pale shadow all that time. This broken copy of spec was pushed to our throat in Legion.

1 Like

I mean that MW has been bad in most tiers since Emerald Nightmare.

Guys just reroll - I already did. Not worth the time

2 Likes

Yet another person who misses the entire point.

I know you love the melee style… but you should understand MW used to have two builds… and some people prefer the “hard” caster build which is very painful to use right now. OOM in 2seconds!

If I have to play as melee healer I prefer to play with my Holy Pally (it is so boring… spam CS and HS) which has better melee healer skills and HPS AND BIGGGG DPS than the MW which is a soft version of the Holy Pally design.

That is the reason why a lot of people feel this spec need a review in terms of mana and bring some kind of utility …

I think blizzard should stop and think how to design a proper melee class instead to try and and try… I used to love to play as melee with this class
rift.fandom(dot)com/wiki/Liberator
rift.magelo(dot)com/en/soultree#ZkGaBkBBaaA/!7kd/98o%7C___g

It is not 100% melee but it is a hybrid and good version… I dont know why Blizzard cannot be more creative.