New Interview about Tyrande and Sylvanas

Ehmm…no.

We can all argue for the improvement of the story, but not at expenses of ruining someone else’s turf.

Forsaken already ruin turf’s as well.

Why do you think I’ve personally banned them from Suramar. We spent 10,000 years and more, keeping it’s blessed streets and canals clean. We don’t want a few walking dead freaks plaguing up our blessed city in just a few minutes.

Don’t want to be that guy…but I found the darkshore cinematics utter cringe… The Horde races were nothing more than dumb one dimensional homogenized thugs or derpy teens like in a horror movie, if they could do it without that farce, them I could stomach some more of it.

On the other side, Don’t get me wrong though, I sympathise with atleast most of you, and I get the disappointment of Tyrande not facing off Azshara herself(but if the latter doesn’t die, it could still happen and at a point where it makes more sense).

By ‘turf’ i meant plots and stories. Wasn’t speaking literally.

Darkshore is Horde turf?

This interview just confirms that Blizzard is trying to backpedal from the whole ‘Burning of Teldrassil’ event because they now have realized that they have (please excuse my choice of words here) completely fu**** up. Seemingly no one on their team expected such a huge backlash about the burning of a few thousand innocent civilians.

They wrote the event with shock-value in mind, and only now realize the extreme consequences such an action would entail. And now they backpedal and downplay it. Suddenly the resurrection of Derek is a huge deal for Baine, who would have normally rebelled directly after the War of the Thorns. And suddenly Tyrande got her revenge by getting black eyes and destroy a camp of undead soldiers.

They try to sweep Teldrassil under the carpet. They try to ignore it and finish it up in order to not deal with the consequences of their writing. Coupedegrace already wrote it,

5 Likes

You’re assuming the interns writing the story at Blizzard HQ are capable of comprehending player feedback.

3 Likes

Not really. They just Need to cut off the head of the snake, i.e. sack the chief moron in charge (make that 2) and the team of writers will fall in line. Providing Blizzard will really make an effort to hire a true talent (no celeb) at coherent, logical, in-depth story-telling. And, no bloody rule-of-cool allowance for the new guy!

1 Like

If they got people in who don’t write their characters to showcase political RL ideologies, that would probably cause folks like Golden to quit…

…that would be a dream.

2 Likes

Well well well. I did say it won’t ever get any better for the Night Elves, after 8.1.

Seems I jumped ship at the right moment then! I do hope the story will improve for those who keep hanging around, knowing full wel that the story just cannot improve anymore with Blizzard writing themselves in a corner.

I love that Blood Elves and Nightborne atleast get some proper lore in 8.3, though! And I am happy for Jaina fans to have her get her zillionth character arc! I hope the Goblin and Worgen new models and heritage Armor will look awesome to! :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

8.2 dearest - unless you know something we don’t :wink:

2 Likes

When Grom met Night Elves he told:

" These women fight with unmatched savagery! I’ve never seen their equal. They are… perfect warriors. "

I hope to see real revenge from Night Elves side. And it should be evil.
Because we must see the same savage Night Elves as Grom did. The real Night Elves.

4 Likes

We won’t. And I’ve had arguments with people for the past few days over related topics. ‘‘It’s gonna be hilarious once they get their entire lands back after this,’’ was one such comment. Even though we ‘got our revenge’ is an official statement. No point arguing with such people, save your breath, move on to a new game, greener pastures/fields/forests/etc. I don’t agree with everything you say, Russian nelf, I want to agree with you here but it’s clear that we’re on our own.

3 Likes

Although I am gonna miss this game(and some of posters on the forums) I already stopped playing for another go at Skyrim! Been thinking about trying ESO, but I’m not entirely sure about it D:

Ofcourse I know more then you! You lesser Highborne! XD

3 Likes

I know the feeling - I invested quite the passion into this game, and a fanfic involving thousands of hours of work and research. I’ll miss the moments that were good enough to inspire me back into writing after a 10 year hiatus.

They have ‘play free’ weekends from time to time, try then. I know Steam doesn’t do MMO refunds.

Interesitng though, that they said that about tyrande, yet jaina gets such a huge role all the way around. Jaina’s appearance in 8.0, and 8.1 is not considered “had her share”, but Tyrande’s un-necessary dark shore stunt.

