More nonsense from developers

Hello Everyone.

I was reading some story us forums, when I found this topic:

Quote:
"Morgan added what I felt was the most interesting view I’ve heard from any developer when it comes to Sylvanas: “With the Sylvanas aspect, there are two sides here: People in the Saurfang / Baine camp and the people who are with Sylvanas.”

“Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the Horde. They’ve known nothing but conflict for over 20 years. They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before. You can see how people would want that. They might think, “I would like to know peace, please. Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to – it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”

From Yagarr lv120 Orc DK:
“So apparently, Thrall, Baine, and Saurfang represent never-ending conflict to a significant portion of the Horde, whereas Sylvanas represents peace.”

What’s your opinion ?

I am baffled …

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

9 Likes

I actually agree with this.

Thralls peaceful approach to everything is good in theory, but his passive nature is allowing bad people to get away with everything under his nose. The scarlet crusade slaughtered thousands of forsaken, who are members of the horde and he didn’t do anything. The night elves killed all the goblins trying to make a new home after theirs was destroyed because they believe trees are more important than goblin lives, the alliance tried to blow up entire towns in Silverpine, which was only stopped by orcs and forsaken sacrificing themselves.

I could go on and on, half of the horde levelling experience is just trying to survive the alliance’s aggression. Thrall’s reaction was the same “We just have to be nice, and not fight”. Since Warcraft’s beginning the Horde have been practically hunted for sport, regardless of what individual leaders may want. I don’t mean to be too hyperbolic, but if this happened in real life Thrall would have been considered a traitor for his gross negligence towards his own people for not defending them long ago.

5 Likes

The final peace. By waging the final war, to stop possible future wars. Like she stated in the novella.

Tells you, she won’t die anytime soon.

1 Like

There can’t be any wars if you kill everyone. So smart. /s

Except that then Sylvanas would have to turn on the Horde as well, since there is the possibility that the Horde could somehow be plunged into civil war 50 years into the future.

1 Like

Gosh damn. What is this?! A pact with Bioware writers? Reaper Logic spotted?

Let’s kill “everything” to prevent “everything” from kill itself? Brilliant!

6 Likes

“Haha it actually was MoP 2.0 all along but it turns out a lot of people think Baine and Saurfang are trash so now were backtracking and making some new s#@! up as we go, stay tuned”

3 Likes

“I am so sick of the warmongering Thrall, Baine and Saurfang. The peaceful Sylvanas will be my new leader.”

8 Likes

Using plague on her own people sure will unite people of the horde.YEah put yourself into shoes of the horde soldier…one who chocked to death and then raised like a skeleton

8 Likes

…meaning in undead slavery? Yeah, probably. But you really need to snort quite a lot of :cow2::poop: to think that anyone could see Saurfang deserting her and Baine being arrested as a traitor as a sign of unification. That’s just… wow.

2 Likes

You should not be. Talking about Blizzard Entertainment, it boils down to one crucial focus, i.e. money.

a) movie (with trash gear, anti-Tolkien-Elven, saber-tooth orcs) all to impress the very (“affluent”) young
b) books (extra money revenue for a lazy lore department who cannot handle lore in-game)
c) in-game mayhem (totally uncaring about that playerbase that actually made WoW to what it is today) for the sake of rule-of-cool.

Blizzard’s message to its customers rings loud and clear: “Thanks oldtimers for being a good cash-cow all along. Now, we are going to milk the next generation. You don’t like it? Well, tough sh*it!”

That is what it boils down to, imo. And nothing else.

1 Like

Well seems pretty efficient to me that I have death on my side coming for my enemies!

“We do not fear death! We are its Harbingers!”

No no you will be turned into mindless skeleton with your soul tied to your carcas

If Alliance footmen feared Death as much as Alliance on forums they’d be running away in cinematics and judging from Afar

Alliance care for it’s people not like some zealos trolls

The stonemasons you killed because you didnt wanna pay them? First Human dungeon btw. Great intro to Alliance hypocrisy

But lets visit more recent history:

• the Alliance soldiers that died of blight because your boy king attacked an undead city without a counterplan for Blight?
  • Telamon and his army who died to make the attack look convincing?

Why does Alliance get to choose who dies and Sylvannas doesnt? Shaw never tells the army they wont be coming back, he tells the Alliance leaders only “Mathias Shaw whispers: The army we send to Nazmir wont survive shhhhhh”

But oh what a monster Sylvannas is for killing couple Hordies and an Alliance army with blight

1 Like

If you like death so much…why do you even live? just day and be with your loa of death.

Also stonemasons it was because of influence of black dragon. When sylvanas kils her troops by her will

Talking about losses. Nazjatar intro from Nathanos “You are back on your feet. Good. Your survival is key for the dark ladies plans. Look around you. The vaunted alliance fleet lies in ruins. Perfect.”

1 Like

So much for fleet mcguffin

And thats a “Get out of Jail” card because?

I see you have no comments on Nazmir… cough…

When a Goblin blows up its stupidity, when a Human blows up its “Heroism”

Jaina has her own dialogue mourning about the pride of her kingdom(fleet) being gone. So it’s as good as confirmed that it’s over for future naval advantages.

1 Like