Patch 8.2.5: Calia Menethil

doubt she become a new leader for forsaken, if something happens to Sylvanas, I got a feeling nathanos takes over, or lilian. heck even the lichking taking over would make more sence than Calia.

Calia might become as other said a new race lightforged undead, most likely for Alliance, probably due to Forsaken spitting up, where some follows their new leader and some follows Calia and joins the alliance.

Calia is the obvious candidate for the next Warchief. Her royal blood will make her an ideal ruler in no time at all. She has compassion for all, even lower races like the Horde. She is “similar, but better”, compared to the Forsaken. Similar enough to feel like kind of one of them, better, because she just is. And as soon as the devs write that everyone in the game world loves her, everyone in the game lore will love her.

I for one welcome your new undead overlord.

*Might contain hints of sarcasm

But really… her model doesn’t really lend itself as a baseline for a new allied race. And her character was very clearly neutral to Alliance leaning. Leading the Forsaken could only be arranged if the factions would be removed/made redundant for the future. Apart from this… her plot is a plot of Naaru meddling. She doesn’t need to lead any player race to have places to go in the story.

2 Likes

While talking updated models, why the hell did the Meme Troll get an update before Rokhan???

3 Likes

she is queen of blight infested ruins of a kingdom that doesnt excist anymore.
She is not queen of undercity/forsaken.

1 Like

I for one welcome an allied race that actually looks good. Calia looks hot, that alone makes me wish that she creates an allied race like Alleria did. The story is already ruined anyway, you’re like 3 years late, so I don’t really care if she is an abomination of the lore (which she isn’t).

3 Likes

Yup that’s true.
Remember the Chinese WoW version where the Forsaken had no bones showing up ?
Some players did asked that version, to be implemented in the game.

Also, has anyone thought, what will be the concequences for Sylvanas actions ?
There was Garrosh, there was Sylvanas and part of me thinks there will not be a third, this time.

I posted a few months ago, a topic named:

Quote:
"Morgan added what I felt was the most interesting view I’ve heard from any developer when it comes to Sylvanas: “With the Sylvanas aspect, there are two sides here: People in the Saurfang / Baine camp and the people who are with Sylvanas.”

“Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the Horde. They’ve known nothing but conflict for over 20 years. They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before. You can see how people would want that. They might think, “I would like to know peace, please. Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to – it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”

From Yagarr lv120 Orc DK:
“So apparently, Thrall, Baine, and Saurfang represent never-ending conflict to a significant portion of the Horde, whereas Sylvanas represents peace.”

So, I think, even Sylvanas is forcing things to go in the way they are going.
Thrall is back and he did talked with Jaina in a way that basically apologies for his actions, something he never done before.

One faction anyone ?

Also:

I agree.

Now the question, where does a faction in which the majority of players, plays a Elf, belong to ?

Cheers.

I see it now. He’s popular with the fans so they’ll make him leader of the trolls. It all makes sense now.

I like her model, but for some reason the pants and boots look somewhat strange. I can’t really wrap my head around it, but when I see them I think of the late 18th century.

He is losing popularity by the day. And if the story elements and priorities are defined by this kind of blatant fan service, no wonder the story is going as it is.

2 Likes

Maybe in the story forums but a quick cinematic appearance will probably change the majority feeling of the remaining playerbase.

You mean evil Horde/Sylvanas isn’t what the fans want?! :scream:

Oh no you didn’t !

4 Likes

no name super recent char leader of darspear instead of voljin as loa/ghost/wahetever or rokhan who has been there since wc3.
dont hate him but rokhan should be the racial leader over him imo

4 Likes

I reckon Calia and Derek are going to be inserted as the new leaders of the Forsaken after Sylvanas and Nathanos officially get booted from the Horde, which is sort of inevitable at this point. Blizzard will make the forsaken a mix of normal and lightbound undead, releasing the latter as a Horde Allied Race.

It’d be a crummy development, but the only one I can see them doing.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo starts throwing popcorn

2 Likes

I like it. Derek could marry Calia in a non-matrilineal marriage. This would give House Proudmoore a claim on the throne of Lordaeron. Now all that’s left is for either Jaina or Tandred to produce an heir.

Going back to the topic, Calia just replaced Sylvanas as the hottest undead in Warcraft.

It’s at times like this where I wish I had trust level 3.

Gib me my memes Blizzard, I beg of ye.

1 Like

The Forsaken will be delighted to have Arthas’ sister as their new leader. Brings back so many happy memories.
Ok, theorethically, her fans are no more since Sylvanas killed them, but if Blizz wants it, the others will love her anyway. (and those who don’t can join Sylvanas and Nathanos in the Shadowlands or wherever they go after bfa)
Plus we definitely need more alliance friendly horde leaders.
Calia will then lead her people on their new shiny path of the Light and they will only do good things from now on.
On the day of Anduin’s wedding with Baine she will announce they will join the alliance.

6 Likes

No.

Players so far don’t agree. Fans the least.

Lmao no.

UGH stop it.

2 Likes

Sylvanas is basically Arthas anyway yet I don’t see the Forsaken having a problem with that. And since the Night Elves don’t have a problem following the Betrayer’s brother, I don’t see what is the issue. Of all the arguments you could find against Calia, that is the weakest.

2 Likes

Lol nope. She’s done nothing for the forsaken in 15 years. You actually think people will follow a new leader that has done nothing for their society ?

Also shall I remember you that Arthas destroyed the kingdom of Lordaeron?

2 Likes