Multiboxing is breaking the game

On average 2-3 laps around Nazjatar gives a stack of Zin’anthid and Osmenite Ore. I just did few laps and I couldn’t find a single node of Zin’anthid and found only 50-ish pieces of Osmenite Ore. Turns out there are more and more multiboxers which cause a node to instantly disappear when they loot it with all of their 5, 8 or even more characters at once. Effectively it’s getting harder and harder to farm and sometimes you just can’t find anything because there is a bunch of multiboxers hogging all resources.

This Pay to Win stupidity is destroying professions.

28 Likes

Oh really ?

Was pretty sure that the rule was “the node will disappear 1m after a player use it for the 1st time” and that’s it, no matter how many players use the node.

Unless there’s indeed a multibox cap as you said it just looks like you were unlucky and did your lap a before the nodes could respawn.

For the ores did you try the seams in the caves ? Back in 8.2 it was almost more efficient to do your lap between those caves as there’s much less competition and they yield more ore.

someone took herbs !

What is difference if 5 people do it and 1 on 5 chars ?

2 Likes

I guess it also matter how many ppl will loot given node becasue i’m landing right after MBoxer lands and before my bar finishes it says there is nothing to loot. And it’s like that all the time.

5 Likes

dont loot something looted before by 10 chars …

Have you thought going opposite direction …

You are literaly mad on others picking flowers…

tell me difference.

If there is few Mboxers in area there is nothing else to loot. If it’s one guy yes you can cut him out and make it work but sometimes its few of them + other players. Usually I can loot after other player but it’s imposible after Mboxer becasue node is instantly gone.

2 Likes

war mode on /off invite to some random group hunting people/wqs change shard fix.

IF they are everywehre then too many people pluck at your time!

I kill them on opposite factoin xD

Nodes disappear after either a time or after they’ve been looted enough times. Multiboxers usually instantly make nodes and herbs disappear.

One requires 5 people to invest time, the other requires one person to invest time. I know you, and all those people multiboxing love this argument, but you are well aware that it’s beyond silly. There’s a huge difference between 5 people spending 5 minutes to gather herbs and one person spending 5 minutes to gather herbs. Namely the fact that one requires 5 people, while the other requires one person with 5 accounts.

And regarding OP, multiboxing is part of the game, it earns Blizzard more money and thus they love them more than regular players. Unless they’re actively botting, there’s nothing you can do about it. My recommendation would be using warmode, there’s less multiboxers around. However, don’t use warmode on Horde during 30% alliance bonus weeks and don’t use warmode on alliance during any other week. It’ll save you some sanity.

10 Likes

Oh another MB topic…

This is both new and exiting.

4 Likes

What nonsense you are talkign about.

WAR MODE 24/7

I know right? :popcorn:

2 Likes

I despise multiboxers as much as the next person, mostly because they just re-use the same debunked arguments in an endless loop, havent even read the other comments but its probs like :

‘‘but if i multiboxx 5 people, then you can just get 5 people on your own, no difference’’

‘‘It’s fair because you can just kill the main of my controllers and then im screwed, free honor for you’’

Now that being said, OP just do gold emissary, farming herbs & mining nodes is pointless, not because of multiboxers but it’s the main way of most peoples moneymaking way, it will always have high traffic

Heck theres a 2000 gold from tortilla seekers Rn you can do and probs buy 200+ Ores And/or herbs, heck multiboxers even make them dirt cheap

1 Like

I know right, we havent had enough of them already

I’m starting to get tired of these, and i mostly agree with most of these threads

I’ts not really part of the game becasue MMORPG’s aren’t design for user to run multiple isntances of the game at the same time not to mention some MMO’s strait up bans Mboxing.
It’s only part of them game in WoW becasue Blizzard’s corporate logic is kicking in which is “monetize everything”.

2 Likes

There are many things for what something is and is not designed nad people enjoy doing it.

Was there since day 1.

1 Like

xDDDDDDDDDDD

1 Like

Just because people enjoy something it doesn’t mean it should be allowed so your logic is clearly broken.

3 Likes

Well yes. You’re not wrong. But there’s genuinely no point in crying over it. It won’t change. Blizzard loves money more than anything and that’s simply something I’ve personally come to accept, because it saves me a large amount of sanity during the “Ion Game Design”-encounter. I don’t have a necklace I can channel to refill it, so it’s kind of a precious resource.