New Fresh Start Realms Available with Pre-expansion Patch

On Wednesday, 31 August, there will be two new Fresh Start realms available for character creation and play immediately after patch maintenance is complete. Those realms will be:

Thekal (PvP)
Giantstalker (Normal)

We’re really looking forward to seeing you there next week!

37 Likes

Are you open to the idea of having a PVE server at all, are there any plans to add a server if it turns out that Thekal is extremely populated?

Thanks.

39 Likes

I foresee large queues and a volatile population count with this that will only turn other potential people interested in fresh servers away from it completely.
This may be sustainable in the long run but for a launch experience, this is terrible.
At least one PVE server is essential.

38 Likes

well i can definately say that either you open atleast 1 PvE server. or i wont go fresh. this is simply BAD customer service

in short. atleast 1 PvE AND 1 PvP per region. otherwise you might as well not make ANY fresh servers

42 Likes

Why no fresh PvE Server? Have to say I’m rather doubtful about returning if it means I have to either play on a PvP server or not reroll fresh, which was a major incentive for me to come back in the first place.

34 Likes

Oh wow, I was right. Only one server and it’s PvP. Hmm. I quite like this. Takes away the choice of having to pick between a PvE and PvP realm, and ensures the server will be popular!

11 Likes

Are you trolling around Blizz??
1 PVP for whole EU??
Thats a joke right?

26 Likes

There are plenty of PvE servers already available.

2 Likes

did you not just misspell “unplayable”

8 Likes

Surely theres no way it’s only 1 server AND its pvp…surely not right?..

21 Likes

Vote up for 1 PvE Server… Pls Blizz, dont troll us

60 Likes

WoW can barely have 40 man in one place.
How is 1 server for all of EU to work? With Hundreds?

7 Likes

One Server for the whole of EU? Ok, i can live with Babylon.

Only PVP? Really? C´mon…

13 Likes

People saying 1 ain’t enough must have not been paying attention this year with Season of Mastery which bled players very quickly with 5 servers and now only 1 server of the 5 has anything close to enough people.

No shock here Blizzard is being much more conservative this time. The most people will always be at launch and then there will be a huge drop off like every other fresh ever. I can see them adding 1 PvE server maybe, but it’s much smarter to start small here based on historical evidence.

9 Likes

If they add a PVE server afterwards, with no transfers on fresh servers after at least 90 days anyway, what are the people that wanted PVE to begin with to do? We are stuck. Because of a lack of communication.

8 Likes

At least someone here has a brain. They and we don’t want lots of dead servers again.

5 Likes

What time exactly will this happen? 4AM morning CEST on the 31aug or so?

3 Likes

I’m completely fine with there only being a very limited amount of servers for fresh. But being forced to roll on a PvP server if you want to level with everyone else during the hype phase then that’s just plain stupid. Keep it to two servers per region, one PvP and PvE so people actually have a choice if they wanna be ganked 47 times an hour.

20 Likes

I understand that it happens, but im not sure why it is such a huge problem to merge the servers once populations dwindle?
it should be always the option to merge lowpop servers.

Also, i want PVE server, because im going Ally. If i want pvp, horde is my choice so this would force my hand…

4 Likes