Mouse left and right buttons wouldn't respond at times

Mouse left and right buttons wouldn’t respond at times and it only happens in WoW, I tried other games and it works fine, meaning buttons are responding.

The weird thing is I think that it only happens when I hold the buttons as opposed to single clicks but I need to double check that.

The mouse is Corsair M95.

Things I’ve tried:

1. Closed programs that are working in the background.

2. Disabled browser hardware acceleration from the BattleNet settings.

3. Replaced the mouse with a different mouse and the same thing happens.

4. Updated drivers.

5. Updated Windows 10 Pro to latest build 1809.

6. Tried to close the BattleNet client.

7. Bought a new mouse Corsair Scimitar still happens!

Notes:

• This issue predates patch 8.1 so it’s not related; however, I still experience the same issue after patch 8.1 so if this issue related to WoW in anyway it wasn’t fixed.

• Closing the game and open it again seems to fix the problem but this is really annoying.

Does it happen only when you click ‘empty’ parts of the screen to drag it, or anywhere even on ingame buttons and such? It could be some interface element that isn’t visible is taking over the screen. I’ve had it happen myself in the past.

1 Like

I found the problem!

I used /fstack to inspect the frames and one of the frames on the list was GroupLootContainer which needs to listen to mouse events so I tried to disable it by running /run GroupLootContainer:EnableMouse(false) and it seems like it solved the problem but the issue is now I can’t use SetCVar("lootUnderMouse", 1) and have to disable it. :smiley:

p.s. @Nyshae, Funny, I found the problem and then read your post which could have saved me some time but yeah thanks anyway. :wink:

Update1: I’ve set lootUnderMouse to 0 and the problem persists due to GroupLootContainer any ideas? atm I need to use /reload each time it happens and this leads to a really unpleasant experience.

Update2: It generally happens after an arena match where the BonusRollFrame shows up.

Update3: It might be an issue with the following code where the GroupLootContainer isn’t being removed.

function BonusRollFrame_CloseBonusRoll()
	local frame = BonusRollFrame;
	if ( frame.state == "prompt" ) then
		GroupLootContainer_RemoveFrame(GroupLootContainer, frame);
	end
end

Update4: I wrote an addon called GroupLootContainerFix that should temporarily fix the problem until Blizzard will solve it, I haven’t tested it yet and I’m working on it now.

I’ve pushed it to Curse few hours ago so it’s not available on TwitchApp yet but it is available from their website.

3 Likes