3 Likes

They worked this all so badly… So they purposely give tyrande a very meaningless inconsequential warfront – a warfront , and think that’s enough, that she has had her share… Azshara that is so much more inovlved and a part of night elf lore, - they think it is some how okay to shelve tyrande so others can have some space - you mean others they’ve giviing air time constantly for all manner of plots, yet the only other major night elf affair outside the leigon, (i.e. Azshara) excludes the very night elves - and they think Tyrande had her share is a good enough reason.

It’s like they don’t even know their lore - the way i see it, we’ve had 14 years of wow, with little to nothing of Tyrande, and very few night elf specific things. We get the first expansion in 16 years of a night elf related topic - i.e. legion - she plays a small role in 1 zone, and a small role in the other zone of hte next patch, both she and the night elves don’t feature at all for the rest of the expansion for their main big baddie. But Khadgar is fine having far more prominence than any of the kaldorei

Then they “give them their turn” - which is to slaughter them - and that’s their air time… slaughter and genocide.

When fans complain about the terrible treatment, rather than meaningfully develop them, they give them some meaningless warfront that means nothing - NOTHING after the damage has been done by the horde, that has no bearing on the main plot - Darkshore win or loss means nothing to whats going on in the expansion - the night elves were already slaughtered

and because they, not the fans, they blizzard give her that meaningless warfront (equivalent of a dungeon) , this is counted as “had her share”, and a reason why she and the night elves should be cut out of Azshara - yet humans who are constantly everywhere, ALL the time, don’t fail to make a meaningful appearance in Naz’jatar, and Jaina who has had far more presence than Tyrande in wow, doesn’t seem to have had her share after her large roles in 8.0 and 8.1 … Jaina who has no bearing on Azshara or the naga- the naga weren’t even in Dustswallow marsh, but have been involved whenever the night elves have turned up.

it’s more ridiculous.

Because they never intended Jaina and Tyrande to be at the same level in the first place. Again, Jaina was presented as a main character, while Tyrande wasn’t. Deal with it.

I remember how it seemed very different in WC3/TFT, when night elves were far more relevant - and this is why many people want the WC3 night elves back - they want night elves that were more relevant and dangerous - not hippsters and marginalised.

Saying that it’s just weird to have Azshara dealt with without the main people of her story arc and the race’s story arc principally involved either - whether Jaina is a main character or not.

Furthermore, no matter what they regard, a lot of their fans love their night leves and their night lef lore, and hyped to see Azshara because of it, then you can imagine massively disappointed when Tyrande and the night elves don’t show up too - fans will be upset, they’ve got to deal with that.

Put it this way, no one would have batted an eyelid if Jaina wasn’t in Naz’jatar, she’s got nothing to do with the naga, - if she wasn’t part of kul’tiras we’d be surprised and comment, not Naz’jatar however. Tyrande absent? Look at the stir it’s caused. if you don’t like that we’re upset, deal with it.

1 Like

Totally agreed here. Gosh I remmeber warning and saying - if this is IT for the night elves, it’s not even close to enough.

The reality that the current writers had ditched and marginalised their most original race adaptation. of all the adaptations of popular fiction races in wow, Night elves is the most extravagant and innovative, while I love the Thalassian elves, we got such depth , breadth, and unique identity with night elves, you dont’ think of them as dark elves or forest elves (at least we didn’t in WC3/WotA/Classic era) - night elf was a thing of its own, it was that unique.

God knows why they thought every other race was more interesting … it’s almost like someone else took over development that just couldn’t grasp what was so attractive about the night elves, and didn’t think them worth developing after what we got - so they ran them into the ground, and kept stomping on them.

Till what was the best new race to ever be introduced in wow in my opinion, is no longer seriously developed and brought back to light.

I wouldn’t stop playing wow because of it, but i’ll sure as hell be disappointed at hte lack of vision - like being oscillating between 1st and 3rd most played race isn’t indication enough that this race should not be marginalised - yet , we continualy get force fed everythign else, and then see all the good development for them ditched.

PLEASE, PROMOTE DEVS WHO LOVE THE NIGHT ELVES to senior development. I know their are many in junior devleopment, the love given to the art work in Suramar , Val’sharah and the Cathedral of Eternal night was not the work of haters. Give us devs who won’t can the night elven stories created and swap them out later - like they swapped more night elf stuff for legion and order hall stuff on the Broken shore, cutting them out.

1 Like