Nerf disgusting mages

lol lmao you can get glad even if ur in a coma

But precisely the frost mage has one of the most effective tools against dh, and they are precisely the roots, something that the frost mage is spamming all the time. And the enha gives you a lot of war, but it eats damage like a champion and you can kill it perfectly with your 400k frost rays and your 300k pikes

Y’all sure forgot about mages, huh.

Maybe that’s a good thing.

:woman_mage:

In any case, I return to my original point: i do actually think representation is correlated with power and ease, and the reason I think this is that every time Blizzard over-buffs something it explodes into the ladder and sweeps it like a plague. M+ or Arena alone. Remember the ret plague?

Why is it that mages can lay waste to M+ while simultaneously failing utterly in PvP, but they’re OP in PvP? Does anyone know?

I think it’s reasonable for anyone to discuss the power of a class, but I also think that discussing the difficulty of paying one, if you don’t, is a bit daft. I’m quite amused at being told my class is easy all the time by bona-fide zugzuggers. If it’s so easy, prove it.

its powerful in pvp because anything but warrior isn’t designed around being RNG rooted and perma 70% slowed while they do 50-100k dps on you.

Yet they still die. You know how it feels to cast against a shaman? Yeah, we “weren’t designed” for that either. Doesn’t mean shamans are OP.

Just a general observation in this game that everybody and their mother have too many tools and how annoying that can get.

the majority of specs in the game dont even have half the cc mages do that alone specs volumes for a needed pruning.

And these other classes aren’t mages, so they instead have faster movement, more damage, healing, stuns, mortal strike, whatever.

Different classes are different.

Yeah the fact that they can be beat by me is irrelevant.
But the fact they can’t be beat by you, THAT obv means there’s a problem.

You play disc at 1600 what the f are you on about.

There are mages around that mmr they start placements at 2,4.

I’ve never claimed to be good at this. Quite the opposite!
And I’m also playing a very poor performing spec overall.
Yet its really obv on the field since the introduction of Phase Shift that priests have become a serious threat to mages.
Ofc, disc is really underperforming vs just about everything else in the meta so they aren’t really getting up there to challenge top mages I guess.

But hunting mages is the funnest part of playing disc atm. Give it a try! Spec anti-mage and aggressive, trade counters into their CC instead of hiding from it, dispel their everything. See what happens ^^

Disc loses this in 10.2 however.
The change to Shadow Covenant will prevent us from school dancing around spelllock.
The nerf to Mass Dispel will prevent us from closing the deal after mage has been been put on the ropes.
We’ll be back to cowering behind a pillar from these guys with everyone else :frowning:

The proof is in factual statistics. Mage is the 9th most played class in the entire game, yet Fire Mage is the 3rd most represented DPS spec above 2400 in 3v3, Arcane is the 3rd most represented DPS spec above 2800 and in solo shuffle it’s the most represented class above 2700 rating in both EU and NA.

So if we take this:

Then you are quite literally admitting that Mage is an easy class.

Nope. I’m admitting it’s a powerful class. If it were powerful and easy, it would be all over the bottom of the ladder, too - because people who don’t know how to play would still do well with it.

Either that, or it’s a deeply unappealing prospect to be a mage due to its class fantasy, but given what’s happening in Classic that certainly seems a stretch.

So what I’m concluding is: Difficult, but very powerful once learned.

just wanna highlight this, looking at +2400 is more beneficial than 2700-2800 which consist of ~3 people and their 10 alts

No it wouldn’t, because it is not a popular class. It is the 9th most played class in arena, yet Fire is the 12th most represented spec overall.

What even is your measurement of ‘all over the bottom of the ladder’ anyway? Fire Mage is very prevalent at all ratings.

2400+ proves my point even more

WHY NOT?!

Riddle me that. Why not? It should be - it’s very standard fantasy fare. Who isn’t inspired by Gandalf or Harry Potter?

No, they’re at around 1-2% at 1800+. With the amount of specs in the game, this is a bit low, but no cause for major concern. But when you compare it to the big boys - ret, arms, WW moonkin, etc. they are quite rare indeed. So they appear balanced until high rating - so high there’s barely 200 people there so it’s barely even relevant, but whatever - that’s the case. But you claim they are disgustingly broken. Well, if they are, clearly the vast majority of mages can’t even remotely take advantage of that to point where they fall below average.

Idk, do you want me to go and ask every player in the game that isn’t on a Mage why they’re not on a Mage?

Why should it be?

For you - not for me.

Me.

Please don’t come at me with factually incorrect statistics when resources are freely available to you. In 1800+ 3v3, Fire Mage is the 12th most represented spec and 8th most represented DPS spec. Fire has a 3.5% representation.

Fire Mage is the 12th most represented spec above 1800, Resto Shaman 11th.
Boomkin is 10th, Ret is 9th. I think we have different ideas of what ‘quite rare’ means.

Where did I say that? I said they are excellent performers, which is a factual truth. Why are you saying I’ve said things which I never did?

At least come up with a theory?

Sorcerer are the most popular in D4, Sorceress in D2, Wizard in D3, Mage is near the top in Classic, WotLK or Era, there are whole games and franchises made exclusively around the concept of a wizard, and they are massive blockbuster hit.

So clearly it’s not “just me” - it’s a very large amount of people.

In comparison, something like a Druid or Shaman should be quite niche - but it’s not by comparison. Why? Just riddle me a possible explanation, you don’t have to prove it.

My theory is a lot of people don’t like it because when they play it they feel overwhelmed. The data appears to back me up, but we don’t know.

Take it up with check-pvp

EDIT: Sorry, I had you confused with someone else. My sincerest apologies.

In any case, I still think it’s a question worth posing. If we can’t explain the low popularity with lore and culture or power, then what can we explain it with?

Lmao what’s the point in that? You’re asking me to speculate and guess why people don’t play a certain class in a game. Really?

Why SHOULD it? The first class I ever made in this game was a Druid because the very first trailer showed a Night Elf turning into a Druid.

I don’t bother with guesswork, I bother with factual truths.

Mage is more played than Hunters. Do people feel overwhelmed when they’re playing Beast Mastery pressing 2 buttons while NPCs play their class for them? Do people feel overwhelmed when they’re playing Marksmanship and hitting people for 200k + from camo? Mages are also more played than Demon Hunters. Do people feel overwhelmed playing Demon Hunter? You don’t know, I don’t know. You’re just guessing, i.e. wasting time.

:man_facepalming: check-pvp combines 2 regions.

How fun the specs are to play? I find Mages mind numbingly boring.

at 2.2

Priest is more played than mage in all brackets
2v2, 3v3, rbg, soloshuffle

and shadowpriest, is more played than fire, frost and arcane, in all brackets too, at 2.2, by all means, keep throwing numbers around.