Names against T&C's not being changed

At launch on my server I saw lots of players with names against the T’s and C’s. Examples are names such as “BigFaggBoys” and “DirtyJews”. Why people would even want to call there characters such names is beyond me.

Anyway, I reported these names and 4 weeks later, these players are still running around with the same names. Does the report feature actually work? I got told that there has to be a certain amount of reports before a name is actioned. Dreadmist is one of the worst servers for this, especially on the alliance side. Ive seen guild names and character names all against blizzards terms of service but nothing is being done about it.

Now i’m usually not one to complain about stuff like this, i normally just turn a blind eye, but when my server is littered with toxic alliance players with a name like “DirtyFaggBoys” in a guild called “Jeww Killers” who kill me and spit on my corpse, something is seriously wrong!

13 Likes

In the golden age of this game, the term “toxic” didn’t even exist. We just chuckled once on these names and continued playing. I miss those times dearly.

36 Likes

And in another post, someone got forced too rename his warlock named “Halal”.
Nice, Blizz really seem too have their priorities right. But then again, your fault for being offended. Just /ignore and grow a ticker skin.

13 Likes

“i’m usually not one to complain about stuff like this, i normally just turn a blind eye” . . . a few moments later . . . “who kill me and spit on my corpse”

I can see why you’re mad at those names :wink:

8 Likes

Like you said. It requires many reports. Seems youre the only one offended. Just goes to show that its never the affected groups that get offended its always the justice warriors lol.

10 Likes

When I was just a child, me and my brother were dreaming of how the world will be and how we will look like when the date just hits 2000. We were dreaming flying cars all around and the people will make colonies in the moon, etc.

It is now nearly 2020, and the humanity didn’t move away single bit. It is obviously the evolution either stopped or begin to go backwards. What a shame in the name of humanity. And for the people who are suggesting ignore it or get a thicker skin, the problem still exists even you close your eyes or ignore it.

These kind of people or the behaviors still exists because people ignore them instead reporting them. It is just a game keep your agenda, propaganda out of the game. But on the other hand it is good to know who I will not make a group with or join a guild with such a member with these names. And honestly I am happy not playing on PvP realms as it is obvious people are just showing their worst side in the game. Being rude, offensive or cocky is profitable and encouraging.

11 Likes

How about you just ignore it and move on?
People having “offensive” names doesn’t affect you in any way.

4 Likes

…Blizzard actually had GMs on the payroll.

9 Likes

If you chuckled at such names, then the term toxic fits you.

17 Likes

Toxic is a 21st century reinvented word used by
Snowflakes to describe anyone talking about “any topic” which snowflake gets offended by. True false right or wrong is not relevant. Its emotions baby. Let me gank you and bag you Please!?

25 Likes

I was like 15 back then, and yes I chuckled at them, I still do, at the creative ones. Better than being a 30+ manchild that can’t handle names in a video game.

18 Likes

Hmmm no not everyone chuckled at names like OP listed. Personally they served as a warning to me. Someone with a name like that probably is very immature and/or isn’t very nice.

How do you know this? OP didn’t say he wasn’t part of the groups the names insulted.

8 Likes

exactly, an incredible good warning sign
just like (watch out this will be toxic) tattoos on people you’ll see in rl

1 Like

If you think this is “creative” then the only manchild is you.

6 Likes

Whatever man, keep up your sjw crusade in a video game. Utter waste of time and energy.

10 Likes

If you think being against names like those describes is being a “SJW” then you’re too deeply ingrained by dumb internet memes to be saved.

11 Likes

It’s literally SJW tho. You can be against names like that without creating forum threads and demanding bans. It’s called growing up. Try it.

6 Likes

People using names like that are hard stuck on their 11th year of being alive. Anyone stating otherwise is part of the crew.

11 Likes

We chuckled at the names back then because we didn’t know any better. If you still do, then it means the world moved forward, but you didn’t.

The world was just as toxic 15 years ago, we just didn’t understand how calling someone a “fag” actually effected not only said person, but also every gay person. Every person fighting for his right to fit in to society, just to become a derogatory slur used to describe a person we didn’t like.

Or that kid you called a pussy, who got called a b**ch because he was feeling sad and depressed. The kid who learned to suppress all his emotions until one day he hit the breaking point and almost hurt someone? The kid that was taught to not show emotions because that’s un-manly, who instead became inhuman.

Or that girl in your guild, who was constantly harassed just trying to play the game she loved. Who decided to quit and always wish she could go back. Who feels lonely because she can’t do what she loves with her friends because she can’t take the fact that some men still see her as property.

It’s a 15 year old game, doesn’t mean we have to have a 15 year old world view as well. It’s 2019, get your f$#*ing act together, show other people you care about them, don’t give in to toxicity. Be a better f#$%ing person.

15 Likes

There’s literally irl English name “Dickinson” and you’re offended by virtual names intended to be a joke? This age is really sick, hope you’ll grow up soon.

10 Likes