Mouse movement cuts out

98% I’m sure it’s from omnibar . I played yesterday 6 hours with alt and no problems at all . In the moment when login with my main and finished few arenas my mouse just die . The add-ons whos are still out of date are pvp (omnibar, Sarena,gladius, gladiusex, dumpening display). Tryed few games without add-ons and I feel it’s work :smile:

i deleted all my addons and still have this issue

So far its been 7 days since a blue answered here , and only asked a question and didn’t follow up on it. Both US and EU are experiencing this problem , and both sides have currently tried updating everything , deleting addons , trying a insane number of options including me , and we don’t even get acknowledgement that they are working on it or have any idea on a fix.
Dear blizzard , i know you think we play on our phones all day , but when something like a mouse isn’t working in your game , it’s unplayable .
I won’t even go over the crapton of other issues i have regarding FPS issues / DC issues / GPU not being selected most of the time etc.
I waited 7 days and watched both EU and US forums for a fix or a suggestion and none came. I am not going to be a subscriber anymore to this circus.
Happy holidays .

3 Likes

I have had a similar issue to this, I only experience it during Arena games.
My right-click becomes unresponsive during the arena match sometimes, it doesn’t appear to be limited to a certain part of the screen either; it just doesn’t work anywhere.

Sometimes it will return to normal mid arena game or after the game, but more often than not I have to /rl.

Not only is this annoying but when it happens mid game it’s basically unplayable (forced to keyboard turn as a melee is heartbreaking) I have lost count of the games I’ve lost due to this issue and now my regular arena partners are choosing to play with others as it’s happening every other game.

I have Elvui, Gladius, Omnibar, Nameplate Cooldowns, Bigdebuffs, Flyplates all running during arena.
I don’t experience any camera issues out of arena and Gladius is the only addon not being used during that time, I have tried playing arenas without gladius installed and still get the same bug.

1 Like

I have also been experiencing the same issue , i have completely turned add ons off and still had the same issue , seems like when they have no answer its always the add ons fault (which i fully understand can sometimes be the case). I do however feel annoyed with the generic responses we get and as this is the only part of the game i actually play (arena) am pretty cheesed off.
This has pretty much left me with nothing to do apart from level more alts, i already have 7 120’s this expansion and need a break from levelling …merry xmas @ blizzard, i cant wait for the next generic reinstall world of warcraft chestnut to arrive in the post’s.

Edit: After reading another post and using the command /fstack. it has shown the the actual thing in the centre of my screen is the blizzard <1> timertracker, <0> uiparent (the battleground/pvp countdown timer i believe). Although it shows a box in the centre of the screen with this command it also shows a box that fills the entirety of the screen. Kinda annoying having to do /reload every game to continue playing though :frowning: . Was updating my post with findings just to help others and possibly blizzard at narrowing the cause down.

2 Likes

Hey,

Check out my post here, it might be related. :wink:

It is the same issue of dead area on screen and i used move anything to move the bonus roll to another area ,but mine seems to be occurring due to the timertracker, as that is what it says when i hover over the affected area using /fstack. there is 1 box for the timertracker which i cannot move with the move anything addon. However that box becomes not move able or become interact-able.
There is a larger box which fills the entirety of the screen related to timertracker. This is clearly a patch related issue as i get the same problems with all add ons turned off. It doesnt mean to say i wouldnt mind to find a workaround for now as the /reload is irritating when you are trying to get into the rhythm of a few rounds. I probably play 30-40 games a day.

@Nenyasqi, Probably not related to any addon and it’s more likely a bug… when the BonusRollFrame is shown and then closed the code that needs to remove the GroupLootContainer frame doesn’t seems to remove it.

The frames you pointed out shouldn’t be a problem because these have :EnableMouse(false) by default, meaning, they do not listen to mouse events and should not be a problem, however, the issue is with GroupLootContainer that actually does and blocks the WorldFrame from receiving these events.

