Never EVER do it again

This season is the worst, longest and most time consuming entry to pvp in wow entire history.

Next time when ppl ask for pvp vendors, they don’t ask for stupid power level creep, tiers or other imaginationary bullcrap.

1 set of ilvl for honor gear
1 set of ilvl for arena/conquest gear
with something like 10 item level difference between them
Rest is cosmetics+maybe weapon at 2,1k

AND SQUISHED IN NON PVP COMBAT

PvP was never supposed to be about gear only.
Here are the calculations of how much of a power creep was introduced into shadowlands vs previous expansions and it’s not 10% what Ion thinks it is, it’s almost 33% in total.

17 Likes

While i don’t disagree with the power disparity when it comes to item level keep in mind that Ion was ONLY talking about pve with his skill statement. He wasn’t even thinking about pvp when he said that since he has absolutely no clue and doesn’t care about it all anyways.

5 Likes

exactly, that just shows how much out of touch is the game director

How do they keep it in line tho?

Make normal honor gear heroic raid ilevel and conquest mythic ilevel? They do that they delete all PvE below mythic raiding.

Issue is. PvP just needs their own entire gear system all together. just disable PvE gear in PvP. Or create PvP specific stats and disable PvE stats.

1 Like

just nerf the item level of pvp gear in non pvp combat

226 pvp gear will be 200 in raid etc.
case solved

Of course he didn’t mean that but the fact they ignore feedback and add such PvP telents shows how clueless they are

You don’t - problem solved. Basically if there are two PvP gears only (Honor/Conquest) PvE players after clearing raid/M+ can just play PvP and longevity of the content is extended.

PvP is also more welcoming/fun for new players so people can just play PvP for fun not because there is reward worth getting. Approach Blizzard took in 9.0 is short-term solution because engagement was high but PvE players didn’t actually like it.

I would disagree.

In PvP a new players likely to get absolutely demolished.

IncentiviZing PvP to pvers causes mass boosting problems. A problem your currently having the problem will reduce if you don’t have pvers gearing via it.

Disable PvE gear in PvP and give PvP its own gear progression. That easy.

Give PvP gear PvP equivilants to PvE stats disable PvE stats in PvP.

• easier to balance power differences.
  • easier to balance the stats if they don’t have to work in PvE.
  • takes pvers out of enforced PvP content

People who want to PvP add to the popularity. People forced to PvP adds to the boosting problem

Having new players queue into boosters and getting wrecked on repeat will build a barrier and reduce the popularity of PvP.

While they’re at it. Make boosting in rated arena against ToS. Top rated PvP ladders only have so many slots. Boosted players taking those pushs legit players out.

It’s damaging.

2 Likes

Isn’t it what I said?

Unless I misread you.

But not sorting those out will either make PvE mandatory to PvP or PvP mandatory to PvE.

They can’t be symmetrical and exist at the same time without some sorta loop being found to abuse one to gear slightly faster.

Seperattion is needed. If they want cohesive. Put a vendor in the game that allows you to buy the other contents currency with their currency.

Example - allow us to trade Valor in for honor.

That allows you to achieve PvP gear from PvE to then PvP with.

If you ment what I stated then I misread what u ment

no, it won’t

blizz already introduced WOD gearing method into 9.1

Now all they need to do is remove 12 tiers and squish them into 2 tiers:
basic honor gear
and
arena / conquest gear

that’s all, no incentive / mandatory obligation to farm arenas for pve players, no incentive to buy boosts

6 Likes

If Conquest gear is by default equal to let’s say Normal Raid ilvls and only scales up to an ilvl beyond the Mythic Raid lvl in PvP-content, then what is the incentive for non-PvPers to get that gear via a boost? It’s utterly useless outside of PvP.

All they then have to do is disable Non-PvP trinkets and voila, it works perfectly in both directions.

1 Like

Yes but that’s seperating the gear which I’m talking about.

They need to be seperate. Imho I’d like to see them invest more the. Rehashing WoDs system. But at this point most will take anything

That’s not separating, since you can still be sort of viable in Mythic Raid gear, but won’t have an advantage.

Separating would include a dedicated PvP stat like resilience.

It feels like the season is so close to being good, but gear and some few classes/abilities, blow it all up.

I have never had such a bad time playing an alt as I do today. I have also never meet so many boosters, and I have never had such a bad chance of beating booster since my gear is upwards of 30% worse.

I think I am subbing for a vision of wow, and I rarely find the product worthwhile my time or money. That’s probably the introspective hard reality :frowning:

PvP gear should be rubbish in PvE. And PvE gear be rubbish in PvP.

Here’s the problem.

For example. PvP gear equalises normal raid armour.

You just butchered m+0s and covenant armour instantly.

U create holes in the PvE gearing from start to finish regardless of what you do providing there is a benefit to it.

And sure “m+0 who cares” plenty of people only play the game as far as m+0 and reducing the activity around m+0 would directly affect them if you gave players a different gear path.

The systems should be seperate. PvP stats should return…

PvP and PvE don’t work remotely alike one another and it’s about time blizzard respect that instead of letting things feel awful for the sake of the other.

1 Like

Sorry but you are wrong.

A) Versatility isn’t a prefered stat for most of m+ / normal cn players apart from tanks
B) Wodgearlike introduces a pvp item level squish in pve
C) honor gear is equal to covenant gear right now and covenant gear is much easier to obtain than fully decked honor gear which requires over 90045 honor to be fully 197.

There is no need to introduce a seperate pvp stat since we have versatility and next raid tier won’t introduce HEAVY focused versatility gear (just checked) nobody will have to do any raiding to start pvp, there is maybe a good ring and bracers there i’d care to get as a pvp player only.

And with wodlike gearing the squish wou

The issue is in PvE they’ve butchered secondary stats. Now for alot of classes the secondary stat difference is so small it doesn’t matter.

Also several speccs utilise Vers as their strongest ability.

We care about ilevel. Not stats. Not DPS. Ilevel.

Soo much depends on your ilevel when being accepted into groups. U underestimate how much that number really means.

What your saying rings true for current. Vers is still bad for alot of speccs. Yet people still farming me

Cause who cares about stats when the numbers bigger lmao.

If what Ur saying was true no one would be farming PvP gear currently. Yet they are.

I don’t beleive we will get the “squish” you think we will.

And if Vers is so widely accepted why has there been hundreds of topics begging for resilience back 🤦🤦

Easy cause Vers sucks and was a dumb attempt at some compromise.

Vers shouldn’t of ever been a thing. Bring back resilience.

WoD is only considered good because it was the least time pvpers got something half decent

Pre WoD was when it was at its best.

No, they didn’t. Not even close.

1 Like

ilvl squish in pve is pretty decent, besides that, there is no 2,4k weapon anymore, 2,1k, so there won’t be that much desire from pve players to get pvp gear via boosts

Can you elaborate on your thought?

Be better to just have 1 tier of conquest gear and one honor have a whole set bonus that just gives damage reduction and attack in pvp content like 30% for conq and 20 for honor or whatever ends up feeling right