My take on the 58 boost (41yo oldschool wow player)

Oh I get what you are saying, but uhm, it remains a video game. If you have to go through content you don’t enjoy to be able to start the content you (may) enjoy, then players will drop off before they even get started. Ofc you can argue that they then don’t belong in an MMORPG, but well, the real deal was walked through 14 years ago, give it a slack :slight_smile: let them try it out and explore Outlands without having to go from Elwynn to Winterspring first.

1 Like

If this boost(as I believe) will bring more players into classic TBC and give Blizzard more revenue out of this project I’m fine with it. There is a fine line here and I don’t think Blizzard has crossed it. We are in the end of Classic ERA, and to let those who don’t want to spend months leveling in classic to be able to jump into TBC faster is IMO not harmful.

We also have to remember that Blizzard offer 1 boost per account, the new races cant be boosted and you will not get any shortcuts to crafting. It’s very limited in that way and is not close to any retail boost.

I am however worried that they will keep on adding these pay 2 skip options, but if Blizzard are able to keep it 1 payed boost per expansion only I see no harm in it. I will be strictly against anything else they invent, but I’m totally fine with this 1 convenience thing since it benefits Blizzard and us as we will see more players jumping on board.

Remember larger profits for classic means more investments, maybe not much but if they can show off good numbers from classic it will be a benefit for all of us!

5 Likes

We were having a healthy discussion going on strong. Then you and “your crew members” like Tanvar came along. Throwing things as reasons which were completly without thought and only about your selfish ego’s.

Now you come here trying to (secretly as in ohh we do not notice this) promoting a podcast nobidy ever heard about or wants to hear.

2 Likes

We were having a discussion about the boosts before you started flinging insults around.

So grow up, talk like a mature person and maybe we will listen to what you have to say

3 Likes

“hurr durr blizzard cant have more money because i said so!”

1 Like

There are many, many arguments detailled under this thread, I will quote again:

Boosting is bad because it:

• Help bots start profitting earlier and create an influx of new botters.
  • Devaluate the time and effort that other players put into levelling new characters.
  • Devaluate profession mats because people can boost alch/tailor alts to make transmute alts.
  • Skew faction balance more, especially in horde dominated servers, as many guilds can now change factions easier.
  • Fill the game with more fotm classes and specs, like hunters and warlocks.
  • Make the community a lot more toxic, since a lot of unexperienced/new players will be in the same basket with experienced players, causing issues and everyone will start calling others out for being “boosted”.
9 Likes

Im not insulting nobody, im being very civil. Does not mean im telling you what you want to here, but that is somethign else altogether

Gangster you’re basically ignoring anything that made TBC great and requesting retail features.

You have stated in a previous thread that we are stuck in the past so why are you still here?
Go play your modern games and leave us to enjoy our older game

7 Likes

What you said is what I was after, a civil talk on it. I am not Gods gift to Earth and I know best but to get the talk going without the nonsense.

I do see where you are getting at. You don’t agree with me (that much) and that’s fine, considering how you put it. Just like I don’t agree them adding a shortcut for money.

implying you need experience to press 1 button in tbc, kekw.You cant make a classic community toxic, because toxicity already at its peak thanks to people like you.

4 Likes

Cmon man you are smarter then this.
TBC classic is not the same as TBC if we are being specific.
It will get changes. Like the boost, you do not want it but it is here to stay.
So… why not more usefull improvements which i have a post about. Which you can visit and talk in it and bring in some ideas of your own.

Blizza…uhm I mean Activision doesn’t make enough money already with Retail with all the name/race changes, subs, server transfers, mounts, pets etc.

So they “need” to milk Classic TBC more by adding something that wasn’t there in the first place by your standard?

So yes hurr durr. I wasn’t going to reply to this but there, I said it. If you don’t have anything of valey to add to this topic then, well I shouldn’t have to say it.
There are plenty other simular threads out there that can help with your need to say things like that.

I hope you give up half of your salary with this atittude(obviosly n
ot)

1 Like

And how is that reply helping or adding anything helpful to the topic at hand? Thanks for making it easier whom I won’t spend time on. Good luck in life.

3 Likes

You criticize company for earning money.Keep being Hypocrite mate.

I’m sure Blizzard earns money with Hearthstone card packs, Overwatch loot boxes, and Shadowlands services.

They dont need to mess with the classic era too

5 Likes

In MY opinion, a mmorpg need to require effort. It makes you feel more attached to your character, rewards actually feel earned, not handed to you. Investment into your character is really imortant. A boosted char set you up to try it out and then throw ut in the bottom of your character selection tab because you cheesed it. And honestly. If you can’t commit enough to level a character from 1-58, WoW is bot the game for you. And don’t give me the bullshift answer “I’m only in it for end game/pvp”. There are plenty of other games that can satisfy your needs. It is 100% obvious that the character boost only ended up coming to TBC because money. But hey! Let’s go down the same slippery slope we did with retail…

9 Likes

Another great video. Be mindful. May contain trigger words for Retailers.

(Why does no one understand what’s important in an MMORPG anymore?)

It’s the sad truth that you can’t go to most game forums nowdays and expect a civil talk. Just the same bs all over. Nothing more but selfish, insecure and “I’m so badass I have X title” attitude. Funny thing is, these people don’t get it that by acting like they do, make people not want to play the game(s).

5 Likes

Because you said so?Im sure you earn enough to pay for rent food etc so maybe throw the rest?Why you make decisions for others?

1 Like

Oh please, let’s not pretend that classicees aren’t sensitive. They can always hide behind a “but but but but MMORPG”-comment.

2 Likes