Mouse movement cuts out

@Nenyasqi, Probably not related to any addon and it’s more likely a bug… when the BonusRollFrame is shown and then closed the code that needs to remove the GroupLootContainer frame doesn’t seems to remove it.

The frames you pointed out shouldn’t be a problem because these have :EnableMouse(false) by default, meaning, they do not listen to mouse events and should not be a problem, however, the issue is with GroupLootContainer that actually does and blocks the WorldFrame from receiving these events.

1 Like

Im only listing what i find or as i see it , i am however glad that some one else is getting and finding answers to the problem :). I cant personally find the link with the group loot container. And i have moved all associated loot tabs out of the way.

its the loot frame, when i move it in elvui, everything under it becomes unclickable…

but as said earlier, the bug happens after u get the bonus roll frame,
reloadui works till u get the bonus roll frame again

2 Likes

So the community figured out what it is , can we get a fix already

The fix should be really done by Blizzard but a workaround for this should be along the lines of the following code:

local function hide() -- Might not be needed and over-engineered and instead we can simply call :Hide() in all places but needs more testing.
    if not InCombatLockdown() then
        GroupLootContainer:Hide()
    else 
        GroupLootContainer:EnableMouse(false)
        C_Timer.After(1, hide)
    end
end

GroupLootContainer:SetScript("OnShow", function(self)
    self:EnableMouse(true)
end)

UIParent:HookScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
    if event == "SPELL_CONFIRMATION_TIMEOUT" then
		local _, confirmType = ...
		if confirmType == LE_SPELL_CONFIRMATION_PROMPT_TYPE_BONUS_ROLL then hide() end
    end
end)

BonusRollLootWonFrame:HookScript("OnHide", function(self)
    hide()
end)

BonusRollMoneyWonFrame:HookScript("OnHide", function(self)
    hide()
end)

hooksecurefunc("GroupLootFrame_OnShow", function(self)
    local _, name = GetLootRollItemInfo(self.rollID)
	if name == nil then hide() end
end)

hooksecurefunc("GroupLootFrame_OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
	if event == "CANCEL_LOOT_ROLL" then
		local arg1 = ...;
		if arg1 == self.rollID then hide() end
	end
end)

hooksecurefunc("BonusRollFrame_FinishedFading", function(self)
    if self.rewardType ~= "item" 
    and self.rewardType ~= "artifact_power" 
    and self.rewardType ~= "money" 
    and self.rewardType ~= "currency" then hide() end
end)

Update1: I wrote this in notepad and the code wasn’t tested at all so keep this in mind.

Update2: Fix function calls.

Update3: Pushed the addon to Curse; called GroupLootContainerFix, might take few hours to be available and you need to the set the TwitchApp client to show alpha releases.

Update4: Should be available on Curse website now, still not available on TwitchApp.

I’ll test it more over the weekend.

Unfortunately the add on fix did not work for me nyxecute :frowning: but i would like to thank you for pushing forward and finding a work round for people. On the flip side its a shame that although we are reporting this there is no feedback to say they are aware or that it is blizzard related due to patch. I 100% did not have this issue before patch. /reload every game is getting me fully dampened.

Merry Christmas All

1 Like

Can you please help me to help you and type /fstack and list the frames that you see? I’d love to help people fix this because I know how frustrating it can be. :wink:

1 Like

Love the help , but currently i am personally away , but i’d like to thank you and wish you happy holidays!

1 Like

Hi there nyxecute

The current 1 that covers the entirety of the screen is
medium
<1> timertracker
<0> UIparent
World
<0> World frame
The other that is dead centre of my screen is
Medium
<1> timertracker
–><1>SpellActivationOverlayFrame
<0>UIparent
World
<0> Worldframe
Not sure if that helps any, but its the top 1 that covers the entirety of screen and it only shows after hovering over the the centre spellactivationoverlayframe 1. This is with 0 add ons enabled.

Edit : The add on is now working for me thankyou so much :slight_smile:
P.s dont worry its our fualt as usual never the game :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone who doesn’t want to download an addon - you can use:
/run GroupLootContainer:Hide()

Bind it as a macro and keybind it for a temporary fix.

I just click this outside of arena games now and the problem goes away. Got sick of waiting on Blizzard to fix something.

3 Likes

wow , thanks mate this would help.

Upvoting this for fixing the issue.
Shame on you Blizzard for having such an issue for almost a month, not knowing what the problem is and have players identify the source of the problem and figure out a workaround for it.

SHAME

i have the same problem, seems its not fixed.

I have similar issue with my Razer Naga Trinity.

When I right click to turn most of the times it is skipping. It is a big issue because as a tank every second and movement counts. This began to appear after 8.1 patch, before that I had no issues.

So far I used

/run GroupLootContainer:Hide()
/script SetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”, 1);

disabled all FPS limiters but still got the issue.

It is also not character or instance specific, I got issue when moving in the world or in raid.

I tried disabling Razer Synapse, reinstalled WoW, run without any addons, cleared cache but it is still there.

I don’t have any issues in other games or in desktop.`

Edit.

I normally play at max graphic setting and issue persists, but if I lower graphic level to 7 mouse turns to normal.

I have i7 6850K CPU, 64GB RAM, GTX 980 VGA card and game is installed on Samsung 970 Pro m2 SSD.

Any updates?

Even running game without addons didn’t solve it. Also setting graphic setting to 7 didn’t help. After several hours issue came back.

Bump. Was enjoying couple of days /wo the issue, now it’s back. <3

PS. Blizz, do you even code?

Turning off “Open Loot Window at Mouse” at Game Menu -> Interface -> Controls seems to have solved it for me. I have only tested for few hours now but so far no issues.

I’ll do some more testing and see if it holds.

2 Likes

HI ALL! i have mouse SCIMITAR PRO RGB, i have problem with right click, in some point in game just start crazy, or stop work…
ADDON is PROB, for me FLYPLATEBUFFS addon , i like to use it, but, bcs of that addon my mouse start messt up… i just disable addon and thats works for me…
PS. When i enter in game i have msg disable addon or ignore, and when i go ignore, prob start for me…
So try to disable all addons and enable one by one and play with evry 10min, and than you know in what addon is prob.
Sorry about my eng, i hope you will understand me… PEACE!

1 Like

More bumps. It is not addon or hardware related. Even playing without addons doesn’t help. Also I gave my mouse 3 times for RMA due to this and problem still persists.