Mythic's are so toxic

hello am an experienced player that’s regular plays wow from time to time but I have noticed something off with, mythic dungeons some folks that normally do runs either quit right the start or somewhere in the middle of trash mobs or the boss of regular dungeon or a timed dungeon such as mythic’s there is where some players do that intentionally without thinking we need some sort of ban system for players, that do that intentionally not by much but lets say for an example you run a mythic +10 dungeon and the tank healer or DPS is leaving under a fight with the boss or killing trash that player, shud not be allowed in the same dungeon again for 30 minutes and if that keeps on going that player shud be at least get 3 hours I think that might resolve this issue same goes for raids 1 hour cooldown 30 minutes for dungeons/mythic.?!

I know we had this idea back before but I think this needs more overlooking then necessary

This new and exciting, go and read sensible rebuttals in any of 100 other threads.

14 Likes

It’s his 1st post…

2 Likes

and so obviously someone who hasn’t read the rules before posting.

1 Like

There is no rule such as you can’t create multiple threads for same topic. “Only those thread will be deleted”

Flows in the systems :grinning:

3 Likes

It is not only mythics that are toxic so are the pug groups. I was in one today for Dazalor on my alliance alt, so I could finish the alliance war campaign and there were a few people who had never did the raid before.

Of course you have others heckling the new people, screaming at them and we were not even close to losing, yes a few died but those of us who had did it before carried the raid and it was on LFR mode, the easiest around.

I helped 2 of the newbies with some tips and a few addons they may have wanted to try and they thanked me. Something has to change, because people cannot complain about the low player base but then treat players this way.

4 Likes

Don’t mean to bully you, but if you only this late into m+ scene got the impression that m+ PuGs are toxic, you are most likely not.

1 Like

Pugs has been toxic since Cata, it is not just mythics

3 Likes

I’d wish it wasn’t that bad.
But it’s even worse. People do leave even in successful keys. My last 2 +15 keys had leavers even though one was going in timer. And the second one was going on +2.

I’ve been posting/playing since 2012… Never read the rules.

2 Likes

Players are toxic.

2 Likes

Yea! So before any pug I pray to Areroth Gods to give me normal ppl. And they just ruin mine 8+ Underrot at start before 1h :joy: Why is so hard to find normal peps :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

This topic comes up regularly as you can see from some of the responses by others.

There is no punishment system for any pug content. Blizzard have said they aren’t going to impose any punishment system.

There are lots of reasons people leave and a penalty system is usually open to abuse. The only change you would get by forcing people to have penalties is instead of leaving they will go afk until the timer is depleted. Unless that is longer than the penalty you wish to impose on them.

As frustrating as it is to have people leave there is no simple way of resolving it. Some rather go with guildies or friends because it means there is less chance of someone quitting or being toxic to others. Others have been adding people to their friends lists or communities as and when they come across players they’d like to do dungeons with again. Some join communities for mythic plus.

1 Like

I’m guessing pugs are only toxic when you are learning, and make silly mistakes (that you won’t be aware of… because you’re learning).

I’d say I’ve maybe seen a handfull of toxic people in keys. And I’ve done 1000+ since BfA came out. The times people have gone toxic, is when someones just royally screwed up a key doing something mega stupid. And wasted 20 mins of everyones lives. You can understand why people lose their heads at times.

I’ve been there, and wanted to rage hard. 4x 15 underrot keys in a row, people have screwed up doing mega stupid things. Usually dying to a dumb mechanic like the maggot spewing, then running back and pulling half the dungeon and killing us all. That literally happened 4 times in a row. 2 hours of my time wasted for nothing, and about 5k gold.

Does that happen that often? Can’t recall that ever happened in runs I’ve been in. Sure after a stupid wipe or two, a bugged pack/boss or whatever - some leave (understandable). But randomly during a fight?

There are a zillion topics about this. TLDR:

• try to communicate that you’ll aim to finish it, even if the timer expired or may expire
  • check who you invite
  • play with guildies and/or friends.

A friend and I were pugging a +15 in Shrine and the tank got knocked off the platform on the first boss and died, he left the group. It meant the key was dead and I can only conclude he left because he was embarrassed.

A different friend had a similar experience where the healer left his own key after dying on a first boss. That was a key under 10 as well.

+1

1 Like

Bro. It is easy to to just find some nice player to regualry do mythics.
A good start would be on this forum or just by simply playing you have a very good chance to find some people to do m with.

1 Like

I would never leave key mine or others and dont get guys who do that. :thinking:
Even if I done some mistake or play bad hahah we all have bad days . Important is to finish it and it is not impossible .

1 Like

Someone made a really good post with reasons and different perspectives why people leave.

Quoted from Can we please start naming and shaming m+ leavers ? - #24 by Hínáta-kazzak

I tend to stay to the end of keys if they run over or not. People are all different.

For some it’s a time constraint. They signed up for a key being done on time and it’s not going to make it, they are going to use their time productively so leave and find a new run that will be on time.

Some wont tolerate when someone goes into toxic tyrade mode at someone else for a simple error. So they leave rather than have to listen to a toxic player explode at them. I have never understood this need to be abusive or vile to other players and it rarely makes them play better, usually has the opposite effect.

There are lots of different scenarios. It’s not really a one size fits all.

1 Like

That is one extra thicc void elf.

3 Likes