Multibox Farming

People doing this should be banned immediately. Leaving a toon at every Lotus spawn in a zone = FIX it now Blizzard.

If you want to multibox fine,no one cares, exploiting and hording all the spawns should mean a permanent ban.

Reported them / him / her / it, everytime I see them, ofc 3 - 4 months later they are still there.

You game is a joke. Fix it or watch it die.

9 Likes

If you pay forfive accounts, you are allowed to be in 5 places. If you feel outclassed you are free to join them.

8 Likes

For the love of… No it’s multiple accounts.

1 Like

Ain’t multiboxing when you spread different characters around on different locations.

2 Likes

Multiboxing shouldn’t have been allowed on Classic for this and many other reasons. But it is… so… Please stop reporting them. They’re not violating any rules.

6 Likes

If a multiboxer can pay more to be in several places at once, its only fair that a single boxer should be able to pay be at 2 places at once. If a multiboxer is allowed to pay for 2 accounts and have twice the damage output, a single boxer should be allowed to pay to double the damage his single character deals

2 Likes

Maybe if we report them enough, blizzard wakes the f up and changes the rules.

Do you even think about what you write?

9 Likes

They are allowed to pay and get a second account.

1 Like

Whats the difference between paying to have 2 char, effectivly doubling your power, or paying to double the power of a single character?

1 Like

You don’t really double your power though.
Playing multiple characters simultaneously as well as individuals could play those characters separately is pretty much impossible. I completely agree that multi-boxing is a real problem in Classic and it shouldn’t be allowed. But it is. Banning multi-boxing now would be 7 months too late and completely unfair to those who do multi-box.

3 Likes

You dont double your power through limitations set by the game, but by limitations of player ability. Both options would have equal theoritical opportunity.

Debatable. The game isn’t made to be multiboxed, hence it being a problem in the first place.
That goes both ways. The game lends itself very poorly to multiboxing and requires 3rd party software to make it tolerable. Even then it’s not great.
These people are paying multiple times your subscription fee AND for 3rd party software to have an inferior gaming experience.
And as said, they’re not violating any rules and while I agree that they ought to be, changing the rules now is too late and unfair to them.

It’s easier to 1vX a multiboxer than it is a real player anyway, so PVP-wise they’re really doing you a favour.

1 Like

The game doesnt limit or make it difficult in anyway for having 10 characters with herbalism sitting in ghost form at 10 lotus spawns. Or having a 60 mage boost your alts in dungeons, or being able to get your alt boosted by another player while farming gold on another character, or having a char consistently check ah for sniping auctions while being able to play the game on another char or… oh and their this boxer on gehennas thats sits in ghost form with 20+ shamans, waiting for raids in brm, then he rezes them all and uses sapper, effectivly increasing his power by a factor of 20+, and having the same effectivness as a group of 20 or so players rezing ontop of a huge amount of players going for suicide sapper play. With the lag you only get at best 1 global off either way. So yes i would argue that in a lot of cases, game design does not hinder multiboxing whatsoever

1 Like

The fact that they need to be geared separately, healed separately, that you can target and kill the extra characters.

That is completly irrelevent. If you have 1 frostbolt doing twice the damage of a regular frost bolt, or 2 frostbolts being cast by different sources simultaneously, the effective damage output is identical. Also before you use the argument of leveling, the fastest way of leveling any non mage character, is to first lvl a mage on a dead server and then use that mage to boost your other character. So in fact for any class other than mage, multiboxer can lvl a 4 man team faster than any average player can lvl a single char solo

1 Like

Enough! It’s NOT illegal. For the game it makes NO difference is it’s FIVE people on FIVE account or ONE person on FIVE accounts. And it’s not different from the players perspective. Also It’s so rare that it’s hardly an issue.
Off the top of my head I can give five issues that are actual problems and dwarf multiboxing in no particular order:

1. Bots in Hinterlands DOZENS of them.
  2. Bots in PvP.
  3. Bots in Start.
  4. Server population imbalance.
  5. Wall exploit in AV.
    So no a few people that multibox don’t effect the game that much. It’s strange to get blasted by ten shamans at the same time but it’s not like you’d stand much of a chance alone VS ten accounts no matter if they are run by one person or ten.
1 Like

Yes it is, last time i multiboxed FBI knocked down my door

I would ban it in a heartbeat. It’s clearly a mockery of wow classic and allows one person to gain an unhealthy amount of power that clearly isn’t natural looking ingame.

Not to mention even if the multi accounts is allowable what about all the third party programmes and crud they use to mobilise all their toons.

This topic again with same nonsense arguments.

It is completely irrelevant whether there is one or five people controlling 5 characters in the game. This is all about jealousy and bigotry. There is nothing else.

Some people have more resources than you have, bigger house, car, gaming rig, or whatever. Some can afford more accounts than you. Get over it.

4 Likes