Most healers having interrupt will be a killing blow for playing a caster

And guess what…Mage is a caster. When the OP writes a post heavily suggesting that there’s no point in playing any caster because melees will dominate, someone coming in with very valid points with an example of the benefits of a certain caster class is extremely valid.

You’re pressed for no reason.

I don’t disagree. But talking about mage alone and what tools it has sounds a lot like saying it’s ok for everyone to have kick because MAGES can kinda deal with it. Generally i agree with OPs points when talking generally about casters.

‘Why would anyone bother playing a caster anymore?’

The mage was simply offering valid points about a caster. Would you have preferred they went through what every single caster in the game can and can’t do?

Ultimately it all depends on tuning and meta anyway.

Well… yes actually. Otherwise this discussion doesn’t make sense. You don’t balance stuff like this around one single class. :sweat_smile:

‘Why would anyone bother playing a caster anymore?’

Even if Mage was the ONLY good caster, it’s still a perfectly valid point. Simple misunderstanding on your part, it happens.

Ok now you’re arguing for the sake of it. I haven’t misunderstood anything. I won’t bother explaining it again. Have a nice week.

I’m concerned about all the casters. However, since I play a mage, I’m mostly concerned about mages. The game is already oppressive for casters and DF is gonna be even harder to do anything as a caster, even a mage. I don’t really think mages are gonna have such great time with 45 sec Dragon Breath cd and no stun (well, unless you play frost and pick the gimmicky pvp talent ;p)

Shimmer is been played because of the meta right now blazing barrier is just a bonus on top. You have to run it vs all feral/outlaw/dh/dk/rmp teams or you just die within a stun you can get away with using shimmer vs other comps its also been played because of holy priest been meta for rmp as the priest can cc the healer on their own and you only have to DB sheep the other meele on top of you or wait for the rogue stun and sheep off it if the priest gets the off target in a chastice there is not really a reason to play shimmer in rmp right now in holy rmp.

Also there is no other reason to play mage right now unless you are playing frost mld and holy rmp because all other casters are doing a lot better than it right now even rogues leaving rmp to play warr/outlaw and double outlaw.

Just give up on mage they are pushing it further and further in the wrong direction we wanted lower mobility less defensives and a nerf to meele mobility they gave us a passive relentless trinket to nerf mage cc by 15% and turned every mage spec into a budget legion arcane where we just have to run around and spam damage untill dampening they add this trinket without fixing the pseudo cc it does not matter if a felguards axe toss is now reduced to a 3.4 second stun down from a 4 second they can still use axe toss into coil into axe toss which if used when you are casting will still lock you out for the same duration.

Same for many other meeles and their short cd stuns/incaps/fears new talents making kicks even shorter cooldown. There is some casters made for the current design of wow pvp like ele/boomy/spriest/demo the rest need a serious revert to mop or to be redesigned completely.

there are no casters in dragonfiesta.
not sure if you actually tried it for yourself but all the casters spam instants all day

boomy just procs full moon on your head why spaming instant surges with almost infinte ap

destro got instant build that basically never casts

frost mage can just spam ice lance all day long with flurry and resets

etc. etc.

i actually fear more for healers than for casters. it is no fun as healer and so mu h cc etc. makes it unplayable

1 Like

not wrong. got suprised by how hard sp can burst without casting for setup nor while bursting.

2 Likes

This is the result of a constant arms race that started with melee mobility getting buffs.

1 Like

Mobility for all, cc for all, dmg for all.

Was this not the case in MoP? Is this not what you wanted?

2 Likes

What offensive spell did ele shaman cast in MoP?

It was spread FS and spam isntant LvB all day, and LvB hit much harder than it did today.

Thats why I said current ele/boomy/spriest/demo work in this meta and the rest need to be reverted to mop or redesigned…

Well, would you look at that! He even made remarks towards Mages suffering from what was mentioned much earlier, because like I said he plays Mage, so it was obvious on which perspective it was being looked at from.

So maybe you should, like I said, read, then think, before relying and making a fool out of YOUR self.

ty

Gelu literally said on his stream rather recently “you only play Blazing Soul for the extra Barrier” so it’s not just for the ability to blink out of a stun, with Blazing Soul you can have a Barrier every 10s. No offence but I’m going to take the word of a multi R1 AWC player than random people on a forum.

One of the main reasons Mage isn’t that good right now is because of how good Demo is into Mage and the comps it plays… and they are everywhere at the moment, lets be honest.

Yes. In post nr. 47. :man_facepalming:
You’re even dumber than i thought…

Yes, confirming what I said all along, he’s approaching it from the perspective of a Mage more than all casters, hence the “mostly concerned about Mage”. Something which you said was wrong, and couldn’t understand because you’re stupid.

Anyway, I’ve lost more than enough brain cells talking to you. Have fun, I’ve made my point already.

Oh and for the record, he made remarks towards Mage before you even joined the conversation, that’s what I referred to. You’d know that if you did what I suggested and read the conversation first.

Pretending you have anything to lose there to begin with. You clearly don’t understand my point because of this lack of braincells. Have a nice day.