Mountcollectors assumed billionaires

Herbs have crashed in price because of bots.

Old raids have had their prices slashed, I only get 2k from Firelands, when before I could get anywhere up to 10k.

Raid/M+ repairs and consumables are overpriced, now that our guild cook/alchemist left.

Gold missions on mission table are laughable in how small they are.

Emissary chests are your only staggered, controlled form of large gold intake, but they cannot be easily grinded due to limited WQs

There are also many other goldskins as well as mounts which are just as expensive.

Cost of everything goes up, while gold intake goes down. Blizzard, stop imitating real life, it isn’t fun.

3 Likes

Good old days of tbc

1 Like

Build a time machine, start playing WoD and Legion with a bunch of alts -> profit.

Because most have gotten their piles of gold from those two expansions.

1 Like

I just play my Priest. My Horde alt has ~3 days /played, which is basically the time it’s taken to chop though the Horde side of BfA.

And I think that’s totally fine, if I wouldn’t have missed a lot of content while it was live and therefore lack behind severely I might even be one of those aiming to fill the tab.
However these are niche players and they should know they are niche (I don’t know numbers but I would expect the hardcore mount farmers are as rare as current 6/9+ mythic raiders).

You sacrifice time from sleep in favor of gaming?
I would not want to walk in your shoes. You seem in a hurry all the time and I think being less stressed out, because I can take some 10 minute showers or 30 minutes of breakfast if I like, is favorable to playing an additional hour of WoW.

However I increased my pile of gold while playing less than you on a very small realm and doing raids and M+, so I am completely with you that earning gold is nothing that is extremely hard if you don’t blow your gold for luxury or don’t do anything to earn some gold.

They are close to no investment on the other hand.
I have around 5k resources maintained and I spend them on reroll tokens and constant missons (also rep and azerite ones).
I have no reason to not do those gold missions and earn a few thousand gold every week.

what about everything before bfa? -_- doubt you only have a month played of wow.

He/she probably did like me… Used the free boost for the Horde side :joy:

(That said, I did level to 85 on my horde… but I also spent my free 110 boost on that level 85 character…)

2 Likes

Absolutely.
I have nothing against the warframe, or the AH mount. 1 or 2 each patch cycle is perfectly fine, but we’re getting to the point where every mount is wildly expensive.

If you start the game now, what are your options for a cheap mount, go back and run deadmines until you’re exalted with stormwind and buy a cheap grifon?
The base faction mounts should be cheaper, and the more “vanity factions” should be the expensive ones.

1 Like

:smirk:
1 Like

wait, you have to PAY to get onto the PTR? that is so stupid! i’ve never bothered with ptr cause live game is too much a time sink as it is.

they are not comparable really. i got flying in TBC. yes it was hard, yes i spent a lot of time doing sunwell dalies etc, but it was always in reach. the longboi is not even on the horizon for even someone like me, let alone players with far less time put in. i dont think i will ever be able to get a longboi while the game is live. i also got the mammoth during wotlk (4.5 months after release), the yak was longer and i didn’t get it till legion cause it didn’t really offer me anything except an achievement. there is a difference between expensive, and beyond reach.

2 Likes

that’s not how it works jito!

I still gotta lvl my horde to 120 and then farm mag’hars :stuck_out_tongue: then level mag’har smh!

Doesn’t those cost like 100g each?
Sure. Buying every possible mount the moment you’re able to ride them is an expensive affair. Level up to 120, keep the gold you earn as you go. Do an emissary (some of them reward like 2000 gold), then you can afford 20 base-mounts for 10-20 minutes worth of playing.

I don’t really find that “expensive”.

If the prices of the city-mounts have changed drastically since I last were at the vendor, then please enlighten me. (I am genuinely asking)

It’s actually a really odd bit of information you can pull up. Never have I wondered how much time I’ve spent watching TV over the past 15 years, or how much time I’ve spent on the toilet or emptying the dishwasher or whatever. But Blizzard will gladly tell me how long I’ve spent playing WoW over the past 15 years. Odd. :yum:

5 hours a day of gaming make it into more then 1/2 of 2nd job.

6 hours of sleep is extremly unhealthy in long run .

4 hours for life ?

mate you should look for help - and i really mean it. -_-

no mention of social life is also proving big big problems

wow should not be an escape from life :frowning:

2 Likes

When i was 17 i used to work on my local net cafe / night shifts which translates into 8 hours my shift (gaming obv) and around 8 hours gaming to chill when my shift was ended.

Btw as ive mentioned before , i can come and go from my work w/e i want so that 5 hours daily looks really low to me and compared to my old standards.

As for my real life.I dunno how many more hours you need from Monday to Friday . Assuming you are not working Saturday & Sunday like me.

6 hours of sleep is fine , cant sleep more since Tasha (my cat is always hungry)
Plus yolo , i will sleep forever when i’ll get inside the coffin so i better exploit as many hours as possible now.

How can you call 5 hours a day ‘‘OMG YOU NEED HELP’’
Not even my grandmother used to call nonsense like this at the age of 80…

Yeah… I am at 118 atm. Slowly getting there. I am reading everything though, but right now farming Darkshore mogs on my alts…

1 Like

whatchu gonna do at 120? if you’re going to unlock stuff, we could do it together, im toooooo lazy to solo so, need a bit of motivation :smiley:

Well yes, singling the brontosaur wich is more than double the cost of the 2nd most expensive, wich is already 4x the cost of the 3rd most expensive, I’d agree that their more aimed to the “wealthy” player.

But ignoring the top 2 mounts, imo they can be seen as a goal for the average player that doesnt want to shift much of their focus into goldmaking.

I watched the video, and this might be purely semantics or opinions/definitions, but I wouldnt call “AH Baron” to someone that looks up for 5M gold to splurge

Mounts being goldsinks is nothing new up until wotlk mounts and the riding skill would make you sell your kidney to get then. and even then there were still gold sink mounts that were highly priced back then.

The vendor mammoth in wotlk, the expedition yak in MoP. (cant recall any WoD one). The spider in legion and then more goldsink vendor mounts during bfa, due to the super high inflation we have. rep mounts are still relatively cheap keeping the inflation over the years in mind

1 Like