1 Like

Im only listing what i find or as i see it , i am however glad that some one else is getting and finding answers to the problem :). I cant personally find the link with the group loot container. And i have moved all associated loot tabs out of the way.

its the loot frame, when i move it in elvui, everything under it becomes unclickable…

but as said earlier, the bug happens after u get the bonus roll frame,
reloadui works till u get the bonus roll frame again

2 Likes

So the community figured out what it is , can we get a fix already

The fix should be really done by Blizzard but a workaround for this should be along the lines of the following code:

local function hide() -- Might not be needed and over-engineered and instead we can simply call :Hide() in all places but needs more testing.
    if not InCombatLockdown() then
        GroupLootContainer:Hide()
    else 
        GroupLootContainer:EnableMouse(false)
        C_Timer.After(1, hide)
    end
end

GroupLootContainer:SetScript("OnShow", function(self)
    self:EnableMouse(true)
end)

UIParent:HookScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
    if event == "SPELL_CONFIRMATION_TIMEOUT" then
		local _, confirmType = ...
		if confirmType == LE_SPELL_CONFIRMATION_PROMPT_TYPE_BONUS_ROLL then hide() end
    end
end)

BonusRollLootWonFrame:HookScript("OnHide", function(self)
    hide()
end)

BonusRollMoneyWonFrame:HookScript("OnHide", function(self)
    hide()
end)

hooksecurefunc("GroupLootFrame_OnShow", function(self)
    local _, name = GetLootRollItemInfo(self.rollID)
	if name == nil then hide() end
end)

hooksecurefunc("GroupLootFrame_OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
	if event == "CANCEL_LOOT_ROLL" then
		local arg1 = ...;
		if arg1 == self.rollID then hide() end
	end
end)

hooksecurefunc("BonusRollFrame_FinishedFading", function(self)
    if self.rewardType ~= "item" 
    and self.rewardType ~= "artifact_power" 
    and self.rewardType ~= "money" 
    and self.rewardType ~= "currency" then hide() end
end)

Update1: I wrote this in notepad and the code wasn’t tested at all so keep this in mind.

Update2: Fix function calls.

Update3: Pushed the addon to Curse; called GroupLootContainerFix, might take few hours to be available and you need to the set the TwitchApp client to show alpha releases.

Update4: Should be available on Curse website now, still not available on TwitchApp.

I’ll test it more over the weekend.

Unfortunately the add on fix did not work for me nyxecute :frowning: but i would like to thank you for pushing forward and finding a work round for people. On the flip side its a shame that although we are reporting this there is no feedback to say they are aware or that it is blizzard related due to patch. I 100% did not have this issue before patch. /reload every game is getting me fully dampened.

Merry Christmas All

1 Like

Can you please help me to help you and type /fstack and list the frames that you see? I’d love to help people fix this because I know how frustrating it can be. :wink:

1 Like

Love the help , but currently i am personally away , but i’d like to thank you and wish you happy holidays!

1 Like

Hi there nyxecute

The current 1 that covers the entirety of the screen is
medium
<1> timertracker
<0> UIparent
World
<0> World frame
The other that is dead centre of my screen is
Medium
<1> timertracker
–><1>SpellActivationOverlayFrame
<0>UIparent
World
<0> Worldframe
Not sure if that helps any, but its the top 1 that covers the entirety of screen and it only shows after hovering over the the centre spellactivationoverlayframe 1. This is with 0 add ons enabled.

Edit : The add on is now working for me thankyou so much :slight_smile:
P.s dont worry its our fualt as usual never the game :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone who doesn’t want to download an addon - you can use:
/run GroupLootContainer:Hide()

Bind it as a macro and keybind it for a temporary fix.

I just click this outside of arena games now and the problem goes away. Got sick of waiting on Blizzard to fix something.

3 Likes

wow , thanks mate this would help.

Upvoting this for fixing the issue.
Shame on you Blizzard for having such an issue for almost a month, not knowing what the problem is and have players identify the source of the problem and figure out a workaround for it.

SHAME