Name Change For Free

Hello,

I’ve been looking around the forums to see if anyone else had brought this subject up, but came up short. I’m sure everyone has been asking themselves the same question, shouldn’t name change be free along with gender change being free? I realize this might be a little greedy to even ask and might backfire into gender change not being free at all, but bear with me, I’ll keep this short and simple.

You guys are supporting the ideology that someone who feels a certain way inside should be able to reflect who he/she is in his/her online avatar, which I respect, but isn’t your name part of that too?

If we take real people who go through sex change operations as reference, we can see that they usually change their names as well.

Having ONLY the sex change service free and not the name change, will lead into seeing a bunch of female characters named George and Carl stuck with their names, trapped and doomed to pay the character re-customization, which today, comes with the gender change as well.

I realize that this might be abused to have players change name every other day, so I suggest having the service on a 3 month cooldown, just like the paid service, but at least it’s free and truly supportive of the courageous people who take this lifetime decision.

“I beg of you, have pity on my beloved Hulkbrogan, she hasn’t been feeling quite herself lately.” -A Future Wow Player

Thanks for your Time

10 Likes

I’m dyslexic, I named one of my characters wrongly and then I realized my mistake at lvl 120. Name change FAQ tells me to delete my toon and create new one. I call this one a bummer

3 Likes

what about bnet name chnages aswell once a month free aswell ?

2 Likes

What about server transfers for free too? Maybe twice a week.

This would still be abused by people looking to harass others even if it was just 4 times a year.

And this could be my ignorance showing but wouldn’t those who would want to change their gender more than once be doing this like every other day?

1 Like

A simple solution for this problem that every fa@#££¥ time i see is to have a single name for each gender if you want to change any of them then you gotta pay stop posting these nonsense asking for free name changes.

1 Like

I saw this very topic earlier today and it’s also been widely discussed in another

Discussion with speculation about barbershop before it was announced:-

1 Like

Thank you!
Ps: Puny always pop wings before you hoj

1 Like

I created this post literally 1 minute before that one, facepalmed when I saw it

That would be nice. What reason not to have this?

You have completely missed the point of the topic. The point is that it’s ridiculous to have one service free and the other not. Let’s say you want to make your orc a female, you will still be forced to be Rockgodx, as opposed to Rockgoddessx. You have to pay the fee, which comes with gender changing anyways as of today. Also if you are so bothered about these “nonsense” posts then why read it in the first place?

No, because then trolls and jerks would be hiding their history and abusing it.

Being rude, fear not - name change… It is ok how it is.

I only see this happening in a way like:
You get 1 free name change for only 1 character. for the entire account.
It only applies to account before the pre-patch.
FYI, free name changes exist already. They take time and you won’t be able to play with the character for a while.
Step 1: delete you character
Step 2: wait for the name to become available again.
Step 3: create a trial account and make a character with your old characters name.
Step 4: undelete your old character, it now requires a rename.

I think all character services should be severely reduced in charges. Surely it doesn’t cost them that much to automatically change a few excel spreadsheet cells.

2 Likes

No

if you name changed, that name wil still be yours for a month.

they can create a new avatar

you know, born again

I see the gender change as purely cosmetic. Name change is what people know you as. It’s your tag.
I feel like it would also promote “identity theft”, mockery, impersonation or the ability for overly negative people to hide themselves and just start fresh.

Of course a CD could prevent this but I still don’t like the idea of people I know changing names and becoming strangers. Not knowing if the BillyBob I played with last month is the same BillyBob I am playing with today.

1 Like

you can always report you own name for a name change. just say you name is offensive

Dont quote me on that.

It seems to take more than one report to trigger that and they don’t always agree :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.