Mythic+ leavers, penalty for this please

The game should record the number and type of keys a player has left, just like it records keys completed/depleted.

game should monitor key leavers. if its excessive, punishment.

basically all you said can be grouped under “l2p”

All party members should have the same stake in the dungeon run. Perhaps they all have a Key to use to enter.
The keys should only downgrade if the run is not completed. If it is complete but not within time it should just not level up.
There could be a deposit added to run the key, 10,000g, if you complete the run you get your deposit back. If you time it you get 15,000g. Or use Order Resources / Supplies / whatever currency.

There are mechanisms that could be used to improve the community within M+. Shame it’s just left as anarchy.

[quote=“Sershik-aegwynn, post:18, topic:425110, full:true”]

and who invited him over 9289082908908 other dps in que ?

you did ?

well then those are the consequences.

maybe next time invite someone with 50 score less and and 2 itlv lowr but who will really benefit from completion instead hoping to be boosted.

to be fair you alredy should have known its gonan be sshow the moment you went to dragon instead storm boss as first on tyranical week -_-

I would give them a day ban on that character. Or let’s say it can be skipped if they had three full wipe at least, after that they can leave without any penalty.

I’d much rather lust the biggest trash pull in dragon area first, do dragon, then lust storm than go to storm first and have to clear 5-6 trash packs before putting lust on cd.

If it takes you any less than 10 minutes to be done with the first area, which it should, you’re better off going dragon first.

There must be a penalty. Even if you leave a dungeon that you have found via group finder, you get 30min penalty… what about mythic plusses? You think that it is less important than a bloody heroic group finder dungeon?

No-one expects to get boosted, only the people in your head. :heart:

Also we always invite people at our rio or below so you’re poor reasoning is irrelevant.

For some people (including myself) it’s not a punishment. I almost never do my own key. 99% of the time, I don’t even know what level or dungeon the key I have in my bags is. So having it depleted is not a punishment.

Score/gear are indicators but not big ones because players can buy boosts for ratings or get carried if they have highly skilled friends/relatives.

About that hunter, while it seems from your story that he is wrong, may be you were wrong if I read his side of the story? May be the group kept verbally abusing him about his low DPS or whatever. No one should be forced to withstand verbal abuse even in a zero deaths run with the key still being in time.

But even if he was wrong, for every player who leaves for no good reason, there are 20 who leave groups for good reasons. You can’t punish the majority because of the faults of the minority.

1 Like

Score/gear isn’t completely accurate but the amount of runs they have done is. You may see loads of people advertising boosts but you’ll be surprised how many of them actually don’t. People always bring up the boosting excuse, it’s not as big as you make out.

No one said anything to him he just left, you’re just assuming. Also the majority isn’t the leavers its the 4 other players you screw over everytime someone leaves. So for those 20 leavers 80 others got shafted.

If they add a tracking for key leavers then they will just fake dc. All those topics solve nothing

Ok, so if a group of 3 people invite 2 randoms, they in essence have the 2 randoms keys as ransom… I’m sure that wouldn’t be abused /sarcasm

Also sure no one would troll people by joing as a group of 3/4 people to just disband the group for giggles.

Nah, the solution is already in the game, make friends and play with them.

i find it interesting that the “keyholders” are usually the worst players/lowest dmg/worst mechanics and don’t interrupt. These same people make these threads. Laughably unaware how bad they are.

Most decent pugs are not going to risk their key. I can’t even remember the last key i did of my own.

I am sad to say, that buying boost for gold is not the only way buyers buy their boosts. The ad spammers in game claim they have hundreds of thousands of reviews.

Actually players boosted for gold are much more likely to have some experience than those boosted for cash because those sites have the a guy play the buyer’s char.

The amount of runs also don’t say much.

I didn’t assume. I said “may be”. My point is there are always 2 sides of any story. I can’t take your side for granted without asking the hunter why he left. May be he had a valid reason to leave (and may be not).

If the group keeps wiping on the same boss and can’t get it below 60% hp, the other 4 were actually shafting themselves trying content they can’t handle, and the leaver actually did them a favour by saving their time.

If the other 4 abused the leaver verbally, they deserve to get shafted.

I also didn’t say the majority are leavers. Read my words and don’t twist them. I said the majority of leavers leave for good reasons.

Blizz could maybe add in an option for untimed runs. Giving the option for difficulty without the pressure of the clock. If it’s specified in the group finder as untimed maybe your key doesn’t deplete or upgrade. Allowing people to run at a level they’re comfy with before attempting to upgrade against the clock. Sure awards might have to be adjusted. But it’s a middle ground option.

the thing is you can always check before hand if you have the necessary utility. for example, a couple of days ago i got out of a run where i didn’t used solar beam (playing balance druid, and i alswqys ask if is needed or not). i queue to another group, get invited, hop into a flight to the dungeon and go grab coffee. return and was booted from the group. reason was for me not having beam. i didnt had the chance even to ask or not, yet the leader checked that.

Your wasting their time by leaving

Fenryr and odyn are easy bosses